The dirty secret of California’s legal weed

These are the details of the program

Brands like Jetty are solventless and pesticide free. There’s also brands like Moon Valley which are grown in living soil but aren’t certified. Redwood Remedies and Notil gardens are also companies that are supposed to be Ocal and living soil.

3 Likes

I just ordered from my service and they’re really trying to push stiizy. They gave me a free stiizy battery for free with my order. I go to their website and I see this…

Almost 50 stiizy products for cheaper than i’ve ever seen.

I looked at another local place and what do ya know…

#1 brand in California? Not at this rate.

3 Likes

After reading recent articles about pesticide residue in those vape products I can’t bring myself to even consume those I have on hand, much less purchase more.
Pity, I liked the vape pens.

4 Likes

I’d advise to always check the recall list for people in california because this was recalled last thursday and here I see it for sale.

4 Likes

That’s some BS right there.

2 Likes

Dude…aspergillus flavus is no joke

2 Likes

A very good friend of mine and fellow grower works for a dispo and he was telling me that WCC is definitely untrustworthy

Really glad not to see anything I have on this list btw. Seems like when money comes first something bad is bound to happen

Thanks for starting this topic btw! Deserves to be pinned :100:

3 Likes

I recently threw away a Gary Payton vape I was suspicious of for the same reason

Can recommend PAX however, they are next level when it comes to quality control

It seems sketchy out there.

3 Likes

Lots of people learning the ways of popping seeds. This board is reknown for it.

I saw a post of a guy looking for an 80’s strain. I grew that strain so I contacted him and asked for his address. He was blown away but got his seeds.

Just the way it is (let me do that in caps and bold)THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS HEREstrong text****

Live with it.

3 Likes

I do not know if this is aimed at children or adults who played video games in the 80’s.

1 Like

Concentrates are concentrated. Duh! I cannot see this happening as long as the product is tested before it is ‘concentrated’ (flower) and not after.

And this makes the black market stuff even scarier.

Missed seeing that but … :+1:

Sigh, as long as corporate cash flows to media disinformation and lobbyists in the current manner it comes down to calling out our own issues. It takes a united voice to bring about mandates and change. The right to petition for change got cannabis on the ballot in some places and there is where change began. Still is ‘divide and conquer’.

4 Likes

Cali weed always gave headaches behind my right eye.

I think alot of people are calling that a head high today.

5 Likes

You’ve got something green stuck to your shoe.

2 Likes

some of it did but others didn’t. some of the michigan weed does too. and then this one brand that we’ve liked for over a year started giving them to me. right behind the right eye.

1 Like

Former deputy director of laboratory services @ the DCC is suing in LA county superior court. All the links were paywalled, so I went into the courts and found the complaint. Unfortunately I could only see the first page without paying.

It alleges that labs were warning the DCC that growers were pressuring them for better results and that they failed to act. Also seems like from the first page that it alleges she was retaliated against for talking about or doing something about this. It costs $8.20 to buy the “complaint.”

https://www.lacourt.org/paos/v2public/DocumentImages/SelectDocuments

10 Likes

Things are moving fast. Seems possibly because of this complaint…

DCC Chief Deputy Director Rasha Salama (second in charge) is stepping down, effective September 30.

5 Likes

Wowsers, suing for whistleblower retaliation.

Go for it! Expose the corruption!!

2 Likes

Just about anything mass produced will most likely have pesticides used on it & that’s with any crop.

2 Likes

Yeah man no doubt ab that

3 Likes