The Ebner Effect on Cannabis seed

How do you make the water with the bits? Just stir and water in?

2 Likes

Yep, just stir it in and wait an hour or two, helps if it’s somewhat warm, 70-ish F.
Rainwater or distilled only.
I’ve waited as long as 4 hours.
The water gets thick and sorta milky the longer you wait.
Probably work best as a dunk. 2nd best would be a drench.
Those bits don’t dissolve but the cultures are in the voids in the bits.
Usually they sink when saturated.
You can strain them out, maybe reuse them once or twice. I toss 'em.
Good luck!

4 Likes

I’ll have to get back to using my bits in the regimen again. I’ve seen a few flyers. It took them a long time to get around the tent too. They regularly seem to die off on their own, so it does appear I still have the bti in my soil alive and well.

3 Likes

Hey Oni,
Just wanted to give you the latest on my gnat population.
I was out of town for a few days and on my return I had about 40 gnats in both my flowering/experiment tent sticky trap and roughly 60 on my wife’s flower stand, 2 sticky traps.
My veg tent has none.
So the bits only provide control not a fix.

I think the bits are used most effectively in loose, well aerated soil mixes that need frequent watering. You can mix a new batch of bits with each watering. Last year I used a very high proportion (50%) perlite mix to 50% TLO mix and this approach worked well.
I chose a heavier mix(30% perlite) initially cuz I started off with air pots which dry out much quicker than solid walled pots. That soil is now in the solid walled pots I potted up to.

Online several sites describe using H2O / H2O2(3%) mix as a bottom soak as a fix.
The key is to keep the ratios high enough to kill gnat larvae but not hurt the plants.
Some sites recommend a 4 part H2O to 1 part H2O2 soak but I found this damaged the plants that I tried that on.
The other half I used 7 part H2O to 1 part H2O2 which didn’t seem to affect the plants at all but apparently has fixed the gnat population completely.
No additional gnats for 5 days now.

Anyway, the tech I used was to bottom soak the pots in an inch or so of 7/1 for 5 days. The extra O2 in hydrogen peroxide keeps the plants healthy despite the long soaking.
3% Hydrogen peroxide is 88¢ at walmart for 32 oz… or food grade 30% H2O2 can be reduced to 3% by cutting it with 11 parts distilled water, then add 7 more parts to the resulting mix for the soak.

I’m putting together an update, hope to have it soon.

2 Likes

Here is the effect 4 h2o/1 h2o2 had on my plants the 1st day after starting the soak.
T4 just drooped over. Now, after a rain water rinse, she is slowly straightening up.
“3” and “F” both suffered from 4/1 and I chopped them both. More on their fate in another post.

Here is “1”, the tallest plant. Along with “7” and “3” demonstrate opposite extremes in plant growth from the Ebner device. Gonna chop her tomorrow. If I remember I’ll get her length.
“7” would easily have been twice her height now.

+++++++++++++++++

C1
Still has a few weeks to go.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

T3
Ditto C1 above.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Clones from dearly departed “F”.

They are monstering quite well and I aim to get 12 clones, the legal max, to my buddy for his next grow.
Very smelly “F” is.
I’ll donate those momssters to one his pals who has an outdoor cage. Glad I’m not his neighbor.:poop:

5 Likes

Somehow my population is just dead now. I haven’t seen one in awhile now.

2 Likes

Here are the last two good pics I have of “3” and “F”.

“F”

++++++++++++++++++++

“3” chopped and dried

5.5 "
2.4 grams

++++++++++++++++++++++++

“F” chopped…

…and dried.
2.4 grams also and maybe a bit less as I see now a bit of stem in that bag.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Root mass from both.
It is apparent now that my soil mix was way too heavy from the get go.
“3” roots were confined to a 3" ball, whereas “F” extended well into the pot.

A consistency I noticed was Ebner treated plants suffered in high nutrient mix and seemed to do much better with less.

Smoke report up coming…

5 Likes

Sorry no smoke report yet.
C2 and T4

C2 showing 60%+ amber

C1 and T3

C1 amber

T3

So we can see differences in overall size and maturity in these examples.
The Ebner treated seed in this round were 40% smaller than untreated seed and are about a week or two behind as well.

Based on this experience, and accepting the irregularities in my setup, the Ebner treatment still has a definite effect on cannabis seed growth.
The first round showed the device aided in sprouting old seed but actually delayed sprouting slightly in the second round with fresh seed.
The other observation is the device is capable of prompting both extremes in growth, mini plants such as “3”, T3 and T4 .
“1” and especially “7” showed the exact opposite.
Due to my cramped setup “7” had to be taken out but only after it had shot up to the top of my tent and then broke in half.
(btw “1” was 24" above ground, making it the tallest of the bunch to make it to harvest, weigh-in results soon.)

This will pretty much end the growth portion of this trial, except for a harvest report and a smoke report which will take place over a 2 day period.

More later…

5 Likes

Smoke(vape) report “3” and “1”, both treated.

Last evening loaded up a vape bowl of “3” top bud and vaped the whole 5min cycle… and not much of a high.
“3” was the weird, mini plant that I somehow imagined would have me seeing stars, no such luck I’m sorry to report. A dud.
After an hour and a half I did the same trick but this time with “1” … and did not finish the bowl. Super strong piney/sour/skunk aroma and heavy, hard hitting paranoia high. Whew.
After looking out all of my windows and checking the door locks twice I settled down a bit and tried to watch a little tv but my mind kept jumping around and couldn’t focus.
This reminded me of a strong sativa high that had been in flower too long.
This type of smoke is best for bright daylight - summertime tubing on the lake and I’ll reserve “1” for that.

Tonight “F” will be shown the bowl…

2 Likes

A little discussion and a big crow eating session from me as I blame the following flub up to having recently been given my first vape pen from a good friend. Galactic Jack; 85% THC | 0% CBD

Apologies to the readers of this thread for the flub but Galactic Jack must have Jack Herer in it’s lineage because I get the same energetic ride from it that JH used to give me.
I don’t really get that from my own JH crosses.

Any way, this am’s smoke report erroneously stated “3” as being tested and a dud.
Actually, “F” is the one that was tested.

Here is the corrected roundup of this experiment:

If you recall F weighed in the same as 3 but was a collection of small tops because some bonehead was too lazy to figure out a fan setup for my new tents and also being a clumsy bonehead managed to decapitate F as well as 7 early on in this test.

This is 3.

I kept it separate from the others in a mason jar to keep the bud intact.

So this was my next step.

As I write this, 3 provides a smooth, contemplative buzz that is the polar opposite of the terrifying 1.

So now, while this is a wholly subjective report, the Ebner device is giving me direct evidence of being able to alter the character and intensity of the high.
While I was curious to what difference this device might have on the quality of the high, I certainly didn’t expect this.
These seeds(1, 3 and F) are from the same plant!

“Make of this what you will.” (h/t Stroppy Me @ youtube)

About smell,:
3 has a slightly disagreeable sour odor,
1 does too with a skunk overlay.
F is pure skunk.
C 1 + 2 have a smell reminiscent of piney grapefruit, a very elusive yet pleasant odor.
T 3 +4 is similar, less intense with an acrid, sharp undertone.
I’ll compare the 2 this weekend.

btw, the bag marked “outdoor” is last years outdoor grow that I just happened to find in my garage this week!
I can compare anything to this pot as it sets the bar for me for potency, nothing beats outdoor, imo.

It looks like I will be trying this experiment again, with a tighter setup.
More to come…

5 Likes

Sorry for the long pause between updates, here are the final yield numbers:

C 1 and 2:
5.7 grams

T 3 and 4
4.5 grams

Smoke report on “C” and “T” coming…

4 Likes

Smoke report on T - 3 and 4.

Just a refresher, “T” plants were seeds of a cross I made last year, Golden Tiger x Blue Dream 1st year cross.

Since I have been using plants from the same seed as the “C”'s since Easter, a rough comparison can be made.

T gives a high that is more sativa in character than it’s control.
It has a slightly higher kick, less mellow, noticeably higher paranoid edginess.

A marked difference that even my jaded senses register.

So this report, … pretty much closes out this thread.

Once again, the process of sharing knowledge has enriched me far more than I could have given.
So thanks for everybody’s contributions, pro or con.

One last thing I’d like to ask; Has anyone else tried or is planning on making this simple device and experiment themselves?
I sure would appreciate any additional info about cannabis and Ebner’s Effect on it, … if it exists.

See you around…:wink:

3 Likes

Man, cool topic, will def have to give this a read, thanks for pointing it out from the other thread @spaceman

1 Like

Thanks for hanging in there.
The EFG is gonna be put in to use again very soon, at least with cloning experiments.

A lot of critical opinions right from the get go from this post and I wasn’t expecting it especially from the warm welcome I received from the Introduction Forum.
I realize I handle that poorly but these folks weren’t even giving it a chance.
And the weird thing was the dogma being chucked at me.
Never thought high school biology would become a belief system.
If the experiment falls on it’s face, proof is right there.

Experiencing’s believing, ime.

lol

1 Like

I love experiments, I won’t knock them, even if there are flaws in the studies design because you can always try again and try to make it more sound.

If it works or if you get any plausible results, to me, that’s awesome and if there are still skeptics, just keep goin and try to eliminate/address where someone might take issue with it.

Heck, maybe they were correct and then you get to the bottom of it faster and you don’t waste your time in the future. Or, maybe it just proves the theory further and maybe even becomes a full on new method people start adopting.

I think a good example of this is the silver injections for female pollen; still needs further investigation but if it gets figured out, could be a great new method.

1 Like

man, follow your instincts …
If the great discoverers had heard opposing opinions, they would not have been discoverers …

I took a quick look at your topic and identified myself, they are researching another madness, if you have time, take a look at the Keshe Foundation …
It’s very crazy, he followed Tesla’s base and promises free energy to everyone, without a monopoly, in addition to having a segment for agriculture, which he says makes plants capable of producing their own nutrients.
I’m studying this a little bit, I made glass for the prevention of covid …
One thing is for sure, we are not robots to keep repeating, we need to do it differently …

hug

Edit: glasses / glass. thanks @GnomeyByNature

1 Like

Glasses huh, like goggles?

sorry for the translation … I did the editing …

It’s not dogma or a belief system. Biology is only true because it’s provable and repeatable and endlessly studied. Difficult, yes, things get very complicated after Bio II.

Still working on your bug zapper plant chakra thingamajig? Or have you moved onto more hard sciences like moonbeams and wishing wells?

1 Like

So you seem to have waaay too many variables. You need to only have a single difference to test if its having affect, otherwise your looking at combinations of things to create effects. I think your environmental variables, and the inherent epi-genetic/phenotypic variation among a f1 batch of seeds is what your seeing, I’ve grown f1’s that where from the same cross and turned out quite different. Start with a stable IBL, you need as homogenous of genetics as you can get to see if thats what your changing. Not an f1 cross with lots of variability.

You say the bar was set by your outdoor, that your comparing to your indoor testing, thats a variable and not a fair comparison. You run 25 control, and 25 test. Only hit the 25 test seeds with your ebner effect device. everything else needs to be the same; pot size, soil composition, lighting, RH, etc etc etc.

Dial it in and try again. Eliminate variables and actually test for what your testing…

Keep it up, hopefully its not another year until we get an update.

1 Like