The first Canadian Frost Cup!

Count me in please :drooling_face:

1 Like

Nice! Can’t wait for this to get going, should be lots of nice entry’s :grin:

Grower or judge?

Grower please.

2 Likes

I like this idea! Can we also do this same idea for anyone growing outside this coming spring ? @Kushking902

3 Likes

If this goes good and there’s enough interest I don’t see why not! That would be a good time to introduce the idea of opening it up to everybody. I need to figure a few more things but I’m pretty sure it would work

4 Likes

This sounds really cool @Kushking902 . I signed up as a judge, I saw you made the post a wiki. If I was not supposed to do that, please remove me. :v:

4 Likes

@DougDawson You’re good to go man. I’m glad you’re taking part. The judge spots are great for the busy members or if the timelines don’t work out. :grin:

3 Likes

Fantastic idea @Kushking902 :clap:

I can add some seed to the prize :v:

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks man. This should be fun.

3 Likes

Thanks! I think it’s a great way to get members involved and have a winter project. It should be fun.
Sounds good, all the competitors will like that :grin:. Thank you

5 Likes

This will be an additional load for you but then you could just specify 1-2 pics per grower, per week due by the weekend so you can post every Sunday night or something.

One issue I can imagine with keeping things hidden is that grow spaces can possibly identify a grower if you already follow their threads and are familiar with what they show in pictures of their grow space(s).

3 Likes

One or two pics posted on a specific day wouldn’t be too bad. I’m pretty sure I have an app that removes backgrounds. if there were more then 10 growers I’d probably space out picture days having groups of growers on different days.

5 Likes

What is expected to be mailed? I’m assuming flower sample for each judge?

3 Likes

That shouldn’t matter at all. All the judges will get is a flower sample with a number. I can’t imagine anyone being able to tell which buds came from which grow unless they really stood out like being really purple or something like that.

6 Likes

Yup just pick your 5 favourite buds so they can be divided into the judges packages. One per judge. I won’t say a certain weight bud just whatever you think is suitable for someone to sample and give an honest score on. :grin:

4 Likes

It’s a good idea to not to display post harvest pics until all the results are in also. They look a lot different after trimmed, dried and cured.

5 Likes

Still in search of 4 Canadian growers and 1 judge

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Seeing the plants still up and then seeing the buds after drying/curing would be totally different unless they stood out for a specific reason.

4 Likes

What about return addresses? Will everything be sent to a distributor, as returned addys could also hint at whom the entries are from. Just a thought :v:

2 Likes