The first Canadian Frost Cup!

This is just an assumption but I would think all would to go to @Kushking902 and then be sent out from him.

5 Likes

@DougDawson is right, all growers send their entry to me. I will give each entry a number that only me and the grower will know. I put all entries into the five judges packages and the judges all score the strains. When they let me know the scores i can announce the winners by name :grin:

7 Likes

do you need an entry fee to help cover costs of distribution and prizes?
I’m more in it for the participation than a prize but certainly don’t mind contributing to costs.

7 Likes

@Kushking902 I posted the link to this thread in the :canada: thread!

4 Likes

No it’s all good man, just enjoy :grin:. It’s only a small group so it won’t be too bad. I might have to figure something out if there’s lot of interest for another one but we’re ok for this round

5 Likes

Awesome thank you!

2 Likes

Are we judging the bud or the grower? Should we pick different judges? :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Snagged the last judges spot, hope that’s ok :grin:

I would have gone grower but I’m starting one Nov 1st already…

Love the idea @Kushking902!!

5 Likes

Awesome! The judges are all locked in now we just need 4 more growers

3 Likes

Great idea @Kushking902 ! I’m in as a grower.
Do you feel 5 judges are enough to get a good general consensus?

3 Likes

@Budderton Do you think we need more? This is basically a test run so I tried to keep it small at first but you might be right. Do you think 8 or 10 would be a better all around number?

3 Likes

I was thinking the more judges, the more accurate the consensus but i also understand that each judge represents a monetary investment and this is a trail run for shits and guggles. Plus more judges puts the pressure on to produce more flower, figuring each judge should receive 4-7 grams for a decent sample(IMO). I usually do the medium sized prepaid shipping boxes when i send out samples to testers. I’d be happy to send a couple boxes over if you decide to up the number of judges or perhaps the judges could supply their own boxs. I’m good with whatever you decide. At the end of the day, it’s all for fun!
:v::grin:

8 Likes

Yeah we will up the judges for sure. I don’t want it to cost anything if I can help it. There would be less interest I think especially with it only the first shot at this.

2 Likes

Ok so I upped it to 10 judges that should provide a decent review of the submissions and still keep it an easy goal for the growers with smaller plants. :grin:

4 Likes

So there are 5 more judges needed and 3 more growers. Maybe @DougDawson can direct some people over this way. :grin:

3 Likes

Cool. Let me know if you’d like a couple prepaid shipping boxes, glad to chip in!

3 Likes

I might have to bow out, my plants don’t get big enough to give that much to 5 judges.

2 Likes

@THCeed You don’t need that much man. As long as each gets a bud to try out. I didn’t mention a set amount because everyone’s grows are a little different and I want it to be as inclusive as possible.

5 Likes

I would love to enter as a grower.

1 Like

This sounds like a really fun competition, I’m down like syndrome, put me in coach
:love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like