The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

Looks to be in its 5th week. @Upstate

Here I was getting the room ready, the march 14th

March 17th I had it in flowering, I supercropped it probably the 10th of April

32 Likes

If you need that preserved, I’m your man😁

12 Likes

They are really pretty plants. I know the pheno. Cryptic Oaxaca has that one too. I’ll be interested to see if the buds look similar.

9 Likes

No doubt. I lost the seeds, pretty sure I found them a couple weeks ago. Testers took off like a rocker straight up. I only had 2 vials unmarked, glad I found these again.

I’m going breed up a solid line. And I may have extras now for you. I’ll check.

I love its everything on it. These new ones I’ll top and prune heavy

That one I topped once, no prunning…too bad it ran away before I could top it again lol

8 Likes

That would be great if you found some extra😁 Oaxaca is my all time fav. Here’s that same pheno I think.

38 Likes

Gorgeous work hermano!

3 Likes

Another great thread for info

3 Likes

Aha! You’re a good secret keeper; I remember your mysterious Chiapas comment when I was talking about my Zapatista cross idea! :sweat_smile::flushed:

7 Likes

I’ve got Oaxaca 79 x Panama going right now from dubi. I’m about take some cuttings and will be keeping her as a mom…also awaiting some other seeds from another Spanish grower, another O79 hybrid…

Here is Red Snake x Punta Cometa Oaxacan which I also posted over on the Central American thread.

29 Likes

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan male.

34 Likes

Thanks bro :pray:

4 Likes

I get recently a very old batch of "Red Snake "
I’m gonna send it to a very good friend of mine
Probably I’ll be sharing some here in a future

17 Likes

Upstate, have you ever been able to contact the cryptic labs people and talk about the strains background more?

9 Likes

Some more photos of the Oaxacan 79 x Oaxaca
I never sow it again, but there’s a future on this cross
IMG_20230419_210723 IMG_20230419_210927 IMG_20230419_211028

31 Likes

Thanks for making this thread dedicated to Mexican landraces, definitely needs a dedicated home - it gets crowded in some of the other landrace threads. Who better to do it than the legendary @Elchischas . Looking forward to your accounts/anecdotes!

8 Likes

Thank you for posting these gems Elchischas! Always love your great pics and info. :slight_smile:

Here is my current Upstate/Cryptic Labs Oaxacan female. She is showing promise…

![PXL_20230420_185423813|375x500]

23 Likes

So, I’m wondering, is this the First Lady strain that you have, or something else? I have a pack of seeds that I have been sitting on for several years that has the exact same story. Ace offered these a few years ago when they carried the Delicatessen lines. If it is First Lady then I have read mixed reports as to whether it really is a non hybridized Landrace. Very curious to see how you make out with them. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I never asked, but I could. It’s a 1970 Oaxaca and that’s all I know. Hmm. I’m surprised I never thought to ask.

10 Likes

Looks like nice early resin starting to form on the leaves. Always a good sign. It looks similar to what @Panamajock has going.

7 Likes

I hope you are right. I’d love to see that one pure.

6 Likes