The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

Love these leaves on every plant.

Great pics!!

These seeds come from @Arturo_Gas
Personal stash seeds. It’s an IBL line.

Unfortunately won’t be long and a different selected male is gonna heavily seed it up. I wanted to not seed it up, then seed up the CVO with the new seeds. I went through 30 to get this beastly female and perfect aroma

I seen Swami crossed Red Colombian into his Copalita Village Oaxacan.
On his new menu.

Since this phenotype expression kicked like a mule in the face, after I closed the first clone up in the bucket for 3 days, with Saran wrap rubberbanned tight up top like always, day 3 I opened it and a legend gave me an upper cut up both nostrils. Super powerful and I didn’t rub it. It was there ready to pollenate my brain lol :100::dove:

That way allows me to use nothing with cloning but a bucket/container in cloning. It’s set it and forget it.

2 weeks they should look like the day you put it in. Outdoors with a drenching wet soil in tall grass can recover in 3 days standing straight up again.

Then it seems to make clone growth explode from then on.

I did it in 104, 106, 108 degrees last year. Got it on video too :dove:
Discovered that method by accident one year growing.

With humidity at night and humid heat in the day, and the☀ heating everything up make the clones respond better.

So you can use a enclosed bowl, it’s gotta hold a lot of water during the process.

Last year I buried a glass rose vase to test that way, pretty sure that’s gonna work good too. It was also cranking over 100 . It stood back up, got too hot one day and went liimp from water level dropping. So I buried it to keep the water from drying out in 100 degrees full sun. No tall grass for this method. Worked great and kept water in it.

16 Likes

So you put the whole clone in the bowl and water or wrap bowl with Saran wrap then poke clone through? Or wrap clone in wrap and stick in water. Sorry I just cant quite picture it yet.

1 Like

He is a nice enough fella. Open to chatting. Shoot him an email and I bet he responds to you. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi bro…
I didn’t get those seeds. The guy that got it never was interested to share. But the first lady strain isn’t pure, was an hybrid, that’s why I’m really was interested on those pure seeds. I don’t know if someone still keep it preserved…

7 Likes

X post From the Central America L&H thread

8 Likes

Some more photos of the Oaxacan 79 x Oaxaca cross
IMG_20230421_140022

IMG_20230421_140311 IMG_20230421_140756

32 Likes

I use a bucket, white one. Spray the inside with plain water. Set the plant inside, I use smell seedling tray jokes to any size pot. I’ve cloned 3 foot clones this way. Used a big container on its side.

Big containers you can use the lid it comes with.

Once the plant is set dry in the bucket, that was spayed, then spray water on saran wrap, cover the bucket with the saranwrap, then use a rubberband or string to hold the saran wrap on secure , then I pull it tight.
It doesn’t hurt to have the top of the plant touching the saran wrap. I’ve bent them over to get them to fit. No electric, no chemical set it and forget it method.

Plus you keep the plant in its regular veg light schedule.

About 10 to 21 days it will root up.

20 Likes

Cool method! I will give this a try as I have been doing a vermiculite in cups set in a water bath. It usually works in about two weeks. I like the idea of sticking the cuttings in dirt though, and this looks like a great little set up.

3 Likes

What is his email? Thanks

1 Like

Here’s a clone I took yesterday. This is 100% all natural cloning.

If the weather was warmer I could clone under the full sun in tall grass, open air.

I’ve had clones come back in 3 days outside in full sun. They are standing straight up again. I did it when the weather was 104 104, 106.
It works. Oversoak the soil using a small coffee plastic can size. What I used for over 36 years q, I’m sure a nice container with no drain holes will work.

Big clone needs a bigger container if you’re cloning not using the Sun and tall grass, you can see the top of plant is pressing up against the plastic, won’t hurt a thing.

22 Likes

I don’t know his email, but Mystic Funk is who you are looking for. He is on several forums including IC.

5 Likes

Awesome thanks! I’ve gotten lucky with saving a plant by taking 2 clones and had 1 root but I don’t like luck if skill can change your outcome.

2 Likes

Great to see this over here

Sent you a couple links in a PM

The sweet Mexican weed from the past

Its always better!

3 Likes

After reading about these amazing Mexico strains made me wonder how many. How many fire seeds did I throw away because they came from smashed together brick weed but with proper care and cure could have been the one hitter quitter? Idk I have trouble sleeping so my brain runs in overdrive!

5 Likes

X post from Central America L&H heirloom thread.

3 Likes

Amigo… If I tell you how many rare and unique méxican seeds I lost into the past 25 years…
The life is not good or bad, is just the way it is.
i learned that with a lot of pain.

18 Likes

I feel ya :+1:.

4 Likes
1 Like

she said it loud and clear ! that way is how I get closer to happiness. whatever, one day we will become dust and only the memory will remain.
I raise this glass for you all gentleman!
have a nice night amigos!

18 Likes

Between 1989 and 1993 I grew out about 120 seeds from Mexican brick weed. One plant was fire, and it was male. I crossed it to my best female. Most of the rest of the plants were bad, a few were decent.

I remember DJ Short writing about going through landrace brick weed seeds in the '70s saying that he was looking for special plants that were really high quality compared to the rest. He said he found it in about one out of every two hundred plants. That might be about right.

With the landrace and commercial brick weed you had to do a lot of sifting to find the good stuff, but when you did, it was worth it.

13 Likes