The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

That’s a very beautiful plant. I may try to make a similar cross with the beans I have. I bet it would be really nice smoke. Nice pairing.

2 Likes

Going on Week 7 soon. Copalita Village Oaxacan IBL

March 19th here

Still a ways to go, plus I just brought a male to cross into it, that has a 5 to 6 week flowering time. See what I can get crossing Red lightning into it.

Plus I have 8 clones of CVO from this to breed with. :dove:

29 Likes

It’s been super cropped on both limbs. The main bud is all the way to the left in the picture, the other limb didn’t make it week 2 super crop. It was 6 inches nothing major, it’s still growing in plain water. But it also paid off in its on way allowing the lowers to spear up. Shut my door for a holiday dinner come back and one top was too dried up. It was doing good till then. So I just removed it and threw it in water.

It’s practically standing itself, great plant and can’t wait to grow out the clones for a bud harvest.

7 Likes

Wow Greg. That really looks awesome! What kind of aromas are you getting?

3 Likes

What flowering time you looking at there? Beautiful plant.

Such a beautiful plant.

Some updates from the sierras…
My friend on Oaxaca highlands updated me with another pure Oaxacan Strain from a new location.
Probably i’ll be getting more different interesting seeds from this new area

54 Likes

Is that a hybrid or maybe bred for years using a BLD variety? Just from looking at the buds they remind me of buds I have now from other outdoor stuff.

Can you imagine having all of the local landrace to start with, and I bet they’re growing some good herb there these days in addition to the pure landrace.

2 Likes

It’s pure Mexican landrace. That seed is the same that they used for generations.
I know when the seeds and plants are hybrids
When its an hybrid immediately I throw away the seeds. Recently we acquired a pure Chiapas strain, one of my good friends made the repro, he is smoking it right now and he said its really good, potent and quite euphoric.

22 Likes

What I would give for a pack of those beans fresh right off the donkey

8 Likes

I told Upstate I was going to cross Bodhi’s ZAP (oaxacan x Vietnam x thai) with a pure Chiapas and call it Zapatista! :fist::fist::fist:
I’m not asking for your seeds, just sharing a funny anecdote.

10 Likes

I wonder which Oaxaca did bodhi use to make that “Zap” ??

Nice Mexican weed!

Be a satisfied feeling bringing down a load of grass after long season of work!

…makes the sight of a donkeys ass… half-way bearable

8 Likes

First i need to make really sure that the Strain is well works. When i share i’m just share the real deal. With me just expect pure mexican landraces.

24 Likes

One of my friend made a repro of interesting pure landrace from Chiapas. And another good friend back to life a old Chiapas strain.

17 Likes

Amazing. That kind of work is beautiful to me!

3 Likes

Just thinking back of all the Mexican seeds I’d tossed back in the early 70’s . Probably a lot of great plants to be found.

15 Likes

That looks just like bag weed I used to get in Highschool (74’-78’). Brings back memories!

6 Likes

The first weed I ever smoked was Michoacán in '71. It was the main brick weed for a few years. I wonder what it’s like in sensi form?

3 Likes

Looks like what we use to call “Mexican Red Hair”

6 Likes

The shit is so hard to finish where I’m at, I’ve had some luck with kali mist and some haze crosses. What do I need to grow in order to get the soaring high that only pure sativas have, but something that finishes at least before December?

1 Like