The Mexican Landrace Thread

Hi bro, how are you?

The smell can be quite herbal with wood tones

this kind of buds coming directly from the Mountains so mostly of the times
So the buds already has few aromas

6 Likes

Hey hermano, all is well and growing thick like a jungle :green_heart:
Michoacans are about to push through the bedroom ceiling, time to tie, and the Oaxacans are starting to show sex. Micho collection underway :ok_hand:

I do love that dry woody tannin quality, very pleasing. Sounds lovely, the Old Oaxacan has a similar white oak saw dust note in it as well :green_heart:

7 Likes

Towering Michoacan and a Old Oaxacan HashPlant brick, spearmint and lime…

24 Likes

Hope you’re well brotha :green_heart:

Micho

16 Likes

That’s great!

That open sativa look is very prevalent … Looks good!

Seems strange but, its good to let them hit the roof like that…

That way they can express what they can before you really need to put any kind of bend or cut to them…

2 Likes

Beautiful plants hermano, really awesome work!
Thanks for share here

Have a good night!

2 Likes

Thank y’all :green_heart: I usually let the ceiling do the first bit of training :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

What size is that light? Someone else who likes to see how it is going to grow!

Nice work.

1 Like

Thank you brotha - they’re nanolux 315cmh. They’ve been my light of choice a while now, excellent spectrum, long (typically) bulb life, plants love them and its a pleasant spectrum to work under. Probably gonna move to metal halide after these wear down but they throw good light.

5 Likes

@DragonflyCoyoteSmoke sounds expensive to run. But the result are awesome.

Pretty economical lamps really - unit will run shy of 200 and the bulbs can be found from 90 to 120 with two years of full spectrum, at which point the blue begins to drop (still life for back-up) 315w draw and the footprint of a 600w. 3100 or 4200k spectrum. The nanolux I’ve always had great luck with for HID and CMH, they do really prefer their bulbs though which is a bit of a pain to be restricted in a pinch. I was popping philips bulbs left and right for a minute before using their bulbs without real issue.

Michoacan, bush and vine phenos. Plant in flower is one of their moms

19 Likes

Really beautiful plants bro

They like be with you,no doubt

8 Likes

Those are really nice. They love that light but I bet it costs alot. Right now I am fortunate enough to be able to grow outside. When I start new ones they are inside under an LED. Then later they go out.

Looking forward to seeing more of your grows!

2 Likes

you’ve got a really solid lighting setup.

2 Likes

@Elchischas thank you hermano :green_heart: the feeling is mutual haha!

@Grayeyes I definitely could be saving some money on AC, especially in my climate :yum: Enjoy that sunshine! Hope to grow these under free sky one day! Thanks for the love :green_heart:

@FrostyFellow thanks man, it’s done me (and them) well. Overall real big fan of the lamp style

5 Likes

Michoacan mother M1 flower and her offspring

Old Oaxacan :green_heart:

29 Likes

'Roll another one, just like the other one". Looks like it is time brother!

2 Likes

Ohh, looking real nice :+1:t3:

How’s the smoke / high of your Michoacan?

4 Likes

The time is high Greyeyes! And thank you sayrum!

At this point I’ve sampled the original population cured in four ways including fresh dried. Generally speaking it is quite an elegant and deep experience. I find it to be exquisite effects, generally speaking it’s nature is highly energetic yet with a ground, no anxiety. It can be quite cerebral trippy and visual distortions peripherally and close eyed. High consumption - myself and a buddy who prefers old heavy stone narcotic broad leaf types both have seen the walls move. The trippy and grounded nature carries that self amusing vibe, where you’re kind of giggling at how soaring you are with so much (perceived :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) clarity. I can socialize on it or drift off into a deep thought trance. And snap between the two gears pretty easy too. Long legs with a clean roll off. I’ll sleep like a baby coming down but it doesn’t put you to bed, that’s your choice.

Early stuff is highly stimulating and the trippy comes with curing and particularly the various sweat and ferment style cures I prefer.

She gives up the goods :green_heart:

20 Likes

Thank you for the detailed infos :pray:t3:

Your experience sounds like what I love in a sativa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So hopefully the seeds will arrive in the next weeks. And I’m guessing march 2025 will see me starting this enticing sativa lady!

5 Likes