The Mexican Landrace Thread

Those buds are looking absolutely beautiful.

2 Likes

Nice Work Fellows. @DragonflyCoyoteSmoke Love those old school 70s. Michoacan mother M1 flower and her offspring ,those are totally Awesome thanks so much you got me hunting for old school killer smoke ,we called those doctors ordered thanks , can you spare a couple seeds. I’m outside L at 28 outside will work…I’m hoping…peace…
Overgrowtheworld ,ohyeah…hitme…

2 Likes

Anytime @sayrum - exciting to hear, are you receiving beans from the reproduction or original stock, if you don’t mind me asking. I’ll be looking forward to seeing those sprout :green_heart:

Thank you @Either_Ad_9877 and @calman1955
These are the good doctor’s medicine :wink: sorry to say the Michoacan and Old Oaxacan are both a private collection and not available for purchase. I am working to combine the lines as well as other Mexican pure line crossings :green_heart: in time, as the work takes :wink:.

M3 mother

Draped in foliage of Durban x 72’CG (left) and a few of her offspring

Old Oaxacan Hashplant F1 tester, “Rosebud” pheno
Juicy fruit, green apple skin, pine needle and tea/woody tannin. Smokes like a dreamier version of the Old Oaxacan. Warm, social/not overwhelmingly distracting, light body and pressure around the eyes. Great for playing music and walking in nature. Or a nice siesta after over indulging after a few hours :joy:

Hope the gardens are thriving and the incense burning :green_heart:
CoyoteSmoke

19 Likes

Hola

Am getting the beans from @YoBigdaddy
I assume it’s from a reproduction.

No problem, I’ll tag you when I pop the Michuacan.
(must remember! Maybe I’ll write it on my arm with a sharpie :thinking:)

2 Likes

Ah right on, I’m not sure those would be the same Michoacan or not. If the sharpie wears off, I’ve got a knack for digging, and a strong memory despite my best efforts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To my knowledge I’ve done the only repopulation of the original seeds with one more batch of originals awaiting germination by @Elchischas amigo can you confirm?
I’ve passed it to three. I can confirm that the Michoacan that Kagyu has posted this season is from my reproduction. @Upstate holds it. The other is a friend beginning an outdoor acclimatization project as well as hybridization (contamination ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) with BLD types, particularly for South Eastern US climate. They’ll thrive in our heat and humidity if we can shave the flower time a touch. He is working with my M1 and M3 mothers as well as holds reproduction seed stock.
@heirloomwizard is due a letter as well

That’s the state of things, from my side, as I know it.

:green_heart:CoyoteSmoke

15 Likes

Hm, don’t know any more details about these seeds.
Just got them on the take seeds leave seeds thread…

I hope this will be ok for everyone :pray:t3:

3 Likes

That’s right brother…
You are the only one with seeds straight from the source

7 Likes

Dig it, another Michoacan collection never hurts :green_heart:

@Elchischas I appreciate the clarity hermano

8 Likes

There were no dates on these 2 germinated seeds. only thing known to @SativaKid about them, before he gifted them… is that they were called Acapulco Gold Regular !

If anybody has any info on the history behind these I’d appreciate it being shared with me… or the “Kid”, until then, 2 of 5 have made it. I’ve owned them for 4 years now, no idea how long they’ve been around before that.

They are going to share a tent this Fall with 6 landrace Kashmir plants…

There was no change in the Kashmir seeds over-nite, so they’ve been planted

12 Likes

I wished I remembered but if they prove out, bingo!

3 Likes

That’s 1000% behind this @SativaKid.

As it turns out, its a perfect # of plants / strains to fill a 4’ tent with; 6 kashmir x 2 acapulco gold. M / F welcome

I’ll keep things posted.
Time to get outside, Cheers gang

4 Likes

The Red should change color as soon as it hits 8 degrees overnight for a couple of nights. But first comes the yellow that you’re not to pick until the red appears.

4 Likes

Mendel described things in terms of F1 and F2. What is M1 and M3?

2 Likes

Nice small dark seeds are a good start! :crossed_fingers:

@Grayeyes M1 and M3 are referenced above in the dried flower and the flowering plant. They would be P1 to the reproduction released population. Michoacan 1 and Michoacan 3. At the time I was unable to keep clones of the entire population, M2 didn’t make it. Both of the vine phenotype, M1 is faster flowering compared to M3 and more sensitive.

5 Likes

Tell my Friend… to stop pulling Fan leaves, he simply does not listen.

I’ve already asked him to stop daily Fan removals a couple of times.

OG Row is left to me, on his property… I don’t take it too far.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive news on small dark seeds @DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

I run an equal opportunity tent! Everybody gets a Shot lol

I was impressed with the recent Colombia Gold Legacy Seeds and how Tiny they were… Nothing but good News !!

3 Likes

I did that on the first red.

1 Like

Here are my Huixtepec girls who are hinting at flowers. Now 6th day of 13 hours of dark.

19 Likes

Gonna be some beautiful spears :green_heart:

2 Likes

I hope so. The one on the far right is the one that most interests me, the branchy one. That is the structure I like the best.

2 Likes