The Mexican Landrace Thread

Here is a better picture. Guess this is another pheno.

10 Likes

Old Oaxacans :green_heart: 6ft+ growing out of some deficiencies and being stalled in 1 gallon pots a bit beyond where I’d like - ah well, full flower room, not such a problem to have :stuck_out_tongue: they’ll get some bigger shoes soon. Hoping they’ll start to show who’s who before long, but they’re taking their time, even under gas lantern lighting. Can dig :green_heart:

23 Likes

Nice! Your lighting is more than enough. I think there is a stubborn streak in these mexican and central americans. I waited forever, tried to light depp 3 times these corintos, but they were having none of it. Now as days grow shorter, suddenly there are preflowers on everything.

5 Likes

Absolutely :green_heart: these genetics require quite a bit of flowering hormone to stack up before they’ll think about kicking into gear. Likewise, a 72’ Colombian Gold sitting next to them just as long and just as slow to show. The Michoacans will budge and start showing sooner under this lighting schedule, not actual flowering, but theyll show - for comparison between the two lines.

9 Likes

Wow thats a beauty of a room @DragonflyCoyoteSmoke

Thats kind of timeless

5 Likes

Mine wasn’t that stretched out, more compact node spacing.

1 Like

Thank you @MissinBissin much appreciated :green_heart: they have an ancient aura about them

@KropDuster what type of terpene and effect profile did you experience?

4 Likes

Guerrero

Huixtepec

19 Likes

Does anyone have any of these Mexicans they’re willing to share? Let me know! Thank you!

@DragonflyCoyoteSmoke My experience with them was that they have a very nice pronounced floral smell. Even a year later cured in grove bags they have retained that nice aroma. Effects for me are very relaxed with a moderate heavy feeling, very chill. It’s definitely a hybrid as it was the first to start flowering and one of the first to get chopped last year around Oct 25th.

16 Likes

Hey Greandal,
I got a branchy Huixtepec.

12 Likes

She’s pretty!

5 Likes

Im just an old dude that burns some bud. Grow a tad of the old school. Who remembers mexican redhair?

19 Likes

I used to smoke it with my uncles in the late 90’s. They kept seeds from imports. Awesome mota. Lucky you.

5 Likes

Gorgeous! What a lovely shade of violet. Sounds like a lovely description :green_heart: and a stash to savor, year cure sounds exceptional :ok_hand:

@GREANDAL beautiful work there - any extra details on the first Guerrero type? Will be very cool to have two samples in jars from the same state :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nicely done @Olddude

1 Like

I used to have a redhair bud that was either mexican or jamaican around 1999 in nyc it was mid-priced and really good a fat fluffy quarter around $50 7-8g - the version we had we very mid-range but fresher than everything on the lower end around, the thing I do remember were the actually leaves were dark green and not lighter like some of the other mexican brick weed I know for a fact was mexican. Was thinking of that green bud with the red hairs the other day. it was darker red like strings of red, so I wonder what it was. Definitely was pure sativa. The thing I remember was the fluffiness and how dark and green it was, the buds were not dense nor loose. This could be the same, but your buds seem to be mostly red and better.

2 Likes

I have another old dude that I grew up with. He has been growing the red hair since the late 80s. Every couple years he picks out a nice male and beautiful female and refills his coffee can o seeds. He so old school he smokes out of a 5/16 deep socket

8 Likes

Any Chrome Teeth @Olddude
cheers to that one

3 Likes

Que maravilla!!!
Amazing plants

4 Likes