The Mexican Landrace Thread

Hey now @Olddude , nice eye candy. Sure Do by in school 70 red mex. So like triphy weed , wow
Peace in the middleast …have fun…
OverGrow The World with killer genes…nice Folks Ogers…high five…

2 Likes

So did you find these more indica than sativa? I went through a lot of hassle to get them but not first time I leave a seed pack in the frig.

1 Like

that’s nice. it’s starting to look like more and more people are discovering the first weed i smoked in high school in the '80s, which i bought from a guy who only sold Mexican redhair. this was before they started bricking everything up that crossed the border, so the buds were pretty well preserved, though the trim was a bit different than this and more of the sugar leaves left on. it was good smoke, but at the time i didn’t have any other source or anything to compare it to. the next year or two there was more skunk around and i lost track of that redhair dealer, unfortunately. i gotta try growing this for myself.

4 Likes

It’s hard to find the seeds. Those pics were from 2 years ago we found some seeds in some really good street weed and Tada! Planted 6 got 4 males. Even for my laid back grow or die bitch gardening style thats just too many dudes in my foliage.

7 Likes

Very nice y’all, looks like a fun red hair ride :cowboy_hat_face: hows the effect?

Michoacan m3 mother, two Old Oaxacan Hash Plants, and Colombian Gold hybrid I made. Super enjoyable smoke, and the colombian is even great chew :yum: I havened chewed the others yet

19 Likes

Not as good as the exotic stuff these days but a tasty smoke and nice social high unless of course you smoke too much

4 Likes

I personally categorize “indica” as having a dizzying foggy minded effect followed by a very sleepy feeling and the PMH is definitely not that. This is more sociable and relaxing but it’s most certainly not something I’d reach for before I’m about to go get some work done.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I have a pack that got confiscated twice by Canadian inspectors. I may grow them.

3 Likes

yeah i understand that. but i have seen enough landrace discussions to know that some redhair seeds are floating around and growing in Mexico today, if not as much in the US. not worried about it but am keeping an eye open.

3 Likes

Old Oaxacan group getting close to 8 feet, couple more weeks in the veg room yet lol there already wasnt space for them in flower room in 1 gal at 8 ft but now theyre definitely gonna wait a sec in new 3 gal. Jungle vibe :green_heart:
Shorty is one extra I popped after the others were going.

Michoacans filling in nicely

31 Likes

That’s what Im talkin’ about …get up over the lights!

4 Likes

Nice work growing @DragonflyCoyoteSmoke
Thanks For Sharing the eye candy…
That’s the one I have been hunting for Fifty years,
70s for a old captain of a ship. Many happy highs to you and yours , care to have any extras,
Michoacans , thanks. PEACE…

6 Likes

I really enjoy watching your Mexicans grow, brother!

3 Likes

This ones must be preserved.
The effects are realy desirable :drooling_face:
You made us dream

3 Likes

Appreciate the kindness brotha, happy to document them here :green_heart:
In regards to your hunt, at the time, this Michoacan is a private collection. I plant to stick with this line for quite some time though - there will be thoughtful outcrosses and in works and to come in the future from this line, as well as the Old Oaxacan that I look forward to sharing freely. I’ll be sure to keep updating :slight_smile:

Thank you again - and I hope you, yours and gardens, all are thriving :green_heart:

9 Likes

Much love @LandraceJunkie and @Aero
They have been increased, vaulted and shared to a few doing the same :slight_smile: these both are most definitely worth the effort :green_heart:
Bless
-CoyoteSmoke

7 Likes

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for providing the great photos. Really enjoy them.

3 Likes

Pearl Oaxacan chopped.
This one has a sweeter smell to it. I am starting to think this might be what Satva calls “Sweet frankincense” there is a little bit of pine in the smell as well. Really fresh and complex smell, not yet encountered before.
Got a clone and seeds x Oaxacan and x autoC99/Punto Rojo F3.

Looking forward to sample her.

Thanks a lot @Upstate!

30 Likes

Stunning :fire::dizzy_face::fire: sounds like a lovely bouquet

3 Likes

Verde Limón #9 today. Hand pollination on some lower branches with the #6 male (lemon pheno) looking successful.

16 Likes