The most potent strain on the market.

I have a herijuana finishing outdoors right now, that smells like a fresh tuna sandwich (so not fishy) in a bag of weed :laughing: It’s potency is ridiculous and for a lightweight like me, is pretty much impossible to smoke. One hit is too much…

6 Likes

Awesome, I am sure you will enjoy that once you harvest it. Herijuana is definitely a good strain for pain and for people with insomnia

2 Likes

Dude … why is benzene in this list? That is a known cancer causing agent/

1 Like

Yes it is,there are a few cancer causing components to Cannabis, when combusted you are changing things chemically in the weed onbe is the creation of benzene, if you smoke weed with tobacco you are are increasing the risks as tobacco contains other nasty stuff as well.

Thats why hemp can be used to make bio fuel, by removing the benzene from it and processing it into fuel.

3 Likes

What terpenes give energy?

1 Like

I think you have to look at how they affect you as an entourage rather than individually but eucalyptol is a blood flow stimulant. Increased energy can also be created by a psychological state rather than a stimulant you put in your body, you can stimulate yourself with caffeine, weather you act on it and do more things is optional. No matter how much coffee I drink it doesnt want to make me run a marathon :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t see citation but I accept that incomplete combustion can cause such chemicals to be in smoke methanol I knew of but benzene I was not. Maybe as a possible by product of any incomplete combustion process containing carbon(oxygen not available)?

2 Likes

It would be over combustion causing it to be produced, not incomplete. Once you hit 401F that creates it in the smoke, if you vape and keep your temps to 385F its not going to be a problem. Smoking a pipe traps a lot of tars in the stem so it doesn’t go into your lungs. Joints are where you will be producing and inhaling benzene.

2 Likes

LOL

But lower temps are better for sure. Then ideally run it thru a bubbler. That document does not claim benzene formation in joints. They mention in particular the hot wire.

lists 4 processes which create benzene. One requires extreme temps. Much higher than what we generate. I suppose all of the salts are unlikely to occur in the 2nd method. That leaves the phenols. Since the last also requires extreme heat. the third requires the presence of zinc.

Also -

But a recent review of studies on the effects of marijuana and tobacco smoke suggests that the cancer-promoting effects of these ingredients is increased by the tobacco in nicotine and reduced by the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in cannabis.
Previous studies have shown that THC can inhibit carcinogens in mice, and the report suggests it may have the same protective effect against the carcinogens found in smoke in humans. But researchers warn that even if THC lessens the effects of these cancer-causing ingredients, cannabis smoke remains carcinogenic.

Edit- All of which is off topic of course sorry op :wink:

Edit2- it occurs to me that the hot wire itself causes the occurance of benzene

2 Likes

no …that is it’s boiling point in your citation and I don’t believe that either

1 Like

That’s OK :slight_smile: you dont have to.

1 Like
Melting point 5.53 °C (41.95 °F; 278.68 K)
Boiling point 80.1 °C (176.2 °F; 353.2 K)
2 Likes

@Who I hope you don’t think I was monkey-splaining how THC interacts with your body to you, since you obviously know a lot about the science of it all, and if I came off that way I apologize. The mysteries of exactly why and how we get high on weed are just beginning to be understood, and it is obviously not all about any single level of any one chemical, but rather that special magical combination of all of the elements that make each strain special and unique, and also how it interacts with each of us personally.

3 Likes

When I said, that’s OK you dont have to, I was not implying you were wrong, I meant I dont really care :wink: Its not going to change my smoking habits.

1 Like

Mine either…but you did pique my curiousity and so I have done some searching. All the references to benzene seem to include concetrates and dabbing. A high temp nail or wire. Sure The cherry is just as hot…but there is no metal and likely no zinc or other catalyst present so I favor the joint over either.

There are of course vape setups that do not have that issue …like the Volcano and my Arizer. They don’t have a hot wire or nail

2 Likes

Probably a vaporizer manufacturers marketing ploy, producing an incorrect guide to flash off temps, to get joint smokers to use vapes and avoiding high temps that can produce harmful side effects.

1 Like

this is probably worthy of it’s own thread, first thing I don’t accept it as a cannabinoid as labeled above or a terpene. It is an unwanted contaminate and I would assert likely not present without a metal catalyst and incomplete combustion.

Benzene is some nasty shit.

Perhaps as tested and they may well have used a zinc coated wire there I could see it happening or some other metal

2 Likes

Mindset definitely has something to do with it, but there have been plenty of days where I really don’t want to work and Durban makes me do it. Wrapping up tools, smoke a Durban cross, work for another damn hour. The first time I smoked Afro Pips Malawi, I planned on smoking a whole bowl to try it out. Every time I took a hit, I worked for 45 minutes. never did finish that bowl that day, lol. Maybe it’s not a terpene, but a cannabinoid that’s responsible for the energy. Or like you said an Entourage effect of terpenes and cannabinoids. I can’t wait until we can breed for energy. Imagine that! Caffeine pills move over!

6 Likes

This study shows that benzene, alkyl benzenes, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are known to form during terpene chemical decomposition caused by heat.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsomega.7b01130

This study also shows that benzene is produced at temperatures above 417C.

I have seen other studies that show that 185 C is a good for dabbing to avoid nasty substances being produced at temperatures higher than 200 C.

If you are using a direct flame, the temperature of a Bic lighter can reach nearly 2000C, so that will obviously produce more benzene as well.

read the second link …it does not refer to smoking only vaping. The first is titled to be in particular reference to dabbing but does actually discuss terpenes and their decomposition.

there is this though

MC (ng/mg terpene) benzene (ng/mg terpene)
“Fire OG” 127 10
limonene 261 63
linalool 103 ND
myrcene 81 60

That is nanograms per mg of terpene that gets incomplete combusted Wonder how many milligrams of terpenes in a 0.6 gram avg doobie?

Assuming 40mg as an average size dab,22each dab contains 2.36 mg of terpenes, which is based on an average concentration of terpenes of 5.9% in BHO (unpublished data). The amount of MC obtained per dab based on these calculations is displayed in Figure 1

dabs

Unlike MC, the toxicology of benzene has been thoroughly evaluated. Although benzene is a ubiquitous pollutant, the concentrations of benzene found in the dabbing terpenes at the highest TR are far greater than those found in ambient air. The average concentration of benzene, a potent carcinogen, in U.S.air, measured over 137 different sites is 0.313 ppb (313 ppt),3,41and is correspondingly the“largest single known cancer-risk airtoxic (sic).”

In addition, the temperature-dependent concentration values were extrapolated from myrcene, which afforded the lowest yield of degradation products of all of the terpenes investigated.

It is also the most common in the plant from all the analysis I have seen of terp profiles and present in the largest quantity.

From what I can tell none of these studies actually used flower

1 Like