The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

And this is her in her new forever home…well unless this auto is not an auto in which case I have no clue where she’ll live but I’ll find a place and will finish the seed making process because auto or not she’s going to be a good size plant. Stem rubs are quite nice.

9 Likes

I think all cannabis likes fluffy and well aerated! Those roots need to breathe! U make a great point about 5 weeks being the root development stage for autos though! I’ve def noticed that’s the most crucial time to not overwater or have ur ph out of wack or u may as well just shit can the grow. Seems after that the plant has taken it’s hold on the soil and spits out any excess water it didn’t want on watering days

4 Likes

Damn they coming in that fast?? I better get shucking and get some over to u so u can pop the original and cross together!

4 Likes

Some of you know I did a seed run the end of 2022 into 2023 with a reversed Cap Junky as the “father” plant. I made a bunch of S1 seeds but what you may not know is that I made a few hybrid crosses as well. One of them that I am excited about is Cap Junky X Lemon Paki. The Lemon Paki is the “child” of Doc Bud of Hi Brix fame. He’s kept it in clone form now for a good number of years. I was fortunate enough to acquire a cut of this plant and pollinated a small clone with the Cap Junky pollen making what I very cleverly called Cap Paki :wink: :rofl: :wink: :rofl: I started growing one of the hybrid seeds out to see what I might have if anything at all. At first she was having a bit of a rough time of it as the conditions weren’t ideal for her. Not enough light and the light was too high above her ( it had to be) so she got a bit stretchy. When I finally had a good spot to move her to I began training her and shaping her and she responded beautifully. This is a photo of the Cap Paki taken this morning. I’m liking the smell of the stem rubs and very happy with her vigor and thickness of the main and lateral branches. We’ll see what she does.

9 Likes

Oh I see how ya are, got ur hidden projects! Haha plant looks awesome, nice thick fingers on the leaves, curious to hear what the terps end up like!

2 Likes

Two other crosses I made with the Cap Junky were with a couple of CSI Humboldt strains.

Cap Junky X Hawaiian Lites Below is why I chose this strain as a parent.

From CSI site:

We present to you Hawaiian Lites. In its brief appearance in the known cannabis world, tons of speculation and intrigue surround this line. What we do know about this line is that it comes directly from the Northern Lites/Lights Crew via Seattle Greg, the same gentleman who supplied Neville with his Northern Lights stock. We were told that it is NL #5/White Widow/Hawaiian Pineapple hybrid. So we bring to you a faithful representation of an open pollination of Hawaiian Lites.

The second hybrid cross I made with the Cap Junky also with a CSI Humboldt strain.

Cap Junky X Big Bad Wolf 2.0…Here is why I chose this strain to use in the cross.

From CSI:

The reverse hybrid of the original Big Bad Wolf (Chemdog D x Chemdog ’91)…this 2.0 version promises to have many extremely potent individuals with strong stanky terp profiles.

I’m finding now that I am enjoying growing Chem strains and will look to add more Chem strains to my photo and auto seed collection.

5 Likes

I have a whole new secret photo seed making project I’m working on right now. BUT when the plants are ready I am planning on journaling it. I have a very very special girl I will be reversing to be the daddy plant in the project.

4 Likes

Oooh I’d be interested in checking out the big bad wolf( I have 3 huskies/wolf hybrids), just grew out a chem91 x acai sherbet on the last grow and that shit is fire, get halfway through a joint and I’m crosseyed forgetting it’s still in my hand as it goes out haha

Might have to see if I still got any leftover beans from it :wink:

4 Likes

What is earth alive activated soil just a live soil amendment? Ya I run wit 30% perlite but I have noticed my autos struggle a bit at first maybe need to add more perlite. Thanks @AzSeaindooin420 for the soil building will read when done with work. I usually buy one bag of ffof and mix it with my 30+ gal of used soil to cut it but add some nutes back in soil also mix in recharge definitly need to find a better solution.

3 Likes

I built a light weight frame with sides and a used piece of window screen on the bottom to sift my perlite to get rid of the dust. Picture panning for gold the same motion. Dust comes out the bottom of the screen.

Another benefit of the perlite is that it holds moisture and the lava rock does not. I agree about the perlite dust choking the roots but once it’s sifted out I believe the perlite is the better choice.

1 Like

I’d be interested in checking out those Chem '91 X Acai Sherbert. Dig through that massive seed stash of yours and see if you can’t find a few.

1 Like

Okay, so here is the plant I will be reversing in my next fem and S1 seed run. She smells even better then she looks and although I’m biased I think she’s a beautiful girl.

6 Likes

Gonna have to correct u there, both are very porous and both do hold moisture, perlite might hold a little better but lava rock does take in the moisture. I wash both and leave em on a screen rack to dry then move to a different location and tarp till ready and the amount of condensate beads on the tarp of lava rock the first time I washed was unexpected but plenty to show the moisture was there and had soaked in

3 Likes

That’s awesome a “pancakes” strain is one of ur fav secret stashes, my pride and joy I’ve ran several times is my white truffles x pancakes, only made about 15 seeds of it that a couple here got the pleasure of getting their hands here but those that did were extremely pleased with the plant as well, gonna have to do a seed run of it eventually cuz it’s def a keeper

3 Likes

Well, that plant was the “Best of Show” from the pack of Jelly Pancakes seeds. The flower is amazing and because I grow in such confined space it’s really hard for me to keep mothers for very long. So for me this plant is Top Tier and I need to keep S1 seeds of her so I can flower out the mom plant. So I can flower out 6 plants at a time and with that being the case whenever I reverse a Top Tier plant for S1 seeds I grow other Top Tier plants as companion plants that I will pollinate with the Jelly Pancakes pollen to make hybrid crosses. It’s nearly time to start the journal as the plants are all about ready to have cuttings taken off them to make clones so I can reveal the lineup for this seed run.

Mother / Father Jello Pancakes from In House Genetics

Pollination Participants:

Platinum City Runtz from RocBudInc
Cap Paki from me
Chem '91 Skunk VA from clone
Cap Junky from clone
Simply Irrestible from Chimera

Searching for Gold grow.

5 Likes

Well then I stand corrected as I was not speaking from first hand knowledge having only used perlite.

1 Like

Damn that’s a dream team line up! If u happen to get any pollen from jelly pancakes that u can send I know me and @bassman5420 will prob have some interest in it, he recently popped more of the wt x p seeds too so he may be ready to pollenate before I can get to mine again

2 Likes

Last two seeds of it :pleading_face::grimacing::thinking:

4 Likes

I sent a buddy on here a few of my Garlic Sherbert seeds. He asked if I had any pictures of the GS flowering and I was surprised that I did as I’ve not grown it in a couple years.

13 Likes

That’s a beautiful lady to pop out a bunch of seeds!

2 Likes