The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

Funny you should mention this. It’s going to be my pollinator for my next auto seed run, if I am successful

There’s another one in the back left :+1:t4:

:v:t4:
Gary

5 Likes

I hate to keep on this but how do you read that bottom pick? I see 45% clear 50% cloudy 5% amber. Is that even remotely close? I don’t know what about this is holding me up. It’s very frustrating.lol. Nice amount of seeds.
@repins12 the bottom of those roots look brown do you just cut that part off?
That is some thick stalks nice!

1 Like

The bottom two pics are different but off the same plant. I like to always look at the top, middle, and bottom of the plant and compare the trichromes. I would say your eye is getting good. Photo on the left the lighter green from halfway down the plant I’m seeing 55% milky 45% clear. On the right probably closer to 70% cloudy 30% clear and that’s from near the top of the plant. Not enough amber to warrant a percentage.

2 Likes

Well keep me in mind Gary if you make some S1 MBAP seeds. I’m going to be doing a Mephisto Sour Livers seed run starting pretty soon. Maybe we do some swapping @repins12

2 Likes

My good friend celebrates his 70th birthday in 6 weeks. His favorite strain that I grow is called Lemon Paki and I just so happen to be harvesting one I grew especially for him for his birthday. Two weeks to dry using the low and slow method in the fridge and then a four week cure. Should be a delicious gift to share with him.

15 Likes

Bro… what a nice way to say, Hey bro, Happy Freaken Birthday. just love when people think of others. you rock. Happy Birthday to your bro, 70. Be sure to bring him a cane with a rear view mirror and curb feelers… hehe

5 Likes

That’s a very well thought and person gift hell of a buddy @LoveDaAutos ! Alright starting to read trics better now if I could hold my hands still enough I might be able to read my own trics.lol

2 Likes

Lord has it been 4 days since my last post! I did just remove some Chem '91 Skunk VA nuggets from the fridge where they’ve been drying for about 12 days. It’s better then it looks.

11 Likes

so how do you dry in the fridge ? and they look fine to me man lol.

3 Likes

Same question :point_up:. Those look fresh cut still held that nice dark green color. I definitely wanted read up on this. Do you have a link or pretty much just use Google machine? Thanks your grows are amazing to watch!:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Look up lotus drying curing method. I just pulled mine and gl have em in grove bags at 62 :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Low and Slow Cannabis drying method

3 Likes

Trimming some Platinum City Runtz. Looks like the quality is there but a smoke report is needed to know for sure.

6 Likes

LDA, I was watching this video on water curing weed in a jar…
WHAT…LOL

2 Likes

I’ve tried the water cure before. The buds tasted like dog hair. It did end up making a nice clean tincture that I made hard candies with. Zero weed flavor in the candies.

3 Likes

Well if I have the time and room in the fridge I will use the low and slow method on “special” strains. If not I’ll strip fan leaves off and hang the whole plant in a dark closet to dry. Thing is the longer the drying takes the less chlorophyl is left in the buds going into the cure. So you taste more terpenes then green plant material and it’s a lot less harsh also. The low and slow generally takes about 14ish days and the buds retain more terpenes in my opinion. @GCBudz has been experimenting with the low and slow maybe he can share his opinion?

2 Likes

I’m a believer. It can be time consuming, wet trim direct to bag and into fridge.

These days, I’ll hang partially dry… maybe 2-3 days (defan and hang each branch) then into bag/fridge. If it’s a really sticky or Greasy strain I’ll allow the smaller sugar leaves to dry on the bud but de-fan entirely. Even the smalls… finish trim dry.

Terpenes (i’m a smoker) and smoothness of the product greatly improved for me.

Fridge is set at 42* and I store my beans/jars in as well.

4 Likes

Ran across a very old grow book I gave to my brother who’s retiring in a few years and wants to join the green thumb ranks… In this article it talked about something that opened my eyes a bit. I used to wet trim it down pretty far to, of course, dry more thoroughly… It talked about only removing the large fan leaf’s and leaving all the leaf close to the buds. Says they wrap around the bud and thus protect the trichomes, lock in terps better walla… better smoke overall…
I tried it and they sold me on trimming… plus, unless your selling it, the smaller leaf is just covered in trichomes… so why trim it all off…

Love what your discussing here bro… water cure, dog hair… yuck

4 Likes

Yeah, I feel the same.
And also that small sugar leaves protect the trichomes when in jars. The only problem that I see is in very humid places, that with the sugar leaves protecting bud also retains more humidity.
Where I am, in summer the lowest rh I’m having this season is 50% and normally 60-85% (summer!). So I have a fan at them and besides that they hang 7-15 days before I can trim and put in jars for cure.
If I leave fan leaves when hanged then it last forever to dry (well, my patience was not that great)

My buddy who is growing two Cap Junky (on left) and two Big Bad Wolf 2.0 x Cap Junky (on right) sent me a video today of the girls.
https://imgur.com/a/TsiRxEp

5 Likes