The quest for unicorn gold!

Oh, ok yes. It is.

2 Likes

I bet.
From dry, your yield would definitely be at least 10 or 11 percent after accounting for initial water weight.

2 Likes

Yah, I can’t remember how much weight it loses after it dries, but it was like 90%. I tested that a long ass time ago! Then I realized when someone says dry buds yield more hash it was just a math trick, and not real.

4 Likes

At 90 percent your yields are like 13-15%!
Am I surprised?
Not in the least: it’s @JoeCrowe 's unicorn show!

4 Likes

When I did the big bud one and weighed the dried material afterwards it was 25% yield from dried buds. Probably did that 2 years ago!

1 Like

I think I nailed it. Probably about 6 grams? We’ll see in 30min when it’s dry.

10 Likes

lol, the other day I was staring at photos of the buds on the OGK and I was like
brain: Fuck you… you don’t know what you’re doing. Going to predict the yield, that’s poppycock!
me: Shut up, you. I’ll pull this one off and show your ass how it’s done.

Looking like a little universe in there :clap:

2 Likes

My understanding is that to make diamonds (even just sugar) you’re going to need alot of terps, there’s that chart out there that shows the thc-a saturation curve in butane how it relates with temperature and pressure. There’s no such thing for rosin, terps being the solvent from which rosin precipitates crystals

Insanely mad props, as always :clap:

The terps don’t lie

2 Likes

You guys seen those blue diamonds from Oklahoma? Gimme that fresh squish instead, I want to taste life.

They say maybe there’s a terpene co-crystalization that throws a blue refraction. Everyone is out for harvesting the blood of the unicorn! Not tending to the unicorn

You have an awesome approach

3 Likes

Just magnificent, even wet and raw

3 Likes

The lower right stuff is dried already. Just waiting for the larger blobs!

5 Likes

Yah, they seem to vary in consistency. I wonder if the quick drying is preventing the growth of crystals in the rosin phase. Not enough data to determine either way…yet. Next phase is get ripped! Dabs! I’ll see how it tastes. It smells…fucking bizarre! Like chicory root?

6 Likes

OMG!
Jus Sayin!

New Horizons, Keep up the good work @JoeCrowe!
-Grouchy

1 Like

Oh I forgot all the nuts photos!

After It’s dry. Still not dry enough though! There is like a tiny ass bit of moisture still! Still!!!

Rosin, and rosin in my brain. It tastes like rhubarb.

12 Likes

ok so there was actually 8.5 grams of hash. Minus a bit for the extra bit of moisture! 8 grams? Far beyond my estimate of 6-7. Err… well, not really. Fun times!

2 Likes

OGK was a decent yield of hash, and the flavor is pretty nice too. Probably the equivalent of the meat breath in terms of the grams per kilo output.

1 Like

Bad idea…

…don’t eat your brain…
:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

The sour hit at the end is nice!

5 Likes

ahhhh there we go. The unicorn has finally come to life! Looks like the contest and the music festival are separate now. I don’t know for sure, but I would suspect that the lawyers advised to keep them apart in case someone sends a cease and desist to the contest.

3 Likes