The quest for unicorn gold!

I assume you’ll be there in person and I hope you will bring us along when the time comes.

I’m really curious about how this level of CannaContest goes.

Of course I expect you to walk home with the Gold @JoeCrowe, but it would be Rad if you’d snap a few pics and vibes to let us share it.

@TeamJoeCrowe. :+1: :pray: :+1:

7 Likes

I’ll pipe up once the contest is actually announced…still waiting, but that’s nothing new. Probably be next month.
DSC08562
Something is happening to this batch. Looks like it’s crystallizing?

5 Likes

This batch must have crystallized already. Looks like it.

7 Likes

OGK rosin! I’m hard at work dabbing it all. I mean…uhhh…ahem.

5 Likes

Very interesting! The hash has indeed crystallized. It’s really tough and brittle, almost like glass! Yet, if you break off a chunk and press slowly with your finger it melts. Under the microscope, it looks no different.

4 Likes

Here it is melted by the heat from my finger. Know what I realized? Human fingers are fucking gross. Look at all that shit.

6 Likes

Are those tiny crystals popping out of trichome heads? Wtf man. Wtf

1 Like

hah hah yah, not really sure how to interpret those images yet. We’ll see, over time, what’s going on, I think. Hash that I crushed with my finger might look like the whipped stuff. hmmm better get some scrapings under the scope to see.

2 Likes

wtf! I opened the leftovers from the whipped hash and it’s turned white. It’s not clear anymore like it used to be.

9 Likes

Damn I missed a lot you’re really getting into it now brother I hope all is well

1 Like

Things are progressing for sure! I was practicing some rosin making speed runs, but I’m not 100% that the quality is the same. Even though the contest hasn’t been announced yet, the personal grow is underway!

2 Likes

Hell yeah I’d say notice you’ve been whipping up some nice stuff and quite often practice makes perfect they say LOL

Those photos are fantastic, never before seen views, uncharted territory!

Unabashed FanBoy here, but you are the right guy with the right gear and the right skills!

Jus Sayin,
-Grouchy
PS, if you setup for maximum optical resolution can you detect any crystalline structure in that glassy phase?

6 Likes

I’ll do a better viewing in a bit, I’ve got myself some new…rubies. Yah those aren’t glass anymore. Glass is far too delicate! So I’ve gone next level with some quartz and ruby.

Ruby pictured, but I also have 2 different kinds of quartz as well.

4 Likes

How useful do you find the quartz balls?
I kept looking at them trying to decide if they were functional or a gimmick…

Cheers
G

1 Like

Quartz is way stronger than glass when it comes to thermal cycling. Ruby is even stronger! I have pulsar quartz and regular quartz balls now to try. The quartz is definitely functional, the ball whizzes around like a MOFO.

1 Like

Here’s the whole getup with the quartz pearl. I have noticed the quartz is so much lighter than glass, it’s almost like it weighs nothing at all.

6 Likes

I really like the OGK rosin! I think the flavor is better than the meat breath.

2 Likes

Wanna try some herkimer diamonds !? I have some small ones Lol
That looks like a beautiful piece !

1 Like

heh heh I’ve got one, but I don’t think it would roll around very good in the slurper!

5 Likes