The quest for unicorn gold!

Well it raises the melt temperature and also boils off a few terps. Comes out pretty good though! I wouldn’t want to run it in any competitions. I did it mainly because I want to smoke that hash now. Also it was made from some PCK so it would be very gooey.
The real strange part is when I left it in there for hours while I fell asleep it turned into that goo, and once it was goo it never solidified again. Reminds me of rosin.

4 Likes

Sounds similar in consistency as the piatella I keep seeing on IG.

2 Likes

Could be, they never say anything about how they make it. I think it might just be a sales campaign where they tell you it’s soooooooper duuuuper and nothing else.

1 Like

At the end of the linked article they basically say it’s six star bubble, vacuum sealed and cold cured.

1 Like

Yah but that process makes no sense.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading your thread and recently made some hash. Oh boy. I took fresh lowers from Devils Pie, GMO and Puffo Gelato plants and froze them and made a huge batch of bubble hash. I’ve never made it from fresh frozen fresh cut buds before. It’s better than titties. It’s super crisp, a hundred different flavor notes, better than the best hash I’ve ever had. So worth it for me. Although it was weird to freeze all that fresh chopped bud then throw it in ice water. Thanks for the inspiration to quality over quantity.

3 Likes

The piatella sounds like what you were doing with freeze drying then refrigerating for a month in a sealed container.

2 Likes

Truth! Quality is tops and tits :).

Actually… Here’s what I really think they are doing. Freeze dry then hard vacuum it and place it in the fridge for 30 days.

3 Likes

Peerrrrhaps you should give it a try and find out! I can’t wait until I have more hashing material. I liked the Chocolatina hash that I had refrigerated. I think that process and then back into the freezer might be the ticket this fall.

2 Likes

Freeze dry the hash then get out the food saver and seal the hash in there put it in the fridge. That’s how to do it. They aren’t specific, but I’m willing to place money on it.

2 Likes

Fuck me that’s a 100$ for a cheap one.

2 Likes

I’ll try it out soon, but I have to pick up a food saver. I’ll hunt around perhaps I can even borrow someone’s just to test it out.

1 Like

Yeah the name brand is pricey I was just looking at them a couple weeks ago. Amazon had some cheap units with decent reviews I was eyeing

1 Like

The neighbor stopped on the road when I was walking the dog. Said to me he saw me win 3 first place victories for hash making. Had to learn at least one secret. So I said 1 use fresh green buds and 2 dry the hash in the freezer. Those two things are definitely the secret to next level hash.

2 Likes

Git out the bag

snag some buds!

Get rid of the fan leaves!

Bust it down into nugs.

Do that a bunch of times! Fill a sack! and into the Freezer! Fresh is best!

6 Likes

Also, smoke that sweet sweet hash medley from cleaning the bags! The powder sticks together once you press the dab tool on it.

5 Likes

Today the plants are scheduled to come down. I sure hope the ferrets make it out here! I’ll be making the hash while they cut more down. Fingers crossed :wink:

2 Likes

Going to do a late night hash run! It’s about 24 hours later and all the buds seem to be solid frozen. I’m charging up the mp3 player and filling the bucket up soon! I’ll try to run a kilo at a time. Not sure I’ll make my 120 grams of hash because some of the buds are hanging, but we’ll see what happens!

3 Likes

Looks like what I did today .while I was trimming .I was reminiscing about the conversation we had a couple days ago about taking off fan leafs …more green in the hash…also
I was also thinking maybe the leafs wrap around the buds preventing some trichones from getting knocked off … the fan leafs wrap around the dang cake mixer way to much and in return makes a mess :sweat_smile:…to much ice such a thing? ? …how do you chop it up into small bits …always a sticky mess !?
Where did you get the pck
?Pakistani critical kush ?
I know the Big bud is something special
What happen to the meat breath ? Or whatever it was
I’m asking way to many questions …but you sir are my hash idol

3 Likes

Yeah that’s why I’m here too

3 Likes