The quest for unicorn gold!

wow these are some really beautiful photos, would make some really cool prints! This has me looking over at my Epson eco tank scratching my chin…

1 Like

Do it! Nothing holding you back. I created these images myself so you’re not ripping anyone off.

1 Like

Are these photos the highest resolution you have? I will see what I can make with the small photo paper I have, if the results are good I could send some over :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have some that are the original TIFF format, but they are huuuge! The microscope camera just takes 'em in 3584x2746. If you want to send me a print of one of those rosin photos, I’d be showing it off up at the unicorn. Strange thing is most legal producers haven’t even seen thc crystals in rosin. When I made that batch, the guy told me he thought it was trichome stalks. I told him nothing makes a perfectly straight line like that except a crystal of some sort. Oh my!

2 Likes

If it’s ok I’d like the TIFF! Just to see if I could make a larger print perhaps! I’ll message you my email. That’s really interesting, no wonder I found the images so striking!

1 Like

All Printed and looking beautiful! I went ahead and laminated two of the smaller ones in case you wanted to carry them around without damage. Thanks for letting me print your photos. Go ahead and message me ur shipping deets when ur ready!

12 Likes

Holy shit, those are works of art! I’m very impressed.

5 Likes

They really are! That’s why I wanted to print them, Enjoy ✧˖°.

6 Likes

A few OGK dabs waiting on the table :smiley:

5 Likes

The hash with flavor seems better than the flavorless hash. Seems to have more of an effect on my mind! Time to ponder. You think the high thc things seem to have less of an effect just because the ratio of thc to terpenes? Annnd is that effect just psychogenic?

2 Likes

Oh! It’s rosin time. 30 days has expired, so now I can take it out and whip it. You have to let it get to room temps before cracking the seal, or else it’ll absorb condensation. That’s what I did 2 years ago hah hah! took extra time to crystallize.

3 Likes

mmmm I’d say there was some crystallization happening in the fridge. These were both slow-nucleation batches, that went extra slow due to cold. When I opened the lid, the top layer was hard as glass.

4 Likes

In your experience, what strains have the biggest heads? Was listening to a breeder steve podcast where he said the shishkaberry 160 bags were giving these amazingly melty, greasy returns because of its huge heads and it got me thinking if the older strains had less shine because of shorter stalks but had bigger heads

2 Likes

Ahh yes, the heads. I’ll go and dive into that breach! I did a run where the trichomes achieved 180 microns/micrometers in diameter. I would have had yields in the 160 bags, definitely. BUT!!! Using my super duper current knowledge of the scene, I’ll lay this bomb. Those trichomes in the 160 bag are the ones harvested from the vein of the calyx. I’ve grown plants that were gooey, but this one with record caps was a granular plant, with incredible nucleation speed and almost no terpenes. So, I would say that it’s more of a plant DNA thing resulting in a gooey chemical mix instead of a “trichome type” that can be harvested from the same plant. Make any sense?

5 Likes

hah hah my brain says there’s data inside the photo of the crystallized rosin. My brain says that the number of crystals that form in the rosin correspond to the THC concentration on the curve. Some kind of association.

2 Likes

Annd there it is!

6 Likes

Probably the wrong place for this but…

…there could be gold at the end of that rainbow though

4 Likes

Unfortunately the rosin is definitely the product of two rosins that didn’t have much flavor. I’m doing dabs with a hit of OGK on top for flavor!

3 Likes

It only looks like a puddle!

11 Likes

That 90u

6 Likes