The quest for unicorn gold!

reminds me, that video was an entire hour of time lapse in 2 min. It’s easy to lose sight of how long a time frame we’re actually viewing there.

2 Likes

Fascinating! There is absolutely no additional crystallization.

This was the pile of water bubbles in the rosin. 99% evaporated now, but no crystals to be seen!

3 Likes

hah hah hopefully today I can get my video editing on and dump some thelma frames. I’ll have to get super ripped before I expose myself to that!

2 Likes

hmmm you know, I think I located the crystals. Meat breath is strange shit. How come there is a total lack of crystals in the rosin? These little crystal babies were trapped in the crevices of the parchment where the rosin bag was. Some minor crystal clusters that formed over night. Perhaps this is where the rosins fail to score higher than the hash? I’ll keep waiting for nucleation! If the crystals form, are they going to be larger than life?

7 Likes

Hah hah frame dumps are going perfectly. The actual movie itself is… uhh lame? I just need two perfect frames.

2 Likes

Time for some hilarious compositing.

1 Like

Holy shit, I think I outdid myself this time.

hah hah that’s fucking funny as hell!

6 Likes

These up close shots are stunning.

2 Likes

Thanks for the props! I had no idea what a THCa crystal looked like until just a year or two ago. That’s probably 1000x magnification depending on the DPI of your computers monitor.

2 Likes

I’m on mobile, it just looks like ice or sugar or something up close. It’s wicked

2 Likes

Oh my, I think I got wasted on edibles. Been scarfing more and more until I’ve got to be over 100mg and probably closer to 200. The limit is 300, or else I get kind of tired in the morning!

3 Likes

There’s my snacky cake. Despite what it looks like, it’s a huge ass candy bar that’s soooooo fucking hard I could knock someone out. You can break off little chunks and eat them. It’s just classic boiled sugar, cream and butter. I only boiled it at 250F, so it’s not like super hard. I didn’t add flavor, so it’s just sugar weed :smiley: so you know what you’re eating. That chunk is probably 1000mg.

9 Likes

well, I don’t think it’s going to crystallize. Very interesting!! The crystals form right away, but there aren’t many of them. So we’re still at two different types. Insta-crash and 24 hour nucleation.

3 Likes

Carelessly stored hash! Still looking pretty good. And the THCa crystals. They seem really stable at room temps. So, I’m forming a hypothesis!

9 Likes

Oh yah, saw this bird nest in the woods! Crazy nest is just in the dirt under some bushes.

4 Likes

Tomorrow I’m probably going to make the final hash batch. It’ll be made from GOG, the hash yielding one I kept. Can’t wait for the hybridization project, that’ll be something. Hopefully I’ll produce a raft of hash making plants.

4 Likes

We could sail the seven seas high as a kite! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That first pic is making my mouth water :sweat_drops: :joy:

3 Likes

That’s the prize winning granular hash made from big buds. I tossed it into a calyx container and then left it on the shelf. It’s been there for almost a year! I keep taking photos, so I can see how it changes over the months. Really curious about shelf life on the hash. My thinking is the thc doesn’t degrade very fast if it’s just crystals. I think it degrades faster when mixed with terpenes!

2 Likes

I was like hey… what’s in that jar? Science! Here’s the thing. I took the leftovers of that super crystallized batch and left it just sitting there. It changed like the big bud hash I whipped, and turned into what you see here. Some powdery dabs! Chalky dabs? Hard to describe the texture.

9 Likes