The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

I dunno, but if they figure out how, just do the opposite. :partying_face:

11 Likes

Oh it’s out there somewhere.
Can’t get rid of a keeper. :wink:

1 Like

Loved the Christmas budz! and unlike everything else coming across it was never bricked. 10x better than normal “Merch” and barely more expensive.

3 Likes

Springfield? My dad lives there, I’m from less than an hour away bit south of Chambana.

Penny Lane is rad. HORSESHOE SANDWICHES.

1 Like

It was probably (somewhat) local outdoor that a smart grower saved until the Christmas rush. I remember it always being harder to get weed around Christmas for some reason lol

I knew a dude back in the day who grew a really piney killer strain way up in northern ontario. He harvested pounds and pounds and would usually hold onto most of it until the holidays. Garbage bags full of super piney bright green buds! He would never tell me what the strain was.

6 Likes

That shit must if made it all the way down here …cause that’s what was around here …to a t…we called it Christmas tree. Or kB…for kind

3 Likes

321 MBT

9 Likes

I’ll need some time to read that paper fully. It’s a little dry but interesting. How did you find it, lol.

Whether related or not, Roots Organics has added a good amount sulphur in their new “terp teas”. I’m just barely getting started using it but I’ve heard good reviews. One thing I’m noticing is the buds have more of an oily slick feel than real sticky.

We’ll see how this batch of plants come out. I’ve used the Terp Teas much more on these.

I know that Roots had no sulfur in their products until recently. I wonder if it’s somehow related to new studies? I’ll try and read that research paper a little closer later when I’m not so busy.

Thanks for sharing! Peace

2 Likes

You have to remember Sam had access to all those cartel grows too.He had access to massive fields for doing huge sifts at once enough to make jodrey cream his pants.He had access to shit from around the world.

Great post!
Well that paper really ‘nails it’ down.

It is interesting that they found VSC3 peaks during flower then starts to decrease. I noticed something similar with Pineapple Chunk, by harvest the skunk smell wasn’t really noticeable & was gone after curing.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Nope. Bullshit. Weed smells like terpenes… This is accepted truth.

Garlic gets its flavor from garlanene and lemons get their flavors from lemonene. And weed even has hashanene! Terps, yo!

My entire house smells like cat shit for about 3 weeks. Then it smells like tuna helper. Then eventually cedar candy.

Terps are crazy!

3 Likes

No offense but it’s terpenes that give weed it’s subtle differences in smells, but those don’t account for the overwhelming skunky smell of all weed. Yes I know to you and me there isn’t so much a skunk smell to most weed but that’s cause after years we’ve gone “nose blind” to it.

I have a family full of people that don’t smoke and when they walk into my house they don’t say anything about a berry or citrus or pine smell, it’s always “it smells like a skunk sprayed your A/C unit”

9 Likes

I mean all I know is I was smoking all types of killer bud back in early 90s. And the 1 time I got to try skunk it was so strong I didn’t want to be around people. . Loved it!!! So intense! The smell was exactly like a skunk was hit on the road. I took it to school the next day… 1 bud the size of a quarter… wrapped in toilet paper… and sealed in a cellophane… and it still almost got me busted… Saying all weed is skunky smelling or that we have become nose blind is craziness… everyone knows who knows… if you had skunk… you knew it and so did everyone else… it’s a huge difference… and whoever the weirdos are who wanted the smell to be weened out… are complete dolts tbh… I was proud of that nugget I had… it was some of the very best bud I ever smoked… That shit was undeniably SKUNK!!! I’d love to find something similar someday… hopefully we can bring it out of the crevices of time again and revive that wonderful classic strain!!!

6 Likes

Well said my brother…How would you have liked to have a barn full of “Skunk?”

2 Likes

I figured it out! :rofl:

Are skunk populations declining?

Spotted skunks have been in decline across their entire range for the past century. A study done by Gompper and Hackett in 2005 found that harvest records from the 1980s showed the eastern spotted skunk had declined to less than 1% of what their population had been at the start of the 1900s.Oct. 24, 2020

no wonder u guys can’t find the skunk it’s nearly extinct

7 Likes

Wow you hit it right on when you said smack you in the temple.
You are the only person that describe the smack the bud does to a person. It’s frightening because It can literally knock a person off their feet.
And the kushy Afghani taste is to die for.
I have smoked plenty of the Arkansas skunk. It is very sour. Loud af and burns your nostrils. The taste is very horrible. Maybe the taste has more to do with the home grown aspect of it. I don’t know. It had a nice mellow high to it. I have had better for sure. But once again that may have been because of lack of cure.
But i tell you what. The people smoke that shit like crazy. You can’t go anywhere without smelling it. On the weekends, Large groups would be outside smoking. I would roll my windows up to drive through be cause of the sour smell.
The bud isn’t seen any more since legal bud came about. I recently got my hands on a few seeds that’s supposed to be it. I’ll give them a grow this spring to find out.

6 Likes

That’s weird. Sometimes when dosing edibles; vaping and bong hits. both my ears will pop at the same time!! Anyone else had this happen?

Maruf afghani black and green males x Maui skunk dawg! Serious stank will come out of these.

33 Likes

Nice looking seeds. Plant those babies.

3 Likes