The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

It’s out there ain’t attempted to sell any of her and probably wont.
I’m just watching the cash flow to all that claim to have it.

It’s actually pretty funny

9 Likes

Its crazy I know. I won’t pay the tricksters.
I got some Afghani that will get me by for now.

2 Likes

I am sure what you got is very prized.
Pass that on in the will. :grinning:

1 Like

If it’s out there and folks are not releasing it I hope for the future of cannabis they don’t loose it.
There was more than one rks for sure. We had some out of Estes park Colorado back in 82-84 that was a read bud skunk. Huge rock hard stinky sticky buds full on sk but with some serious spice in there as well. Humboldt rks was almost a neon green color super frosty and a stank that no other has had since. Super expansive as I stated in my last post. We’re some Mexican skunks that were phenomenal as well super stank soaring high that brought fits of laughter. Saw more than one person puke after the first hit… people now days really have little to compare it to. If it’s out there release it so it can be preserved. Most of today’s cultivars are strong and high in thc but lack legs to the high. Lasting an hour at most. As far as flavor goes there are some nice flavors out there, however most have lots of common characteristics and lack character overall. Bringing heirloom, landrace(those left) and some of these newer cultivars together opens up genetic lines that will lead us into the future. Release that killer oldschool folks for the betterment of the genetic pool!

8 Likes

I grew up in the late 70’s thru the 80’s near Chicago. In the late 70;s early 80’s we were getting a lot of Mexican strains, and then Thai came thru and we loved it. Shortly after we hooked up with an ex-vietnam vet who was supplying the good Thai to our area. Told us he was taking off for a month or two but said he was bringing back some of the best weed we ever had. This was '81 or '82. The guy came back and we could smell something shitty coming from his car before he even parked it. That was our first encounter with Skunk. He told us it was a Thai Haze that was bred with something else. He wasn’t sure. By the time '86 rolled around you couldn’t find anything in our area thanks to the war on drugs. Half the plugs went to jail and the others disappeared, not to mention the price hike on weed doubled or tripled on what you could find and most wasn’t even worth it at the old prices. It wasn’t until 2012 when I got a new hook up that I encountered that same smell. The deal was done in a Chicago alley and the only thing spoken was, you the cash? Yep, and that was it. I didn’t get 2 feet down the alley and the shit reeked bad. It was double bagged. I put it in another plastic bag and then in a thermal lunch box in the trunk, and damn that shit stunk still. I was freaking out driving home. Had I got pulled over Id have zero chance of not getting arrested. So the story is, it is still out there. I never was able to get ahold of that dude ever again.

7 Likes

If someone was holding it they woulda proved it by now.

8 Likes

I just gotta believe its out there.
Someone has beans, even if they are 25 years old.

2 Likes

Back then you almost always got a few seeds in your bag. rare if you didn’t. We would just throw those seeds away without care. :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

We used to ‘hot knife’ the seeds when we hit the bottom of the bag…
LOL, what idiots we were :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

11 Likes

Thats fucken gross. :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Yep, nothing in a seed worth smoking. Eatting yea but for nutrients

5 Likes

These discussions will still be going 10,20,50 yrs from now.
Ya know, just like someone probably said 10,20 yrs ago now.

Have fun on the wild good chase. Some folks have wasted 20 yrs and endless time and money searching for unicorns

7 Likes

I’m more or less looking for what fits my likes of what I remember oldschool stuff use yo be like…now finding The one…well I’ve said it before hippy slayer does it for me…not rks but shit close enough. P.s I’ll dm you a little later something to add to your sk91 pop

5 Likes

I remeber the weed that we were getting around Eastern Columbus OH farm area like Marysville in 2003 or 4 it smelled like a cat litter box so strong and the smoke was so thick and delicious as well as so unique the smell of the smoke. Was not as strong as G13 I had but it was dam strong and stunk so bad like cat shit. Yes it was real and I was lucky enough to have a rich friend who got that shit daily. Miss those days I moved away.

4 Likes

I have East Ohio Cat Piss going down in the Hunt…
:metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

the guy got it all the time it was always there for him it was real expensive and i remember it was a golden brownish green color smelled exactly like cat piss and so loud wow , hope u can find it was a real gem. For years before I got online and seen "cat piss " I just called it “that catshit weed!” I would always remind my friends they knew too it was very powerful stinky lovely smoke the best I ever had by far for taste

4 Likes

Skunk 96 ? Is that FDA’s??

1 Like

I’ll be logging the “2021 Skunkstravaganza” in my Journal here. Welcome to the Jungle

4 Likes

Saw this link pop up on icmag. Thought it was relevant:

American researchers say they have determined what gives cannabis its skunky smell. Scientists from Indiana-based Byers Scientific and Iowa State University say the compound 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol (“321 MBT”) is the main source of the odor, and not cannabis plant terpenes, which have generally been considered to cause the smell. The research team used analytical chemistry, leaf enclosure study and field observation to isolate and identify the aroma’s source. 321 MBT is the same chemical that causes the skunky-like aroma in spoiled beer, the scientists said. Hops, the main ingredient in beer, is also of the Cannabaceae plant family. The research is part of efforts to devise ways to eliminate the smell.

15 Likes

Interesting…THANKS Why is everyone trying to eliminate the skunk smell ???

5 Likes