This Page is Corrupt!

How would one go about creating more bush?

1 Like

You can top the plants, repeated until you have the desired number of bud sites.

Also a 600w HPS will cover about a 5’x5’ grow area. You may do better with converting your room into 2 smaller chambers. That way you can also implement a continuous grow design.

veg/flower at the same time.

1 Like

Gotcha. Yeah i topped these plants once already. I have a seperate room already for veg. I want to get sufficient lighting to fill this whole room. Probably along to lines of LED. Any suggestions?

This question is open to anyone. Best options for and 8x9 flower room?

2 600w HPS? 4-6 medium-big plants?

Not many folks seem to use side-lighting… but I’m starting to wonder… for micro-purposes… :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Hmm sounds interesting. Im pretty interested in the sol strips. Possibly running 2 large rigs potentially

1 Like

What is the height of the room?

Given the the space you are able to work with. I would seriously consider researching vertical growing.

A lot of people say that this is the best way to get better than 1.5 GPW.

So instead of having the HPS bulb in a hood, you have it hanging free like an incandescent bulb. Giving off light in nearly 360 degrees.

Otherwise, Yes I would say 2 600w hood systems. You could get a nice fan to connect them and blow out the heat. You would be able to easily grow 4-6 per hood.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Yeah ive been contemplating lately about getting another 600 watt hps. My only real concern is the amount of electricity that is availible to me. Probably would have to run an extension cord to another outlet in the house. Verticle does sound pretty interesting too. Thanks again I’ve got some research to do.

Gotta little update. Plants are slowly moving along in flower. I don’t think the water only mix is providing enough food for these plants right now. I think i will have to do a little supplemental feeding also.

4 Likes

Looking good sir. I’ve read and followed a few journals on another forum using vertical/ colosseum growing and have seen some banger results. I don’t have a room to dedicate, but if I did, I would take a serious look into vert. As for the mean time, keep on keeping on!

2 Likes

I think the best thing to do from this grow, is learn what worked and what didn’t.

With the current size of those plants, you’re likely not going to be getting the highest yield that your lights could get you.

But that’s okay. Just learn from this grow. And getting to harvest is a success!

For the next round you might want to work on vegging longer, doing more training and really filling out the grow space.

Your plants are looking great and pretty healthy. It’s always awesome to see the plants when they really come into the flowering stage.

2 Likes

Yup thats what ive been telling myself. Especially looking at it from a hobbyist point of view. Itd be different if this was my career. But it isnt. As far as veg goes i do think i need to be more aggressive with training and feeding. Yeah the 3 gallons arent the biggest pots but the plants are also pretty stunted due to the soil mix. I did end up buying another 600 watt hps yesterday so that’ll be sweet for the room. Thanks for the advice too.

1 Like

That’s a lot of light! I would say 3-10 gallon pots are the ideal size for most indoor grows. Keep up on posting photos of the grow room and plants.

Little update action for you guys. Plants looking ok after some fish ferilizer and a top dressing of 3-2-2 vegan mix from down to earth. The girl scout cookies seem to be doing a little bit better than the strawberry daiquiri. I took these pictures on the 30th. Starting to see more frost by the day.

Girl scouts

Strawberry Daiquiri

4 Likes

Went to my local grow store last night to pick up some stick traps for the gnats and ended up leaving with an awesome sample pack from Nectar for the Gods. This will be perfect for my next run of plants. It will be cool to be doing some side by side comparisons. Ill get some plants pictures later on when the lights come on. I really like ordering stuff from the internet but sometimes it really pays off to visit brick and mortar stores. Thanks Nectar for the Gods and Horizen Hydroponics

6 Likes

Wow, eight bottles huh? How big are they 8 oz?

3 Likes

No man there at least 20 oz bottles. Pretty crazy for a sample kit.

7 Likes

Very interesting…looks like they have there line setup similar to GH flora line.

Cool thing is you can try them for free if you pay the shipping…

We would love for you to try out the Nectar For The Gods line. All we ask is for is help with the shipping cost and we can get a case out to you. All you have to do is respond to the questions below as well as respond with a shipping address and we will run a freight quote for you. The questions help us to understand what type of gardeners we attract the most and it helps us design new products for the future. Many of our products are designed around customer feedback and issues they see the most often.

Here is the form for the samples

8 Likes

How is it growing everyone? Been a minute since my last update but things are looking decent. I had a revelation while watering last night. That revelation being that my plants soil is not getting proper saturated during my waterings. The soil has a pretty hard crust on top so most of the water just goes to the edges and rolls off. The plant that is the biggest and best looking has drip pan that is just as big as the pot thus wicking up all the excess evenly. The other have a bigger drip pan than the pot itself. Lessons that needed to be learned i guess.

Girl Scout Cookies

Strawberry Daiquiri

Cindy 99 x Thai Flyer from @Cobra50. Put in flower a few days ago

7 Likes

yo, till, not no till. :thumbsup: scrape the surface & mix @ each watering until it goes away, try splitting the watering, i.e., give it half & then come back in a couple of hours & give it the rest. as a remedy, try a little mulch with some oatmeal or barley, even aquarium gravel…

:four_leaf_clover:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes