TIL - Today I Learned

Did all of my seed starts this way last March/April 12 Cannabis seeds , close to dozen veggies and flowers and close to 40-50 tomato all crammed into 2 standard seeding trays!

3 Likes

TIL, That regardless of how many friends you’ve buried, it doesn’t ever get any easier.

8 Likes

I typically make some kind of stupid/witty comment here on OG but I gotta reel myself in occaisonally, as in this case.

Sorry to hear & hope for you. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

What @cannabissequoia said. Much love and sympathy brother.
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

TIL - Crows Catch and Eat Teddy Bears.

5 Likes

TIL

5 Likes

13 Likes

Today I learned- my dog may have a blundtstone problem, just like the owners…

1 Like

@oleskool830 :thinking: :smoking:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Related story, funny yet true.
When i was about 6, the old boy took my sister and i out the side of the shed to do a rooster for dinner.
I’d say he geed it up though, because when he headed it, he “passed” it to the sister who was about 4(?), who shat and missed it of course.
Anyway that rooster, I swear to this day, it’s first cartwheel was 12ft high. I can kinda remember seeing Dad looking up at it out the corner of my eye. Rooster nearly made the first paddocks fence with that first jump. He was over on the second, then took maybe 3 (it was awhile ago, and i was a kid still ) to get into the scrub at the boundary. That was 100metres in the time it took for the old man to put the axe in the block and start heading after it.
We never did have meat that night lol

5 Likes

Great account of this weird freaky story. Moral of the story…Never Kill a chicken till you’ve looked him in the eye.

4 Likes

TIL that a PH buffer does not make the PH trend towards a set value, but instead the buffer resists change with the most resistance to change being at the buffer value.

4 Likes

TIL chickens can do cartwheels

3 Likes

TIL: from a book in reading : One Magic Square" by Lolo Houbein states that human urine has auxin ( a growth hormone) in it!

1 pint of pee per gallon of water … water in!

Might try try that today but need to take my multi-vitamins first!

2 Likes

Today i learned the original name for North America was Turtle Island.

Way better than the new names. :thumbsup:

1 Like

yeah, Cuff and Link, the original odd couple.

regards,

mike28086

Today while renewing the batteries in my E.C wand I found out from the guy at the battery store that inside one 476A (4LR44) for $7.50 there are 4 x A76 (LR44) $6.50 each batteries.

I didn’t keep the battery case to show but just rip the metal outside bit off and there they are.

Stoked.

8 Likes

There were lots of people on the original OG that used pee for veg nutes or as a supplement. There was one dude who ran hydro and said he would just wizz in his res every few days and his plants loved it lol

2 Likes

I think I remember the big old square flashlight batteries being full of individual batteries, either AA or AAA. This thread is sweet :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Might be able to earn a quid from that. At the least you can save a few.

3 Likes