TIL - Today I Learned

Dude, we’re clearly on the same side of the fence here. Lol. :grin:
The reason you’re producing those “Holy $#&+!” Quality buds is the spectrum. It’s not just THC, though, the improved spectrum produces different terpenes and in different quantities than a generic street-light HPS.

But how?..

2 Likes

That is where we will differ. I am currently approaching 5 grams per watt with my current setup, and I am talking all strains in the high 20% so not anything close to swag.

{Please note I am not going to go in to any details at this time on my exact method as I am in talks with a few commercial companies, and still looking at a few others I may join in the future} I do have a few secrets I have to keep at this time, but there are maybe 5 to 7 members of my site here that are watching me do my thing who can back me here. Our site has fight club rules, and they have all been asked to keep it that way until I decide if I am coming out of retirement to be a master grower again.

Random made up number ahead.

If you are producing 1 gram at lets say 1 dollar per watt, and I am doing it at 20 cents on the dollar, “Commercially speaking” it is a no brainer cost wise. As for the quality, that’s a totally different debate and not one I ever go towards now a days. There are now plenty of scientific studies that have been done by now and I find most would rather stick their head in a hole and not pay attention. The market plays towards all of their “science” with pretty labels and fancy names but it’s just that. A bunch of damn marketing hype.

I was getting 1.7 GPW back in 2010 when no one was doing it with my own LED lights. I changed the way I did my lights, and proved a theory that I will admit was super lucky but is what it is. I do have some past experience with growing salt water corals as well so I just threw some of my logic at it and boom.

I have not personally, but I have a site of about [Hell I need to look, lol] 30 testers and have watched a few do really well, but I am still producing twice their numbers, and in some cases four times the HPS guys even using the best Gavitas out there. It’s just a moot point for me, and I wouldn’t knock anyone for going that direction. Cost wise, they are just a lot more money to run, and we are not even factoring in the differences in food, cooling, RH factors and the list goes on. Most only look at that huge start up cost which I get, but ignore the cost to do business.

I’m not sure we are staying on the topic of this thread. Right now I am just throwing out claims, but again I do have the backup here who watch me on the daily, and I certainly don’t want to sound like a condescending know it all.

I’ll just add because you have opted to test some of my genetics, at the end of the grow you have the chance to become a member of my site, and then you can see how I do what I do behind the scenes. IMO, you are a very stand up guy, and I appreciate you so I expect to see you there some day.

Now I’ll post and see how many spelling errors I made, lol.

Cheers

9 Likes

I’ll echo what I have said above to Viva, and again you’re another I enjoy conversing with so I expect you will also be at that site in time. All about fight club my brotha.

1 Like

Well, @OG1969 only uses HPS to flower. Take a look at his threads.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

The one interview I listened to from Duke Diamond of Bros Grimm said the same thing in detail about stressing the plant to our advantage so to speak. When I had the three underpowered leds in flower trichs were off the hook on icookie and chem soda og. They just weren’t enough to take the plants full term that is the only reason the hps went back in flower. I will say this with veg set up with all led I am noticing less stretch even when flowered under the hps than when the veg tent was running the HOT5’s.
Peace OG

P.S. I also believe if you can dial the food as close to perfect as possible the plant will take full advantage of whatever light it has. Without the right food the light is almost a moot point.

4 Likes

today i learned it’s a bad idea to tap the ash out of a metal bowl on the glass down stem of a bong. now it’s like a bong with a carb i can’t plug :frowning:

5 Likes

A lesson to be learned here for sure.

I thought I was alone in this world.

Not!

2 Likes

How to make a grilled cheese sammich, when in the workshop.
Ricky-style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqLDU852PLU&list=RDCqLDU852PLU&t=

4 Likes

today I learned that you don’t need commercial fertilizers to grow plants :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2H60ritjag

6 Likes

i’m going to go out on a limb and say you knew that yesterday

9 Likes

that’s a small limb there man :wink:

6 Likes

Big risk taker that @legalcanada.

Hehehe.

Good post. Worth the time!

She gets a little “naggy” doesn’t she?

4 Likes

today i learned the proper pronunciation of worcestershire

3 Likes

I like putting woosta sheeya sauwss all ova my steak!

2 Likes

the stuff is disgusting, may as well put molasses on your pancakes !

4 Likes

Hahahaha. I’ve been a vegetarian for 30 years. I’m still laughing!

3 Likes

i also recently learned it contains anchovies :sick: :puke:

3 Likes

We need a puking emoji! Hahahahah

1 Like

Too late!

2 Likes

the commissioner of the metropolitan police in london is a woman named cressida dick … i’m imagining it sort of rhymes with jessica. say it outloud to yourself.

3 Likes