TIL - Today I Learned

TIL the CBC costs canadian taxpayers 1.1 billion dollars annually to produce racist garbage like this

4 Likes

Meanwhile, back in Massof2shits. Things appear to be getting done with the same old scare tactics, of course. We’ll see.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/news/local_news/regulators-mull-landscape-for-cannabis-clubs-budtenders/article_d27f1606-dbe0-59c8-9002-76dee020ffd2.html

4 Likes

They always pretend that Cannabis doesn’t exist outside of legalization, and by allowing legal consumption they’re creating something that wasn’t there before. My nephew’s would probably have an easier time getting weed than I would, regardless of legalization.

3 Likes

TIL…

5 Likes

5 gpw :open_mouth: you have to have some secrets i want to switch to led so bad just waiting on the my garden to get right really sucks when all your new plants are male an you only took one cline you didnt grow big enough lol i do have a question tho @LED_Seedz did your gpw ratio go up not all the way to 5 of course but did it automatically go up when you switched to leds?

1 Like

i’ve heard people hitting 1.5-2gpw on their first grow with decent LEDs

2 Likes

See im wondering if there cutting there wattage in half i.e. 1000 watt hps to 500 watt led an the 500 watt led is able to do the same size canopy there by uping the gpw but not really upping the weight of the crop if im gonna spend 4 times as much or more in a new light i wanna pull more weight not just spend less money in the long run i know i know im getting greedy but im trying to be the best i can be in quality weight whatever i want the best an most i can produce you know ive heard a canopy of 50 cubic feet can only fit 1.5 lbs i wonder if this number has changed since led has become good or if the led is capable of a much bigger canopy then some people are letting on way to go @LED_Seedz making me ask more questions than what you answered lol the rabbit hole gets deeper an deeper if there is any way i can become part of the fight club let me know if i have to sacrifice a active member to become one just point me at em an they going down hahahahaba XD just kidding folks keep the soldier for hire questions to yourself hahaha

1 Like

Can definitely surpass 1.5lb per 50sq ft. Wait, cubic feet? So 3 x 3 x 6? I guess that might be in the upper limits of production

the message i got from his post was don’t be scared to experiment and think outside the box. he’s clearly doing something differently than everyone else and it sounds like it could involve IP he would like protected before sharing. all i know is the future of growing is bright !

1 Like

I feel like a noob on the one what is IP an an 5x5x2 is fifty cubic feet the suggested canopy size for a 1000 watt light or i guess 3x3x6 would work depending on the light penetration distance @Worcestershire_Farms

TYL - IP is intellectual property. patents.

1 Like

Intellectual property i figured it out yea true man gotta get apart of that team

I havent been able to smoke in two or three days brain aint working like it usually is hahaha

2 Likes

I do, but I am interviewing with two companies as we speak so cat may come out of the bag at some point.
:wink:

I went to 1.7 GPW on average the first year I ran them in 2010 and stayed around that until I met the fine folks at Illumitex. That was close to double what I did with Digital HPS at the same wattage.

I am currently pulling about 6LBS per 50SF, 48 actually if we’re splitting hairs.

4 Likes

How tall is your canopy? @Worcestershire_Farms an def squashing 1.5 hahaha An illumitex you say hmmm maybe ill just have to be on the lookout for your next tester group there @LED_Seedz but you already know im on the lookout for that hahaha XD

2 Likes

I also use Fluence lights and love the SpydrX fixtures.

5 Likes

Lmao, nothing high tech going on over here. Right now we run dollar store 10w bulbs in $20 outdoor-rated strip lighting. 200w for ~$70.
Canopy is kept under a foot tall. We don’t yield anything crazy, in case I inferred otherwise, but our cost of inputs vs output is commendable.

2 Likes

So you light 50 sq ft with 200 watts

1 Like

Lol, nah. It’s around six.
Haven’t been flowering anything since July, so most of the space is empty. Just one mother plant that was under twenty watts of light and straight water for a couple months. It just recently got bumped up to 200w when she got thrown into flower.
Gunna start putting up more lights in the next few days when the 9lb Hammer x Starfighter come into play.

4 Likes

Ive learned that strain called sky haze is unreal, price is unreal, and if you buy to basket its not there. Bcseeds are joking again :smiley:

3 Likes