TIL - Today I Learned

I don’t agree with them and the music is terrible but as a "beige"person lol I can confirm that movement exists.
We can’t totally give up cultural diversity
But they’re definitely angry about being categorised or forced to pick a side.
I identify as simply American, my culture is sampling other cultures.
I have to say lutefisk is an acquired taste but good with lots of butter and sushi is excellent.
But nothing beats my collard greens or my lasagna

4 Likes

TIL how incredibly easy it is to make a loaf of bread … just measure all the ingredients in to the breadmaker in order and press start!

TYL i love cinnamon raisin bread

7 Likes

Yum…serious munchies!

3 Likes

And the Fed says there is no medical use for either Cocaine or Heroin or MJ. :tired_face::slight_smile:

@lotus710: I’ve never heard of that method. Care to share?

@oleskool830: With a story like that, who could blame you. Did anything happen after that? Cleanup or anything?

@Roux: I wish I could give you more than 1 like on that anecdote. :smiley:

“Kit Kats are made of Kit Kats which are made of Kit Kats” That is the oral equivalent of looking into a mirror in front when there is one behind. :dizzy_face:

@Worcestershire_Farms Turtles do have a long life span. Plus they trained them to act for the 1st movie, It’d be a shame to let all the training go to waste. :laughing:

Anyone else notice that a handful of the healthiest states have legal weed?

Just what I needed, another reason for nightmares.:poop::sleeping::scream:

@HydroPower: You have an evil sense of humor! I like it!

@Morgwar: Did you change your avatar? I thought you had a side shot of a standing bear. Or, maybe I am just stoned.

I’m a beige person too, I guess. My heritage is mostly western European with Italian and 2 type of native American. My culture is American. I don’t think that skin color is the only delineater of culture. If everybody was the same color, we’d still have cultural differences. Culture is about where you are from, the food you eat, the traditions you follow, the religions you belong too. Yes, skin tone has something to do with it, but, there have been inter racial relationships throughout history. In the far past, it was likely more non-consensual, but it has been happening all along. There were laws against it in South Africa and still there were both consensual and non-consensual sexual congress all over anyway. Yet, even in places with mixed racial bloodlines, cultures still exist.

So, my question for you and @legalcanada, is this: Why do you expect the end of skin color differences to also call the end of diverse cultures?

@legalcanada: I can vouch for that. I don’t know the actual strain of my purple plant, but it is very purple and my grow never gets cooler than 64°

Technology can be so useful. :yum::bread:

2 Likes

This is totally new to me too. :confused:

I used to use a metronome all the time, when I practiced keeping time as a musician.

3 Likes

I don’t lol.
but I sure would miss the Swedish bikini team
Dark chocolate Nubian queens would be missed sorely as well.
I won’t even start with those Oklahoma Cherokee babes.
Mixing is fantastic but I’m not pushing for full miscegenation by any means.

Oh and yes I change bears from time to time.
We had a heavy winter storm so its polarbear time.
Ill get my coat back when it warms up.

1 Like

Yes, Girl watching will be considerably less fun when that happens. I actually find mixed race folks to be really good looking. Probably because many of there features are identical to ladies of my own race, but also because they tend to carry the best of both sets of genes. I feel the dark skin adds a highlight of some sort.

I’m pretty sure no one is going to need to push for it. At the rate mixed race people have been increasing in my lifetime (this is just a visual observation), I think the year 3000 may be on the furthest end of the timeline. But, as it is now, it will remain growing slow enough that only the oldest people will remember the greater diversity in race from this era. As long as people fall in love with people of other races, as well as the violent procreation that happens throughout the world continues, the world is heading there. I kind of doubt everyone will actually be of the same color and physical characteristics but close enough to hopefully end racism. It will not happen in any of our lifetimes, but it will happen nonetheless.

1 Like

I keep thinking that is a way to measure the feed you are using by pouring to the beat. Of course, you need a good head for synchronization. Some folks will always need measuring containers. Then some folks, like me, find comfort in the use of measuring cups no matter what…

1 Like

All is not lost…clean them with some carb cleaner and re oil with the 20w.

TIL not to over torx the pivot bolt on the chain guide on my 2.6 l mistubishi motor. Now I get to drill out a hardened bolt. Left hand drill bits ain’t cheep.

1 Like

TIL how fluoros are named… the number is how many eighths of an inch diameter. eg T5 is 5/8 inch, T8 is 1 inch (8/8) T12 is 1.5 inch (12/8) etc

9 Likes

TIL what @legalcanada just posted, i had thought that it was measurement based but doesn’t make sense in mm

4 Likes

Today I learned not to judge a package by it’s cover. :drooling_face: :bomb: :boom: :bomb:

5 Likes

Today I learned that my puppy can jump into my parent’s pond, but can’t jump out.

8 Likes

Oh no. Hopefully puppy learned a lesson.
That could end badly.

1 Like

TIL…tiny white seeds make skinny tiny seedlings. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

TIL about plasma lights, wax production, and UV light…

1 Like

TIL that I’m going to have to protect my plants from marauding critters …

… chewed to the nub most likely by a possum :sob: They have been out in force lately, making a racket and hassling the chickens at night.

There’s two little side leafs so I’m gonna keep growing her just for interests sake but I don’t think this is what @ReikoX had in mind when he said split stalk technique :smile:

7 Likes

Disgusting deer have destroyed many of my plants.
Deer problem was solved with deer netting.

If there are any remnants of leaves, the plant(s) will resume growth after some time.

Good luck in your battle against those pesky varmints😎

6 Likes

Twenty characters and then some

5 Likes

F*#KING DEER!! Rats with hoves! They have formed gangs in my neighborhood and go “wildin’” nightly on everyone’s flower beds and gardens. Ugh! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes