Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

100% classic right there!

3 Likes

zzzz time tonight for sure!

2 Likes

Acquired this book just tonight from the library did a hold on it so now it’s in my possession mentioned by @ReikoX earlier in this thread iv also heard a podcast recently with Ted Hussey and kiss organics with the peep that wrote this book so it’s gettin comfy on the couch with a blanket and time for a good read!

11 Likes

It’s a nice easy read. Not too technical. I’ve been playing Jeep and my reading has slacked a bit. Finishing the last book in the series now…

4 Likes

Well iv been neglecting my seedling and clones for a bit and they are not happy and showing it! On Monday my down to earth amendments came and today im sort of double potting up in a way(raising the rootball and adding more media to the cup!

When repotting the media was like bone dry so they are getting a total submerge to re-wet

11 Likes

Almost equal parts of mushroom compost , leaf compost , existing soil from the back raised bed and some rice hulls for aeration for my potting mix

9 Likes

And to make them really happy adding these to the line-up!

13 Likes

Glad you caught them in time! I’ve been overdosing mine with LITFA lately. Killed my baby. Oops!

Can we talk about kelp meal? I keep reading about it and know how great it is, What I don’t know is when to use it?

4 Likes

Kelp meal is something that should be in every organic setup imo has something like 75 or higher or more minerals plus more than what can be found in land mined materials I’d like to say it has growth enhancers as well iirc it’s like the oceans biggest biodynamic accumulator in the waterworld . As far as use I put it in seedling/potting mix and one can side/top dress plants with it . I have also done kelp teas with it by taking small amounts adding a bit of water and blending it with a stick blender to make a paste. Stores in frig and take a couple spoonful and add it to a gallon of water and water plants with it , I even use it in my compost/worm tea applications.

10 Likes

During veg or flower? Or throughout? Weekly, Monthly? Any good rule of thumb?

If I recall, plants can’t overdose on it, right?

3 Likes

From seed to harvest ! I’ll havent ever side dressed with it yet but probably well this year! Ya iv never heard of it burning plants , it’s more like super vitamins and minerals for your plants!

6 Likes

So this is the lineup of ingredients involved with the all-purpose fert from DTE

Ingredients: Fish Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Rock Phosphate, Langbeinite, Greensand, Humates and Kelp Meal

I think I’m going to love this Shiite!

The rock pho’s; langbeinite; and humates is something that I wanted to incorporate in this years grow anyway so I found it all in one nice package!

7 Likes

A little tidbit of Info on Langbeinite from SoHum soils
Enjoy!

Langbeinite
11/22/2017 By Westword No Comments
The Benefits of Langbeinite in Soil

One of the most interesting inclusions is langbeinite, a unique crystalline substance that meets many fundamental needs of plant nutrition in a small, balanced package. A few tiny granules are sufficient to infuse a large quantity of soil with reliable, elevated nutrition.

What are the Nutrients in Langbeinite?

Langbeinite is a special sulfate material also known as K-Mag or Sul-Po-Mag due to its unique nutrient composition – providing high volumes of potassium, magnesium, and sulfur. Thanks to this makeup, it is ideal for plants that require multiple nutrients to reach their full potential.

How is Langbeinite Used in SoHum Living Soils?

Langbeinite is an important part of providing each batch of SoHum Living Soils with the exact nutrient balance and composition you need to achieve high crop yield, health, and hardiness. It gives cannabis and other nutrient-demanding crops the minerals needed to grow as nature intended, even at scale.

What is Langbeinite Composed of?

Langbeinite is a relatively rare material found in only a few places in the world. Its main source is a series of underground mines outside Carlsbad, New Mexico, where the evaporation of ancient oceans left unusual salt deposits. It is classified as a natural potash fertilizer and has a distinctive reddish coloration. Every batch is thoroughly cleansed before commercial use.

Overall Soil Benefits of Langbeinite

Potassium is essential for proper flowering and when in the right balance with phosphorus can help create a high Brix sap, which serves as a deterrent to pests. Potassium is also the backbone of a plant’s immune system.
Sulphur is so critical for the uptake of so many nutrients and is also vital in the creation of terpenes and synthesis of cannabinoids
Magnesium is the core of the chlorophyll molecule, so in environments with high light intensity and high CO2, adequate magnesium is required to maintain optimum photosysnthesis.
Its relatively low salt index is ideal for crops that are sensitive to salt, including cannabis;
As a naturally-mined substance, it is permissible under organic systems.
Benefits for Indoor Plants

In smaller indoor growing environments, it can meet most potassium needs;
It is an ideal way to foster optimum nutrition during early flower building for cannabis;
Its long history of use by indoor growers grants a strong community and best practices.
Benefits for Outdoor Gardens

Its chemical composition makes it easy to provide uniform nutrition to outdoor areas;
Since it has a neutral pH, it can be applied without upsetting soil chemistry;
Because of its solubility in water, its nutrients are quickly absorbed by outdoor plants.
Langbeinite will help your crops flourish while avoiding the soil imbalances that can result from heavy fertilizer use. Alongside the other organic, hand-picked ingredients in every bag of SoHum Living Soil, it gives you the satisfaction of growing success both indoors and outside.

8 Likes

I love this stuff! Its named after A. Langbein who first described it in 1891. I add a teaspoon to a gallon of water and shake it every time I walk by for a day or three. By then 99% of it dissolves. I use that as a soil drench a couple times per cycle.

4 Likes

I use it from start to finish at least once a week, when made into a tea and used with phosphorus you get something like an extra 25% more uptake in both, over using them separately. Thinking of making my own, as I live on the Atlantic coast. Lots of kelp washed up after storms here.

I use liquid seaweed extract, in water with my aero cloner, seed germination.

But now I have read how Tiny uses it blended up and added to water, I will be doing this instead, and saving a load of money not buying the seaweed extract.

4 Likes

Ya there is very little as for solids anything remaining can be filtered through cheese cloth and a metal seive the ones used in baking.

4 Likes

So what’s a guy to do on a cold rainy day ? How about sifting some 20 gallon smart pots full of wonderful worm castings! Probably a 1/3 of a wheel barrel of goodness going into the beds this spring!

12 Likes

Small update so earlier last week with the starting of my tomato seeds I had to uppot a few things and make room for more so the cold season crops were tested last night with a small snow fall

8 Likes

The girls in the window were getting a little outta hand so I did some major defoliation yesterday for increased light penetration

11 Likes

19 Likes