Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Looking really good!

2 Likes

So the other night I put up my rain barrel and this morning I had probably 1/3 of a 60 gallon filled with the perevious rain fall with the rest of the snow melt today looks like the barrel was filled and then some may have even lost some with my overfill tube not being placed in it yet

Ohh the plants are going to love this drink!

12 Likes

Nice! I’m so jealous!

2 Likes

Better make your self one @Meesh plants love rain water makes for happy plants!

5 Likes

So update on “other” seed germination 4 different varieties 9 plants each of tomato I had just over 75% germination so a replant of the seeds that didn’t pop through.

13 Likes

Wow! You are gonna have a lot of spaghetti sauce! Enough for you and 147 of your friends! Do you can and jar them etc…?

6 Likes

Naw I sell most of them at $3 a pop they end up looking better you can find at most places that sell vegetable starts their usually 6-8 inches when sold I’ll probably start several peppers and more basil as well

7 Likes

I have no doubt :yum:

2 Likes

Most I see are root bound , flowering at 8” tall , are spindly and have phosphorus deficiency already .

6 Likes

Well had to turn this IT into compost today had seen pistils shooting out top a week or so ago and got to looking down the stem and I had male flowers couple nodes down! Bummer this was the Bret mix seed. Agent K is sort of leaning male but will know more next week or sooner

9 Likes

I have now declared this my new favorite gardening tool easily goes through pompous/fountain grass for that spring cleaning of perennial beds with its heavy serrated saw digs out deep taproot weeds, cut twine planting depth gauge the whole 9 yards! I

16 Likes

Little spring cleaning of the flower beds! Gathering more organic matter for the compost bin!

11 Likes

These Gals look very happy, and healthy…

2 Likes

Son helped with a small landscape project today we boxed out this little tree area with some pavers left over from another project compare it to to pic in post 332 I don’t think it turned out to bad

6 Likes

Divided some Perennial grass split it into 4 clumps hopefully it takes!

7 Likes

Thought I’d share a year ago today 2018

12 Likes

Well it’s just past the “New moon “ phase so here is the next round of seed starts

15 Likes

So 36 paper pots fill and ready to go and I had roughly 30 more of these rapid rooter plugs filling in between the paper pots for support, haven’t used rooter plugs to my knowledge had the bag lying around for probably 2 years now decided why not what the hell give it a go! Looks like a full house!

12 Likes

This makes for 9 different varieties of tomato this year if I can get this last batch to sprout! Hell most nurseries don’t even have 9 in their lineups!

10 Likes

I have the Fiskars brand of that gardening knife. I love it! Man I’ve been slacking trying to get SOMETHING to grow outside this year…

7 Likes