Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Ya I was able to go through 2 large clumps of perennial grasses with not much hand fatigue

4 Likes

we do the purple every year. looks great, tastes better. really enjoying perusing your garden.

3 Likes

Freaking weather current conditions in CO! I think Iā€™m going to BBQ that damn ground hog!

10 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the things I definitely donā€™t miss about living there. The freaking weather almost killed me twice. Seriously, almost died. I still miss being there in general, though.

4 Likes

We have had seven inches of snow yesterday, put my snow blower away 2 weeks ago, drained the gas out of the tank and stuck it in the back of my shed.

8 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

Ya iv heard they shut down schools, businesses and roads when thereā€™s a ā€œdusting ā€œ of snow cause people end up putting there vehicles in the ditch! Lol

5 Likes

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the last snow of the spring! At least we have water this year. Weā€™ll all be back to wearing speedos by Monday

6 Likes

Tended garden naked for the first time this year. It was 97 in the Shed About 3:30 today. AC will be here Saturday. :hot_face:

7 Likes

TMI funny as hell but ones gotta do whatever to avoid those ā€œswamp assā€ conditions! Lol :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s really neat there. But may I suggest using a brown paper bag rather than those newspaper ads? The pigments in those inks may contain heavy metals

ā€“czā€“

5 Likes

Ohh I like that idea as well may have to try, might even be a bit more durable , as far as the inks and stuff I think most are made from soy-like bases now a days but ya never know thanks for the tip !

3 Likes

Too funny, you 5 days ago posted the 1 year ago snow picture, and now your garden is covered in snow.

Hope you donā€™t have anything in the ground, that will be lost due to the snow, that would be a shame!
Weather is all bongus here as well, we had a hail strom this morning. While I was driving down the highway, out of no where an inch of hail on the road and carā€™s crashing up ahead.
Lucky I was right at the exit, and got off the road passing the first crashed car and further up everything came to a holt.

6 Likes

I have little cabbages under heavy Tupaware bowls cover with leaf mulch that was done while the snow was flying yesterday!

6 Likes

Then they have a fair chance, if itā€™s just a short periode.
Good to hear mate!

6 Likes

What are the components of newspaper ink or dye?
1 Answer
Vignesh Ck
Vignesh Ck, studied at St.Peterā€™s Engineering College, Chennai
Answered Dec 9 2016
Ink usually contains solvents,pigments,dyes,resins,lubricating substance,surfactantsā€¦.sometimes someā€¦odourable substance

Pigments may be organic (chromium ,cadmium,lead)

If itā€™s inorganic it contains titanium dioxide for white inks and carbon for black inks.

Resins may be natural or artificial

Natural (rosin from pine tree,asphalt from crude oil,shellac from insect secretion)

Artificial (chemically modified cellulose)

Solvents include toluene,water,xylene

Cadmium was the one I hear that bothered me. It is used in the red inks iirc. even though I remember it as yellow from Qualitative Analysis

Edit: oh yeaā€¦my source for reference.

3 Likes

Well thatā€™s interesting with the great push to try to save Mother Earth and all the crap that ends up in landfills still wondering why such items are still used today ?

1 Like

I wonā€™t use anything with colored inks. black is fine.

2 Likes

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2001-11-11-0111110385-story.html

I found this Iā€™m going to try brown paper bag though and see if I can get a good crimp on it maybe I can use less length and make it one layer thick?

2 Likes

thanks. Good article.

1 Like