Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Save those carboard tubes! :wink:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Ahh that’s a lot of paper towels and butt wiping in my case ! Lol :joy:

2 Likes

Little update on the indoor jungle lol so inevitably with my tomatoes they always seem to get a phosphorus deficiency early on early stages of growth going to experiment I bit here and try something different, I have a worm castings tea with kelp brewing in about a gallon of water and will water at the end of the day with that on part of the tomatoes the other thing is I’m pushing some bamboo skewers into the soil and filling little holes with the DTE all purpose organic fertilizer to act as a mini “spike” so to say and dribbling water down the holes and top dressing a bit of mix as well

will compare the two methods in 3-4 days and report back!

11 Likes

basil and lupines about to pot up to next size

10 Likes

And the two girls hogging up all the space in the bench seat window!

14 Likes

19 Likes

So a little outdoor garden update been watching some Kaligrownbuds videos which reminded me I needed to get some covercrop seed down and germinating few pics for your viewing pleasure! Lol

Some mushroom compost followed up by some of last years thermal compost!

12 Likes

A 12 seed covercrop blend thrown down ! Clovers vetch and peas combo

worked in with the tips of fingers for good ground contact! Placed a can on top of the soil to keep cover crop off the area that’s going to be the planting hole!

13 Likes

I am going to wait another 3-4 weeks before doing that, there is still a chance of snow and - temps at night.

4 Likes

Finally a thin straw mulch layed down and watered in with some recent rain and snow melt water and a wire grid layed down to keep the straw from blowing away cold 50 degree temps today and wind blowing like a bitch I’m going inside !

16 Likes

My next bed for another day had some volunteer clovers coming in !

11 Likes

50 degrees, I would be sunbathing lol, I had my T shirt off walking the dog the other morning, and it was a balmy +3C. No wind though that makes a difference.

7 Likes

Happy to see these little sprouts coming through they are my hops I transplanted several weeks ago hopefully this will fill the trellis behind it to provide some screening

15 Likes

For sure I’m guessing 30 mph gust at least makes it feel like the low 40’s

2 Likes

Do you make beer with your hops?

3 Likes

Ironically I have not yet but would like to some day it’s Willamette spelling? is great flavor and aroma type hop with lower bittering units it would still make for a good English style ale.

5 Likes

sounds nice, so what do you do with them?

1 Like

As for right now there more ortamental than anything else nice looking vines and the hops when they come on are very beautiful imo

2 Likes

I’d say get it going now I’d say that most of these seeds will germinate in cooler than normal temps what’s great about raised beds is that they warm up considerably quicker the the native soil. I plan on growing this out 6-8 inches and chop and drop it for additional humus and and additional nitrogen benefits.

4 Likes

I’d like to grow some hops. Can you buy seeds or do you buy starts locally?

2 Likes