Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Iv only seen them sold as rhizomes little sections of roots with few good shoot sites on them I had gotten mine from a home brew store years ago but also can be purchased in good online seed catalogs as well it’s more of a seasonal thing I believe but some may still have some availability

It’s one of my favorite vine/bine they can easily get 16-18 feet heigh and grow like 6+inches a day

4 Likes

I’ve managed to order starts from a local nursery in the past.

I think you can also do a mail order, for instance:

8 Likes

Checked out the link they have some good varieties I’f ones interested in making all sorts of ales and laggers! Thanks for sharing @Northern_Loki!

5 Likes

Thanks guys. Looks like I just missed it. Have to remember next year.
I think it’s cool hops and cannabis are closely related and they both help people feel good.

5 Likes

And from what I’ve been told, it takes similar growing talent to grow hops that are of high quality needed for brewing.

6 Likes

Haha they definitely grow like weeds for sure! I’ll snap a pic this AM and another in a week or two and show you their growth habits!

Today’s pic 4/19/2019

13 Likes

Day off today so did a transplant of my sickly looking tomato which it looks like their coming around , my two types of basil and lupines

11 Likes

14 Likes

Lupines and basil are looking pretty good imo!

15 Likes

These were just popping through the ground about a week ago!

7 Likes

Always looking for good things to add to the garden, rabbit poop is great from what I hear for garden beds and i’v got a good source close by anyone else use it in their gardens ?

9 Likes

No I have been looking,

I need to find a buddy with kids that has some as pets. Then get them to save it up.

2 Likes

Put I little comment in the town associated FB page sounds as if I could have enough for it to be up to my ying yang! lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I will stick something on kijiji free ads.

2 Likes

Hop update 5 days later and some of the vines are over 2 feet @Hashtree and @Northern_Loki fastgrowers I think they can put in 4-6 inches day if they wanted to!

18 Likes

That’s impressive. I’ll have to check at the garden center for those

2 Likes

The girls looked so heart broken starring out the window. Like a young kid on a rainy day :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Haha with all the flattening out of the tops the’re to big for the window and have had to resort to putting them on the floor! Saw one waving to the world one morning from up there from the outside and I said “that’s enough attention for you young ladies”! and down they went!

7 Likes

re: hops

just heard Kevin Jodrey mention taking a trip to a big hops farm in WA state…said the guy had 1 client(anheuser-busch (whatever f the spelling)… and a 30$million “Hops isolate” machine/facility that cranks out a powder white crack rock that gets sold to Buttweiser. :thinking:

crazy.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Haha I caught that my go to nickname is Buttwiper! Lol

6 Likes