Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

I was curious… I have a hops plant that keeps coming up at a back corner of my shed and was wondering how well it would transplant… was going to try last Fall but never got around to it, and was thinking about trying it very soon, before it gets too warm around here… Any thoughts?

Yours and @cannabissequoia description of the “King Of Beers” is the reason I don’t consume Budweiser…lol

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

@anon95954822 If ya don’t have shoots popping through the ground you should be alright I’d think , they grow by rhizomes take cuttings that have 3-4 bud sites on a 8 inch piece or so plant it horizontally about 6-8 inches deep otherwise wait till fall dieback or early spring

7 Likes

Thanks, I will have to take a peek tonight and see if they have poked through yet. The rain we are getting now is getting rid of the last bit of snow in the yard so things are a little behind this Spring, which may help. If not, I’ll wait until Fall. It’s a nice ornamental vine, it’s just getting crowded out by the Spruce trees I planted a few years back, and I would like to give it a better home.

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

Yeah, I just went and had a look and there’s 3 or 4 shoots coming out now, so I will try as you suggest with taking cuttings and leave the rhizome until Fall. Don’t want to kill it… It deserves a better home than the one it’s in…

Thank you

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

No don’t cut the shoot hope ya haven’t yet sorry been on the road for 4hrs @anon95954822 if anything dig down to the root and take everything if ya can and transplant

4 Likes

No problem, I haven’t done anything yet… It’s piss-pouring rain outside and they are actually calling for flurries tomorrow… The little shoots are only about an inch long right now. I would have taken a picture and posted if not for the rain.

I’ll leave it until Sunday when it’s supposed to be nicer…

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

Didn’t think I’d have to resort to this expecting 1-2 inches of the white fluffy stuff AGAIN!

fuck I’m ready to move to CALI!

14 Likes

Wow! you guys are getting slammed this year - Hopefully the snow is really rain

8 Likes

Snowing now, rain the next couple days going to make for one of the more wet spring seasons we’ve had in awhile just hope it doesn’t hurt the new spring growth I have my hops covered the best I can.

7 Likes

Glad I held off on transplanting mine yesterday as the water in the birdbath froze last night…

Well, at least I am sitting on high ground and not getting flooded out like others in my area…

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

I looked at the map & drew a rough trajectory from Scandinavia & NW Europe to NE USA to Mid-West USA to California… & realized I should have been born in Polynesia but Vikings drank a lot & the weather seemed better than home to all of those ancestors. Damn. :tropical_drink: :island: :tropical_fish: :sandal:(that’s too damned girly fer my feet)

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Well this sucks! Covered my hops the best I could both in the new box and main on the porch guess we’ll see how they turn out !

14 Likes

Sorry to see that man, I know what it’s like, I hope it dissapeares quick and temps come up. We had a late killer frost last year, wiped out all the blue berry crops in Nova Scotia. Killed all the buds on the azelias and rhodedendrans.

6 Likes

Supposed to get to the low 40’s and rain most of the day yah can never really tell how much frost damage till it’s all gone unfortunately.

5 Likes

“The new grow-tent looks kinda funny guys…”

:evergreen_tree:

19 Likes

LMAO, they are not going to grow much in that.

3 Likes

Beautiful snowl! the plants will be fine, the ground is warmed up, no worries

7 Likes

Snapped this one looking out 2nd level parking garage treetop level

13 Likes

When I think of Colorado, I always think about the crazy weather there. Blizzard one day, 90 degrees the next. Sorry, Tut. Hope everything comes out unscathed.

7 Likes

Well decided to take on a small gardening project this afternoon and decided to build a tresllis for the back fence for a clematis, new hop vine and whatever else garden veggy I decided to throw in there ( cucumber, watermelon, beans , squash) perhaps got myself anew conduit bender decided I better put it to use! 2 sticks of 1/2 EMT I coupler, zip ties and netting and whola! 6’ tall and 8’ wide approximately !

11 Likes