Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Had some 3/4 emt scrap from a recent solar panel install that I decided to use as a base support had a 5’ piece cut in half and pounded in to the ground close to 2 “ deep and slid the 1/2” emt right into that!

8 Likes

All trimmed up and slid into the holders ! Not bad looking IMO we’ll see what the vines/ veggies can do to cover it the summer!

11 Likes

New hop rhizome reaching for the trellis!

14 Likes

Looks good… Trellises are such an important “tool” to use in gardening :+1:

Managed to dig up and transplant my hops plant… Had to dig out from under the concrete slab of the shed and only managed to get about 8" of it as I did not want to undermine the shed as well as the “root” seemed to be quite attached to the underside of the slab… Not sure how it will make out in it’s new home but I guess I’ll find out in a bit…

Peace
DaFozz

8 Likes

Nice trellis! Amazing how easy they are to make with a few things laying around. Awesome!

7 Likes

What time is it? Tea time! Using a good pound or so of compost and 2 or so cups of EWC to each 5 gallon bucket ! Adding a bit of molasses and some kelp meal to the mix

19 Likes

Doing something a bit different, i’v picked up from Kaligrownbuds videos… I dealing away with air stone all together hard to keep clean and I think they end up restricting airflow through the tea mix in the buckets I have two paint bag strainers a 5 gallon that goes in first and one airline the 2nd is a1 gallon strainer that holds all the EWC with an airline sealed inside the bag! As far as the air lines they are sunk with heavy-ass nuts to get to the bottom !

19 Likes

We’re all gromies out here bro :rofl: love the dude he knows his stuff too. When I give living soil a try I’ll be using a load of his tips to get it cracking.

Also love the vertical scrog net man can’t wait to see how well you do with it :+1:

8 Likes

Looks like the whole lot of local bunnies paid me a visit recently ! lol not really I threw there shit on literally on every thing the flower beds, the lawn , in the worm bins etc let’s see how it does this year! Had a five gallon pail of it why not!

9 Likes

Work on two more raised boxes today Man I’m bush getting to old for this :poop: Lol

Went with the lasagna layering technique with these two boxes! Compost : fortified peat mix: mushroom compost: EWC : soil from a approximately 2 year sod pile. Repeat till the box is full, water in homemade soap mix to aid in rewetting peatmoss!

18 Likes

The “players” in the game!

11 Likes

15 Likes

And the power house. workers of the soil! Here a rather healthy red wiggler that came from the compost pile ! Looked through the thermal compost found a good amount of egg cacoons so the boxes are already inoculated with worms as well!

15 Likes

Time to get some peas growing up these trellises one down one to go!

5 Likes

Looking good where you are, for the time of year. Is that jug EM1 ?

I am just making my first batch from organic quinoa. Looking forward to some organic cheese curds on my fries lol.

I think my worms may have got to cold the other week, I put them in the workshop, because there were some fruit flies, hatching from it in the basement, when the warm weather started, after I put them out we had a couple of minus 5 nights in a row.

I will have to take a few out of each pot, and get them going again.

4 Likes

Yes it’s very old used it years ago to make my own Bokashi from wheat bran ,I can recall making a couple of 5 gallon pails of it back in the day ! Need to get back into it to help reduce landfill waste and boost soil nutrition!

4 Likes

Yea had to cover mine up last week as well ( the 25 gallon pots) covered with that thick bubble wrap and tarped it up pretty well my reds over winter pretty well in the flower beds consisting of native soil I do heavily mulch with fall leaves and they do well !

5 Likes

Betcha that made the wife happy! Worm food tip! Freeze your food should really help with the fly issue

4 Likes

I didn’t tell her where they were coming from, she didn’t even know she had a worm bin down there lol.

I would prefer to keep them outside over winter but we get such low temps, the ground freezes to about 12-18 inches with the frost. So a 70 liter Rubbermaid tub is going to freeze solid :cry:

4 Likes

When ya get your worm population up high enough to experiment a bit I’d say just try putting some in your native soil( flower beds) with a few inches of leaves all summer then come winter pile then on about a foot thick you’d be surprised how much insulating properties it provides I tried this in December here in Colorado and was able to easily push a HORI knife into the soil! There (worms)more cold hardy than a lot people think!

6 Likes