Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Looks like it might miss us not by far though!

4 Likes

That cloud does not look happy, at allā€¦ Good thing you have protection in placeā€¦Unlike your worm orgiesā€¦

K.

3 Likes

Itā€™s 3 days of 100+ & 20% RH here, headed your way soon. :sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

So hereā€™s the plant assortment from a company that we stumbled onto in a home and garden show in Loveland called ā€œgardens that rockā€ called ā€œpurple rainā€ hereā€™s a run down of perennials that are included in the box
Pagan purple delphiniums
Rosalie figge iris
Bella Lugosi day lily
Deep purple salvia
Purple cone flower
Roxanne geraniums
Purple dome aster
Millennium allium
Forever purple heuchera
Purple pasture flower
Purple beauty phlox
Pippas purple hellebore
Substitute of 1-2 plants of the hellebore yet to be determined

Iā€™ll get a pick in full sun as well. The wife and I couldnā€™t get all 40 plants in the box so we decorated elsewhere

16 Likes

Just got the notification that the kit of blumats are at the post office should have them in hand around 12:30 -1300! Yippeee!

4 Likes

Those are gonna be beautiful! Btwā€¦ hellebores are shade plants

2 Likes

Well the seeds Istarted a few days back are now ready to blend up and to make some enzyme rich sprout tea!

Iā€™m waiting another day on the mung bean needs a tad longer tail IMO.

13 Likes

Nice. I have some wild hops growing on one of our properties. I attempted to brew beer with it last year but I not at skilled in it as I thought lol.

4 Likes

Oh think I fortgot to add that along with mung , I also have alfalfa and barley seeds tea these are ground up in a cup of water strained and diluted out for water in the plants

m

10 Likes

Ya I think I might have a bumper crop with these this year! That be cool to make a light hoppy beer with some hemp seeds and call it ā€œHempy Turtle Aleā€Lol

7 Likes

So the girls are getting big enough to wear there own special name tags

14 Likes

A good start on the year thus far !

17 Likes

Found the substitute for the hellebore it coral bells

4 Likes

Hey Man,

What is the Mung all about? Enzymes as well?

K.

3 Likes

Yah think itā€™s more used towards flower but would have to research some Kaligrownbudz vids to find out for sure of the top of the head Id guess potassium!

1 Like

Thanksā€¦I will look for his sprout tea vidā€¦I never thought to look there.

Regards,

K.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a busy garden there brother. Itā€™ll look fantastic when they all bloom.
Around here, all Lilly (especially strathapillium) must be in pots, otherwise Iā€™ll mow them. They grow fast and thick and have to be contained. Same with the bloody Begonias lol.
I really wish we could get some lavender going though, I love their smell.
Cheers

2 Likes

Had a few early autos showing me their nut sacks !

15 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the plants in the well established beds are liking their soil had an inch of growth on pic from #571 .

Was is the barley/ alfalfa tea perhaps? Have this feeling growth is really going to start taking off here!

3 Likes

Mentioned that Iā€™d try something new with one of my plants this gorrila skittles in a 2.5 gallon pot I think buried down in the wood chips to help with moisture wicking loss

14 Likes