Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Me, 2 mates and a lot of time and dedication ahah. We have 150L compost + 150L of biobizz allmix + 50L aged sheep manure + 45L worm castings + 100L vermiculite and I want to bring a bag of the forest soil I showed you one time, which is something like composted leaves for several years. A pic for you to remember, the forest soil I’m talking about is the black dirt on the bottom right side, and it’s everywhere in this place under the leaves.

So adding everything, we end up with over 500L of this mix and we will still mix this to the native topsoil, which is more sandy but still has organic matter because it’s darker and has a lot of leaves and other stuff decomposing there. If you go deep, you will find only sand, not the dark sand anymore which is in the topsoil. We’ll remove all the white bags and paint the buckets, no worries. The path (not really a path, we just go into the “jungle”) that leads to our spot is really difficult, fairly inclined and with lots of trees, brambles, and vegetation, I’m sure it will be safe for now.

9 Likes

Time to get some tea brewing!

14 Likes

Y’all want to see what I have to deal with year in and year out? Keeping up with the weed seeds is a constant nightmare!

For fucks sake I could hop the fence and plant several cannabis plants back there and no one would even know!

12 Likes

Anyone up for some refreshing Mojito’s? … these clippings will act as sort of a pest deterrent layed at the base of each plant!

12 Likes

Please tell me that your mint is in containers… LOL most invasive thing in my mom’s garden.

9 Likes

Nope ! It is bordered by a decent tight brick barrier it it gets to unruly I’ll just pull it up roots and all the best I can!

7 Likes

Currently the most invasive shit going on in my yard is my neighbors f$&”ing bindweed ! Crap is everywhere! I’ll take a pic of his front yard as well!

7 Likes

I poured an entire pack of spearmint seeds in a pot to germ. Not a single sprout came up. My invasive mints have been a no show. lol

3 Likes

Shoot! I don’t know if I could handle the neighbors mess. If they were mine they may catch me hopping their fence with a weed whacker. lol

4 Likes

Come 4th of July I need to throw a lit fountain cone over the fence and burn that shit down!

5 Likes

They have the weediest lawn of the entire HOA even more so than the not lived in houses around here ridiculous! I don’t see the HOA law enforcers going after a shit stain that they are! Fucking trailer trash type if ya know what I mean!

2 Likes

Someone… wink wink… may want to tip off the HOA…

1 Like

That would be probably be a bad idea having what I’m growing in my back yard !

Colorado is a legal state… HOA says no?

1 Like

Hard to say with this HOA never know

2 Likes

HOA’s = police state.

3 Likes

The literature I went over with the kit mentioned first dripper off the carrot to be 8 cm or a tad over 3” my thoughts if it’s not close enough it won’t sense wet and overwater the pot I believe that is the measurement for drip tape as well IIRCC

3 Likes

I must have missed read that, my first was about 6 inches away. I thought it meant no closer than 3 inches away or the pot would not get wet enough before it shut off.

2 Likes

Just got back from fetching a little canal water to increase the diversity of the compost tea! 1/2-3/4 gallon should do the trick! Another 18hours of brew time then everything in the garden yard and flower beds gets some tea!

12 Likes

Please share all your secret ingredients that you will be adding to the compost tea, I certainly want to learn.

3 Likes