Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Good quality compost probably close to a pound for 5 gallon bucket sometime I add EWC 1-2 cups , fish emulsion if I have it 1/4-1/2 cup of blackstrap molasses unsulfered that’s about it .

Edit: kelp meal finely ground and made into a slurry couple tablespoons of that as well

7 Likes

Well the tea addition to the yard and garden couldn’t have been at a better time applied 5 gallons to everything in the front yard flowers, potted plants yard last night started sprinkling on me while I was finishing up and overnight we received 1” of rain must of been a slow soaker type didn’t even hear it!

And this morning I applied the 2nd (5gallons) to all the raised planter boxes a total of 6 now ( it’s getting to be an obsession) got home from work and another 1/4 inch fell and it looks to rain the rest of the evening off and on! Rain barrels are full and things looking good!

6 Likes

Happy to report here that I’v successfully rooted some petunia cuttings ,I saw roots forming in 8 days 100% success!

With this and the recommendations of @Calyxander saying that coleus is doable also CSU trial gardens are going to be getting a visit from me soon! Lol cup of water and razor blade here I come!

That would be weird having beautiful shit growing in my back yard that’s not even available to the common public! Does this make me a bad person?

8 Likes

No it doesn’t, it makes you an interesting person :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for that @Shadey did ya happen to check out my CSU trial garden thread?

2 Likes

Here it is if ya haven’t seen it! Enjoy!

2 Likes

No I haven’t, where is it hiding ?

2 Likes

@Shadey Just posted above! Plus 20

2 Likes

Well I’m going to give this malted barley weed killer thing a try! 2-3 days ago I germed some barley 1/4 cup approximately, in a Tupperware bowel rinsed it at least once a day and today was the day I took the seed ground them strained them and rinsed the ground seed diluted to about 3/4 gallon of water very very milky! Aerate for 24 hours or so then put in a sprayer and give some weeds the 1-2 punch! So the idea behind this is that malted barley aerated for just 4 hours or so is said to turn into a pretty decent herbicide! We’ll see! From the looks of it looks like malted barley may have some saponins wonder what my patio will look like tomorrow! Lol

8 Likes

Interested to see how this works, my gravel drive is disappearing under the dandelions and grass, faster than I can pick it and compost it.

2 Likes

I didn’t an early morning spray this Am before work well see if there’s any effect … I did put a dab of my homemade soap as an effective spreader

3 Likes

If it works it’ll be considerably cheaper than vinegar!

4 Likes

Vinegar doesn’t seem to work on Canadian dandelions lol, they are pretty tough little feckers.

2 Likes

Iv done a vinegar table salt and epsom salt that does a pretty good number on Colorado dandelion with a dab of soap

3 Likes

Not sure if 24 hours is long enough, watch the weeds love the barley and double in size. :scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

Whoop! There it is! Great stuff @Shadey. Thanks for that. All love and respect…

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Right in to the book! Great stuff!

3 Likes

Ru talking brew time then @ReikoX?

2 Likes

Yeah, I could be wrong but I believe Coots had issues at around 72 hours. He was also using malted barley, which may have more enzymes.

2 Likes

Mr Nice said, that you should not soak malted barley any longer than 4 hours or it becomes toxic to plants. That’s what I have been sticking to, but if you use it as a top dressing as I do also would it not stay wet for 4 hours after a watering.

1 Like