Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Get a suitable size container to do this used the wife’s stainless steel soup pot that’s like 1.25 gallons capacity ( note: aluminum pots are NOT a advisable for making soap) add the 900ml of oil and KOH mix and start stirring!

Stirred right at the 10 minute mark with a variable speed dril to get it to the consistency of a thin mayo!

11 Likes

Cover up let it set for 3 days and we will mix soft water Qs Up to a gallon and remix to dissolve the hardened soap.

15 Likes

I have all those items on hand too…

4 Likes

Sweet ! I’m excited this is probably one of the most important things to make in the whole JADAM system it makes the peat base mixes less hydro phobic (spreaders) it’s essential in using it along with insecticides it can be used alone as an insecticide as well in helping with complete coverage of target pest , herbicide aide as well for making that water “wetter” to kill those pesky plants , home use laundry , shampoo, use as body wash , wash your dishes, possibilities are pretty much endless with this stuff !

12 Likes

I wonder if that’s where they got the names for Ryu and Ken for Streetfighter from, or not :wink:

2 Likes

2 gems absolutely!! Great thread man… here’s a link for Chris Trumps YouTube channel. Sure you’ve seen it hehejust figured could be good for peeps following along

4 Likes

Everytime I see KOH I think dmt lol

7 Likes

Well the 1st seed flat of the year is ready for some ROLS dump some old pots laying around in the backyard re amend with some meals , EWC, some microbial rich teas perhaps!

12 Likes

Today is day 3 cure on the JWA (Jadam wetting agent) to the almost like butter texture of cured soap I add 4 liters of soft water I ended up using RO water mixed lightly in stages with a clean hand! Lol to dislodge the soap from the sides and bottom of the stock pot by squeezing through the fingers (kinda of fun) very little mixing is recommended at this stage! Now to let it set for 24+hours and let it dissolve !

Later: after a little clean up and looking at my hand the feel is almost like a had put moisturizer on it! Hopefully this is some good shit! Will report back with more pics of possible failures/successes on the project.

14 Likes

Get your Jadam organic farming book yet ? Started reading?

1 Like

Yes, and no it’s in the queue. I did browse through it and am excited to dig into soon.

3 Likes

We’ll have the morning off and preparing for the "New :crescent_moon: planting cycle getting a microbial tea going ! Handful or so of fresh EWC from the worm bins and some compost that I harvested from the bin in the back yard a few days ago to get it warmed up and ready for action !

9 Likes

Took an old pot whose soil I’m going to revitalize by adding a small amount of kelp meal, bone meal, and the remainder of the compost and EWC!

Mix the dry ingredients to homogeneous like and add off gassed tap water to start rehydration!

5 Likes

Have some yucca so into the water it goes for aiding in hydration

6 Likes

No for the moisture test we’re aiming for approximately 50% moisture for the mix!
Take a handful and squeeze! Ones looking for a few drops between the fingers! Looks good here !

10 Likes

Ok so this is killing me! Time for some science! Here I’m going to check the effectiveness of JWA as a spreader, mind you this stuff isn’t evenly fully dissolved yet!

Plucked myself a nice specimen and gave it a shot with normal tap water from a spray bottle.

See how it beads?

8 Likes

This is 1ml approximately in 300-500 mils of RO

It’s already micronizing the water!

7 Likes

Here it is with 4mls!

16 Likes

I think it’s spreading it out what ya’ll think?

5 Likes

Looking good … seems to be doing the job

3 Likes