Tinytuttle's Grow Chronicles 2019

Trying my hand at non-decarb green dragon will see if it’s a bit easier in the wife and me ! Used a bit more ethanol than I wanted and will take a bit more time to passively reduce the amounts to 1/2 or better.

9 Likes

Ya so I need to come up with about $4000 for one of those nice freeze dryer machines by harvest right that Frenchy uses!

4 Likes

What is Green Dragon?

1 Like

Cannabis tincture you can find the recipe in @ReikoX tincture thread

2 Likes

Yeah same … 160 is food grade generally and 25 I find it’s just too dirty but will also run them both through the rosin press of I want smokeables from it. For me good quality comes either 120 or 90 depending which one I use, 73 always A grade and 45 good too.
I wish I had the Bubble Man bags… will get a set one day

Edit : Frenchy is the master for sure… learnt so much watching his workshops … I got taught to make hash by some old British chaps that used to come over here and make hash to export back over to U.K… they definitely weren’t concerned with trichome care in their methods lol… Frenchy made me change shit up a bit

3 Likes

Green dragon is a pheno of uncle Fester’s 18, that a friend of mine did.

2 Likes

Actually you can get the small one for about 2K. And it is on my wish list, but you only need it if you want to impress people or sell your product. Air drying and pressing still works just fine.

3 Likes

Put a small fan on it and it will go faster… and on top of a warm surface.

2 Likes

I have it in a warm water bath right now will check it’s progress after awhile.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Frenchy’s hash in shops in Cali and was never impressed. It’s still that dark, super hashy tasting bubble, unless that’s what he’s going for?

3 Likes

Yeah I think it will always depend on the material and strain you are using to make the hash. Not all strains are produced equal and some strains just make better hash than others. I’ve got a couple strains that make the most insane tasting and smelling hash ever next to some great strains whose flower is phenomenal but doesn’t translate well when making hash with it… and I do full bud runs …

4 Likes

Not sure on that. I’ve never seen Frenchy produce quality full melt. The best stuff on the legal market is hands down 710labs, besides that the best hash quality I’ve seen has been coming out of small grows in Colorado.

3 Likes

I see we’re getting more of the 710Labs product here in Trinidad. Two of the shops that have it are right up the road. Thanks for the tip. I’d love to try some hash. I’ll pop in in the next day or two to check that hash out.

I like their website. I’m going to get on their list since I live so close. Are they selling seeds, too? Sort of sounded like they do. I hope so. I’ve been wanting to try more local genetics. peace

3 Likes

Wait, what?! 710labs in Trinidad? What are your laws over there? I wonder if their quality has been compromised. If they have Lemon Heads, get it, it’s amazing.

1 Like

Decided to up my evaporation game …the fan Blowing air over a mason jar isn’t cutting it for me!

3 Likes

Might as well use a warmer air right over the mason jar using the food dehydrator variable heater set at 95 degrees will run for 8 hours cause the the wife needs the pressure cooker insert for dinner!

7 Likes

Nice. got the same one. Just picked up my dehydrator from my parents, going to start making jerky again. :grin: Are you leaving the cheese cloth on?

1 Like

I am just as another level of particulate prevention .

Pro tip, next time you do a natural evaporation, use a glass pie pan. The larger surface area will make it go quicker.
:+1::seedling:

9 Likes

Southern Colorado. :smile_cat:

Yeah like fast, with a fan, or on the top shelf in a warm room even. Mine will dry out in a day just sitting. I use a large pyrex glass baking pan. Or, use a rice cooker and put the fan on it while heating it.

2 Likes