Tracker's garden

I think at the end of this season, I might make a raised bed like that in my yard. Looks like it works good and would be easy for this old fart to build.

5 Likes

Remember to use cedar, don’t want any unnecessary chemicals in there.

12 Likes

I made a cross once that had bright purple pistols when grown outside, but inside the same plant would only go white. Take the plant and put her outside, she turned purple pistols. Weird. But yeah you could see the bright magenta color across the yard.

6 Likes

Pistils dammit. Not pistols.

4 Likes

Like @THCeed says, don’t use treated wood. Don’t want those toxins in your plants. The blocks on the corners are super handy, from HD. 2x12’s fit perfectly into the slots. Fill the bed up with good soil. When i need to fill big beds, I order by the ton from Minnick Materials. They have a bunch of soils, compost, premixed stuff, and other garden materials in bulk. For a reasonable delivery fee, they will dump it in your driveway.

5 Likes

Man, I’ve actually heard that purple/pink pistils are only shown on billboards, but I don’t know what exactly influences that.

4 Likes

Those are looking awesome!! So healthy! I see those lowers making their move. :rofl:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Haha. Heck yes :+1:

2 Likes

I have 6 raised garden beds that are 30" tall. It’s nice not bending over but when your growing trees in them your tie down game needs to be on point

4 Likes

I have 1 bed that’s about that height. I have peppers and tomatoes in that one. It’s a pain with stretchy indeterminates.

3 Likes

I have to remove the shells from these 6 - 30" beds as they’re galvanized and non coated so need that paint them to avoid any leaching. I found this out after from my neighbor. I was just excited and wanted to get them planted. Unfortunately my asparagus and rhubarb are growing very well this year in the 1 bed and didn’t want to disturb them but health is happiness

3 Likes

Torrential rain this morning. Plants seem okay with it.

~40 days

17 Likes

Surprised those things haven’t floated away…we’re getting hammered out here in the south east part of the state. My pond is full…so that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

OKC got hammered last night. Not tornadoes. Very heavy rain, hail and wind. Hope everyone is safe out there.

3 Likes

We had small hail here, but didn’t damage anything. Lots of lightning and thunder.

3 Likes

I put the male in the compost.

Included individual pics to show heights.

~41 days

Scoutcicle 1 (left)

Scoutcicle 2

Starting from far left
Afghan 1

Afghan 2

Afghan 3

Afghan 4

Afghan 5 (far right)

18 Likes

It’s been two days of a real turd floater out here.

2 Likes

The storms last night fired up over here. Crazy lightning show but not too much precip. I saw the big red blob heading east. Looked like it was dumping over your way.

4 Likes

Yep, hammered again last night.

2 Likes