Tracker's garden

Where you located? Im between Yukon and Mustang.

1 Like

Definite seeds forming on the Scoutcicles.

Everything is starting to have smells when rubbing the flowers. A couple of them are starting to feel sticky.

~42 days

17 Likes

We didn’t get crap up north! I think my dog sprays more water after getting a drink than what fell on us last night.

2 Likes

Out here around Paris Texas and Hugo.

3 Likes

Hey @Tracker
Is your outside girls doing this?

This ismy second outside grow with any conviction. But it dont seem like it should be flowering like that. I have five plants outside. All are about three plus feet tall. All put out within a couple days of each other about two weeks ago. Thats the only plant that has buds like that already. What do you think.

7 Likes

How old were they when you put them out? What light schedule were they on before you put them out?

I just have autos going now.

In previous outdoor runs, if I put clones outside that had been on a long day schedule indoors, they always start to flower, and then reveg. Some do it worse than others.

If they are from seed, you have about 3 weeks to veg them indoors before putting them outdoors in Spring without starting to flower. If they reach sexual maturity before going outside, they staet to flower, then reveg.

5 Likes

Probly what my problem is. I did the same thing last year. I put them out in early may. I waited until the last week in may this time. They were on 24 hrs light before i started showing them real sun. Then i put them out. They were sexually mature too. At least with pre flower.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen with a Ghost Train Haze plant this year. It had started to flower and then reveged and produced some funky looking leaves. I had not noticed that it had started to flower so I was worried that the genetics were begining to “drift” because of several generations of feminizing seed. Turns out that I just need new eye glasses. :rofl:

5 Likes

Plants looking happy getting blasted by full sun in 93F temps.

@joheimgrohen the Scoutcicles have beautiful purple flowers and very nice citrus/fruity aroma. Getting sticky.

@Kasper0909 the Afghanis are getting more and more aromatic. Kind of skunky, herbal, pine.

Pics in the morning.

Scoutcicle 1 (left)

21 Likes

Ya that sounds like pretty much what I’m getting on the smell maybe a little sweet in there. That scoutsicle is beautiful. :star_struck:

2 Likes

The picture doesn’t do it justice. The flowers look deep rich purple to the eye.

4 Likes

~45 days

Today will be another hot day 98F is the forecast high. It usually measures a little higher than that on my backyard temp sensor. Looks like the temps will be in the upper 80’sF with clouds for a couple of days. Then, into the 90’sF with full summer sun for a long stretch.

I haven’t been supplementing with any salt nutes for the past few weeks. They’ve just been eating on compost. I see some signs of deficiency on a couple of the Afghanis, so I mixed up a heavy feed batch this morning. Compared to previous outdoor gardens, this is much less supplementation than I normally do. I just wanted to see how well they would do when relying more on compost for feed.

5 gal h2o
1 Tbsp MaxiGro
1 Tbsp MaxiGro
1 tsp EasyWeed
10mL CalMag+
Adjust pH down with ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

The feed is applied in a ring around each plant at the extent of the perimeter of its canopy. 5 gals divided between 7 plants, so a little less than 3/4 gallon per plant. Then, I gave a good soaking to the rest of the bed with tap water.

18 Likes

And my peppers are throwing down too…

22 Likes

I start spraying cal mag folar feed around day 5 of sprouting above the soil. For me the seedlings never go yellow or get any
Weird growth or stunting. Sometimes I spray 1/4 strength folar spray on them as there popping through the soil. Never had one due I just like to give them extra boost during the early stages…don’t quote me on that anyone I don’t want you to try it and mill your good seedlings. But if you have spare seedlings try it when they germinate and see the difference

2 Likes

I didnt think to mention that I included 1/4 strength nutrient mix in my IPM sprays, which haven’t been applied for the past 2 to 3 weeks now, but from early veg through the start of bud formation I do apply those sprays every 1 to 2 weeks as weather permits.

1 Like

An old grower got me doing it about 30 years ago. So glad I listened to him. Even though the plants still look great good I’ll still folar feed. Your plants have a really nice healthy shade of green

2 Likes

What nutes are you using, can’t remember if you said…and I started following late? Those look so dam healthy; I’m Jealous. Just for shits I tried Osmocote, slow release ferts, in a coco hempy once and it produced very healthy plants and nice buds…smoked very decent. It was the easiest grow I ever did…literally just added water every day. No PH, no mixing nothing.

3 Likes

Read HERE.

If you search this thread for MaxiGro or MaxiBloom you’ll find several posts talking about feed applications.

The soil is the same soil I’ve been using for a long time. I mix in a good bit of kitchen scrap compost in the spring time.

1 Like

Dam bro! Checking out your 22’ grow. Dam fine :ok_hand:
Must get nerve racking around harvest time?
My paranoia would of gotten the better of me

4 Likes

Ha! Yeah, on that garden I wanted to see what was possible from a little patch of dirt. They got bigger than I expected.

4 Likes