Tracker's garden

@Kasper0909 @joheimgrohen beans are cookin!

Scoutcicle 1 (left) this is my preference of the two so far. It has slightly more vigour early on, little better structure, like the aroma better - but really they are very similar.

Afghani 7 (far right) this is my favorite of the Afghani for size, structure, and aroma. There is quite a bit of variation in these.

19 Likes

Definately seeds in there. :grin: ya the variation seems pretty crazy, been all types poppin up. :rofl:

2 Likes

I suppose as different people grow it out, they will steer their selections.

I’m liking the autos early season, then photos late season. This size of plant is much easier to take care of, and you see the fun part way more quickly, at least outdoor anyway.

7 Likes

Ya I 100% agree. They just get it done, hardly any maintenance and sometimes they surprise you and knock your roof off.

3 Likes

Im glad you guys mentioned the variation of those Afghanis. I have been getting all different sizes. I thought I was doing it wrong ( I dont know shit about autos ). However, they are great little plants. Very fast growers. Definately a great plant to fill in space in early spring. :rainbow:

3 Likes

No bucket truck needed for tending and harvesting this year. :joy:
Last season your outdoor was a monster crop. I don’t blame you for going smaller this year

Beautiful garden brotha, Hope youre having a great weekend! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Me neither. I’m liking it from the gardening perspective.

Coming down the home stretch in September/October and beyond gets overwhelming with maintaining the garden, harvest, dry/trim, shucking seeds. I’ve still got seeded branches from last season’s outdoor in mesh bags waiting to be shucked.

This is way more manageable for sure.

6 Likes

And it looks purty too.
Nice garden, brother. Really top notch.

3 Likes

~46 days

Scoutcicle 1 (left)

Scoutcicle 2

Afghani 1 (far left)

Afghani 2

Afghani 3

Afghani 4

Afghani 5 (far right)

24 Likes

~47 days

Pic at dusk. Gave them another solid feeding. They seemed to respond well to the last one. I wanna make sure the seeds are fat and healthy, and the buds are as fat and triched out as they can be.

22 Likes

Looking great, filling out nicely :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Crazy all the different sizes but looks pretty much like the same bud structure throughout. I was skeptical that these were actually f1 when I f2’d them but they definately seem very f2 ish from what I think I know. :joy: Im wondering tho if these are actually Afghani Kush tho because the pictures of the Afghani Kush I’ve found seem very similar to some I’ve finished.

3 Likes

What was the original source of the beans? It may have been a ruderalis hybridized with an Afghani, and then slectively bred to be an autoflower with Afghani characteristics, but who knows? All the true Afghanis I’ve seen are photoperiod only and there are quite a few distinct varieties from within Afghanistan that are referred to on the outside just as “Afghani”.

4 Likes

It might be a cross with an “Afghanica”. I had one from Tajikistan from 1983 ish. It was shorter than most afghani. Just for reference, here is your afghan auto in front of a Pakistan Valley from WOS.

11 Likes

That’s just it, the person I got the seeds from just needed them remade as he said they were one of his most popular seeds. He didn’t have much info on them other than he got them from someone named Paul Prokoski. Which I have no idea who that is.

3 Likes

Nice! Out on the wild! :+1:

2 Likes

Actually searching Afghani auto seeds pictures I came up with several that look similar.
Here’s an example. Allot of them use this same picture for the afghani #1 auto.

I guess they are both sensiseeds

3 Likes

Do you still like the inkbird tds meter…thinking of getting one?

Also, curious …do you get a lot of dew on the grass at night even on a very hot and sunny day? I’m not used to seeing the grass so wet in Jun after the sun goes down when it’s not been raining and hot during the day. Last night my grass was very wet and in the garden a lot of the tomatoes, lettuce etc had water on the leaves. It didn’t rain yesterday and was about 90F out here in the East part of the state. How does one grow outdoors and not get bud rot?

1 Like

Yes. It’s reasonable price and does the job. I haven’t used it in quite a while because I just know how much nutrient I need to get about what ppm I need.

No. I suppose it could have something to do with humidity in the air condensing on the cool surface of the plant. Was the humidity in the air high?

I usually see dew in the morning, but not at night. If the humidity is high and the dew point is high, it might get condensation on the plants as the plant surface cools down quickly after sunset.

That’s my guess anyway.

1 Like

I believe it was like today yesterday…about 55-60%. It’s 83F @ 51% percent with a 64F dew point at noon here. Lets see what it looks like tonight.

2 Likes