Tracker's garden

With such a small sample size (4 plants) it could have gone either way. If it was 100 plants with 25/75 F/M, then that would raise an eyebrow.

5 Likes

Are you making beans? Or trying for seedless.

3 Likes

Beans fo sho! Pollinating with BDSLH male from @MNGrower.
claro-que-si-don-ramon-3514232509

12 Likes

@BigMike55 I kept the CJ male I like best as a backup in case the BDSLH male dies on me. I’ll put females in the ground tomorrow, and let them grow up a little more to see structure, vigour, and smell stem rubs before I cull the extras.

9 Likes

Good morning brotha :coffee: :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

They’ll recover in a heartbeat once in the raised beds. I was hoping you’d get a male from the DD to work with, but females are just as good. I’m stoked to see the offspring with BDSLH on them.

Are you fully pollenating the females or partially in order to get some smoke off a branch or two.

1 Like

There should be lots of seeds. I’ll keep the male going for a week or two of female flower formation, then into the compost.

3 Likes

Nice! Hope you get to try some smoke off the females too and get the best of both worlds.

1 Like

Awesome, that isn’t too bad of a ratio :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

ooooooo I can’t wait to see what the BDSLH x DD will do :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m excited about all the crosses in this run. Everything is from seeds made by OG’s only.

13 Likes

God I love this :ok_hand:.
I want to try and get some of my PPP branches prego with already collected pollen, probably the yogi.
Haven’t done much looking into when to apply it. When do you throw pollen at em?

6 Likes

To be honest, I have only run bought seeds a few times e. The rest were from OG folks. And I have to say, I have not been too disappointed in any of my runs. Always good plants and always dam good reefer.

5 Likes

Like 2 weeks into flower formation, when they have lots of white pistils, and they still have plenty of time (6 weeks or more) for the seeds to mature

6 Likes

21 days is the rule

4 Likes

Day 18-21 for me.

3 Likes

Transplanted into the raised bed…

The zinnias are making tons of flowers…

San Marzanos ripening…

Bunch of peppers…

16 Likes

2 days after transplant. Looking good. Can already see new growth.

BDSLH male and an extra female I couldn’t bring myself to throw out.

Chunky Junky male

17 Likes

Just saw a post from @sungrowngenetics_ on IG, website sungrowngenetics.net. They were hit hard by the wildfires in CA. Take a minute to check out their website. Lots of good stuff. I’ve grown out several things from them that I bought from the lower priced untested seeds. They were all good.

7 Likes

Heck yeah :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

A few of the plants are really taking off. A young tree volunteered up near the bad, and it gives partial shade to the left side of the bed from about 1:30pm until sunset. The plants on that side seem to be doing much better. The right side of the bed is in full blast sun until the partial shade gets to them by around 4 pm. With the 100F+ days we’ve had for the past week, I think the plants getting more sun are stressed, and they haven’t taken the transplant as well. They seem stunted.

10 Likes