Treating Animals with Cannabis

So sorry to hear of your loss of Jess looked like such a sweet dog! I too lost our family dog " Simon " to a massive lump in his chest which we think was probably cancerous as well , earlier this year. We decided as a family that putting him down was the best thing for him . Tinytuttle which for me was his alternative name I’v had given him will always be with me !

8 Likes

It was painful watching her deteriorate daily. She always had a slight hip problem but she was always really active. It was only 8 weeks from noticing a slight limp to her being unable to get up and go outside without assistance. I had options of having her leg removed and chemotherapy but she was too big to live without her front leg and I’ve seen how chemotherapy can make you so Ill so in my opinion it was our only option.
Hopefully we don’t see this thread being reopened very often but the support the OG members have giving me helped massively. :heart:
Thanks everybody.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @Tinytuttle.
Cancer in any form is a hard road to go down.
He was a beautiful looking pup mate.
I also have a llhasa apso and it’s only been one night without his playmate. I’m gonna have to lavish all the attention on him as he knows something isn’t right. They used to sleep together on same bed so he will at some point let us know he’s missing her.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. This is one of the most difficult parts of owning animals. They become one of the family. You did the right thing, now time to treat yourself with cannabis.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a better source for CBD, because $30+ / gram is a scam and a half

3 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX. Yeah I have my own health problems I’m trying to “fix” cppd. I’ve got the night time covered but medication for the day time while I’m at work is my main goal to try and cut out the codine phosphate and tramadol. I’m not far off flipping my girls to 12/12 and the one strain that’s getting the most attention is my Charlotte’s angel strain. I’m hoping on vaping that during the day and once I read up a little on how to produce some kind of cream I’ll also apply it to my knees to see if it helps any.

3 Likes

Yeah I paid £30 for 2 10ml bottles of 5% cbd oil. It was buy one for 29.99 and you got the 2nd one for a penny. I think it converts to around $40 for 10ml. It’s a rip off but you can’t really put a price on your own health

1 Like

That seems to be the going price for isolate nowadays. Of course I see it in the head shops now. Makes me question the source/cleanliness.

1 Like

I found a source nearby for trimmed and lab tested buds, $750/lb for ~12-15% CBD. Should work out to <$.02 per mg after extraction.

Been bullshitting because it’s a six hour round trip, but it hurts my soul to see people paying a 1500% markup on a product they need, to reduce their pain and suffering.

@ReikoX yeah. Was looking for a kilo of CBD isolate with my taxes this year and best price I found was 9 stacks

4 Likes

So very sorry for your loss! She is at peace now. Love and light and hugs

2 Likes

I have been away a tear just came to my eye I feel for you brother. My sincere condolences.

1 Like

Thank you F.N. She’s no longer in pain so although I’m missing her terrible I think I did the best thing for her

2 Likes

A new tumor popped up this week on my Jezebel’s ear. I’m really bummed. I removed a huge mast cell tumor in January from her tail and two other small ones off her side and leg. She is about 10 years old now. I truly hope the ear tumor grows slowly (I don’t think it can be removed and I’m not cutting off her ear). My hope is that her cancer will stay on her skin and not get into her internal organs and she will die with cancer and not from it. Any suggestions with CBD for tumors?

3 Likes

I’m so sorry meesh. We just have to do whatever is best for our furry family. Like I said I was giving “options” but for me they were not options at all so I did the only thing that I could to stop any further suffering.

3 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, the option was chemo following the last operation. Not an option for me either. Luckily, she seems so unfazed at this point. She gets weird when I want to look at it though, she knows what it is. We’ll just have to ride it out until we can’t anymore. It still breaks my heart.

3 Likes

I found that when I gave jess cbd oil that her apatite increased and she seemed to sleep a lot better and for longer when medicated with it.

2 Likes

I’ve just been reading the thread and saw that ur dog was not doing too well it’s devastating Bro I’m really sorry to hear about her all I can send r well wishes I av a big dog too only five there like ur children aren’t they good luck

1 Like

Unfortunately she’s no longer with us @Doobie. I had her put to sleep last week when she could no longer get into her feet on her own mate. I’m obviously devastated but I did the best thing for her. It was too painful to watch her struggling like she was. Thanks for the nice comment though mate. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m gutted for u mate

this is buster my Bezzie mate don’t no what I’d do man he does everything I ask he’s a real good temperament especially Wi my 1 yr old he’s a great dog so I cant even imagine how u feel chin up Bro she’s not in pain mate and u did the right thing man all my best

5 Likes

My dog seems to be on her way out as well now. She almost passed in her sleep a couple weeks ago and today she’s had a good amount of slips into dementia and has been shaking heavily during them. I’m keeping her happy and comfortable for as long as I can. I might only have 2 weeks left with her now.

I saved all the leaves from my last pruning and they’ve been sealed in a jar in the fridge the whole time. I took a leaf out and gave it to her wrapped around some chicken and so far so good. I’m ordering more CBD isolate tonight.

IDC what I have to do. If I have 14 days left with her I’ll make the most out of it and keep her so happy and comfortable she’ll not be looking so terrified when she wakes up again. That breaks my heart. She’s already dealing with a lot of issues and that is 1 more than I can help with now.

Wish her luck. I’m hoping the CBD and the leaves help her. The time that she ate my weed was the first time she ever consumed anything from cannabis. She was free of issues for 3 days and her eye swelling went down. She isn’t in pain on the inflammation site, but I keep it clean to be safe. She’ll scratch at it all day to try and remove the eye boogers and she makes her tearduct bleed if I let her. Now she’s used to me going near her eye and I don’t have to headlock her to safely clean her eye. It warms my heart to see her so happy once she can see out of both eyes again each time every day.

If I let her in the grow room she never wants to leave. I have to really motivate her to get off the chair in there. I love that stoner dog, but I won’t let her suffer if nothing I can do for her helps.

I’ll miss her when she’s gone, but I’ll eventually feel better after the initial grief. She won’t get unsick. I can only make her last moments as comfortable as possible however I can.

So far the leaf is helping a lot noticably. She stopped shaking and is now looking more steady when she holds her head up.
I’m glad I could do something for her as I couldn’t bear to watch her like that today.

4 Likes