Treating Animals with Cannabis

So far so good. I just checked on her once my tearduct started throbbing. No relation, but I was always like my old dog Bo. When someone had something I usually felt pain in a similar region when around them. I use them as cues to when I should check on daisey now.

She’s a relaxed, calm, and no anxiety or hand shyness rn. I’m glad as it broke my heart to watch her scared when initially pet. She sleeps so deep that when startled she only looks with the one eye. If she can’t smell you as family she barks at you. Now she’s all happy and calm. No nausea or signs of discomfort now. I’m happy she’s feeling better rn and it gives me a little hope she’ll improve, but even if not it tells me I can make her last days comfortable with something as simple as a pot leaf and that gives me comfort knowing I can do something to help. She doesn’t appear to be in any pain RN either. When I had her get up from a laying position she didn’t appear to have any difficulty, though she does sleep on her side rotating her hips now instead of with both back paws flat on the ground.

I had her sit to get some good pics to see how she’s handling everything.

She’s still a bit pitiful, but way more improvement than a hour ago. My pic of her in my last post was a candid I took a couple weeks ago. I just shot these. She went from full droopy dog to this in just a hour after the potleaf was eaten with some chicken.

She’s even telling me when she has to go out loud now. No more stifled whining and going into a corner to pee and poo. :grin:

Edit: I just took her out until she begged to go back home and ran back so fast I just let go of the leash once it was clear she was gunning straight back to the living room here. I let her wander around q little bit before going out. Now she’s so happy it brings tears to my eyes.

She is showing a full 180 again like when she had eaten my weed and something CBD helped with mildly, but nothing close to this. I really hope this isn’t temporary, but I’ll take giving her as many good days as I can before she’s with Bo. She’d love him. As she gets older she reminds me more of him every day. I’ve only had 1 AB other than her who smiled genuinely like that.with that cyst forming on her paw and the spots forming on her skin the likeness is getting uncanny. If reincarnation is real I’d say that Bobo found his way back to me after 3.5 years. :heart: I’d love it if I could even have a brief moment with him again. It sucks what happened, but I still miss him every day. It looks to be the same way with Daisey here. The grief never fully goes away. At least I have comfort knowing I’ll always remember her in all her good and bad. I still remember everything I’ve ever done that made her eyes light up for the first time. Bo always did want to be a girl. He loved to dress up and kept bugging me if he wasn’t playing with me.

6 Likes

I guess I should have made a whole new post seeing the full edit. :man_facepalming:t2: Ah well.
I’m just so happy seeing her sleep without adjusting her body and even jumping up on the recliner there posing for pics after she realized I’m taking some.

2 Likes

Hi there I’m send all the well wishes in the world sorry it’s a late reply I’ve been a little busy but it’s nice to c that from the first fphotos to the last from u giving a bit of weed the calmness and whole persona has changed its certainly seems something easing her hope u stay well good luck

3 Likes

Thank you! :grin: She’s knocked out cold now. I can’t wake her if I tried. I called her name, called her a good girl in a baby voice, scratched her ears, pet her neck, scratched her back, pet her chest, gave her kisses, and even butt scritches.
Nothing woke her. Just snoring away unfazed.

It’s been over a year since I’ve seen her this happy and comfortable. It’s gotten to the point where I hesitate to bring company over as she looks so awful and sad usually.

Now I have motivation to keep growing no matter how I can manage even if I can’t grow indoors here again. IDC how, but I’ll be keeping her supply of fresh leaves going for as long as she’s alive and happy with them.

3 Likes

Yrs I’d do the exact same if u think it’s working I wouldn’t change a thing chin up its so difficult when there I’ll I can’t imagine what ur going thru do u av no one who u could maybe get some high cbd drops for under the tongue it maybe just what ur needing but if not like I said I stick with it

1 Like

For CBD I buy lab tested isolate with cannabis derived terpenes added. They now have nano encapsulated CBD too, so I might try both and see what she responds best to.
I use Infinite CBD

I don’t buy pet drops just to be safe. I don’t see lab tests on those. For 35.05 I can get her a gram of 99% pure CBD isolate. The other percent is variable based on the batch with some offering CBD-V for the rest of the fraction of percentage left.
That’s after shipping and taxes btw for non bulk

1 Like

When my dog is happy, I feel like the best person that walked the earth. I wish I could live up to how great my dog thinks I am. I can’t even tell you how many tears of joy my dog has brought me. I’m so grateful for her.

3 Likes

She woke up from a nap her nap and now she’s just watching TV with me as she drifts off to sleep again

2 Likes

I found the cbd helps them relax and they get a really good much needed deep sleep when medicated with it. It really helps in that way. I know cbd has cancer fighting properties but I think with me it was too little too late. I’ve since started giving my Lhasa apso it as sort of a prevention. It chills him right out.

2 Likes

I know she’s been exposed to cannabis smoke in hotbox ppm for 5 years now, but it’s only been 2 years since I started to give her any.
Her fur has a sheen today that she lost awhile ago from age. :thinking:
I remembered the leaves had something in them, but to see this much improvement from just 1 must mean there’s a decent amount of cannabinoids in the fan leaves.

1 Like

The leaves have some THCA and lots of micronutrients. Look into juicing cannabis for a full list of benefits. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I was thinking if juicing them today actually LoL :ok_hand:
She’s being stubborn and doesn’t want to eat the leaf today even with chicken

She’s doing good even without it anyways

3 Likes

I’ll have to get more leaves. The ones in the fridge have started to ferment a little in the jar. I gave her a low dose gummy with CBC, CBG, CBD, CBN, and THC.

I had to force feed it to her.

This might be my last day with Daisey. She’s not eating, is extremely lethargic, very confused, her hips went this morning, and she’s constantly whining.:disappointed_relieved:

IDC if she has an accident on my couch or bed. If this is my last day with her I’m going to make the most of it.

The fall she had the other week could be part of this too. She got a mild concussion that she recovered from after I kept in eye on her for 24 hours.

Hopefully the gummy helps her.

I made it 10mg THC, but I may have fucked up and made it closer to 5mg max. Those who’ve tried them tell me it feels like 2mg. I like them personally, but maybe I’m odd

1 Like

:cry: This is heartbreaking. You just got to keep her as comfortable as you can until the end. My thoughts are with you @OniTenshu.

2 Likes

@Esrgood4u I just put all her symptoms together and she has late stage kidney failure. She’s always had issues with blood in her urine on and off and this time it appears it’s not going away.

I’ll take as many pics as I can today. At least 1 has to be good to frame. I’ll give her some omeprazole to help her stomach. She keeps puking bile and foam up.

The pic here tells me even if only very temporary she’s getting relief from the gummy I gave her before she puked it up.

2 Likes

Unfortunately these are my final moments with her.
I was able to get her to eat yesterday with the help of Coconut oil, peanut butter, and honey. Today she’s turning her nose up at it. Coconut oil is the 1 thing that she will freak over. Peanut butter is usually another. She loves sugar even though I keep it away from her usually. The honey is a compromise even if it was her last meal. :disappointed_relieved:

I was able to feed her some popcorn last night at Least.

She was unfortunately hyperventilating all night and morning. She still is.

Now I’m going to cuddle with her pee covered butt. I only have a couple hours at best left now. She unfortunately had a accident in her sleep. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I feel for you. I have no idea how I will take it when my guy is ready to go. He is going to be 14 in June and is already starting to show his age.

1 Like

I wound up with another day with her, but I’m not comfortable with the cost. I’ll scrape together the cash and get it done before she’s back to not moving, puking constantly, and peeing straight blood

2 Likes

What cost are you referring to? The "Vet’ cost?

2 Likes

No. That’s just 200. It’s keeping her in pain with little to no relief until I can get the cash. My mom is also helping out, so it Hopefully won’t be too long

1 Like