TrevorLahey's Trailer Park 2020

Day 45

Big defoliation today. Things are just too crowded in here and humidity has been way too high. This should help.

This one plant, Dark Devil x Sugar Black Rose, hasn’t been liking the higher dosages of maxi as of late and the resulting runoff ec has spiked quite a bit. It’s definitely the weightier plant too but I’m also at the point where she should still finish just fine despite being burnt all to hell.

Before defoliating her I noticed the damage was only on the top 6 inches or so of her, which leads me to believe there is a bit of photo toxicity going on. I raised my light to the max but its still pretty close.

After defoliation:

Just gonna give her another lower dose around 1.4ec in a day or two to get her runoff back to something safe for her. The rest seem ok, a little tip burn but nowhere near this one plant.

14 Likes

I’m starting to notice that in my beds as well with the health of my volunteers this year I’m not 100% but almost seems on par with hydro growers with the rate of growth I’m experiencing !

5 Likes

Was the light burned plant under the Bridgelux light?

I keep getting the same problem in the veg tent, I know someone who has a 350w driver with 16 strips light, and he says he can run it 3 inches above his plant’s no problem. I guess it must be a strain dependant problem mostly, Mr Sparkle has been having similar issues as well.

6 Likes

Yes sir. I already turned down the panels to 125w each but raised em as high as they’d go yesterday.

I’m sure its not just light, the main cause is the high ec in the media, the light is just speeding up the damage via photosynthesis.

When this round ends I’m going back to smaller containers and all automatic watering and salt buildup shouldnt be an issue anymore. Just gotta get through this round.

8 Likes

Love the step-by-step pics!!!

3 Likes

Yeah I am coming to that conclusion myself, as I don’t seem to get it in my flower room, I have what appears to be two stable plants in veg atm, I am letting them grow closer to the light, to see if and when they start to get any light damage.

2 Likes

Stopped in at the Grow OP Shop @Shadey recommended today, but they had no cover crop in stock. The guy said hes putting an order in but not sure if I’ll make it back down that way any time soon. Pretty chill staff there too picked up some mychorizzae powder and some 1/2" tubing for another project I’m working on.

3 Likes

Yeah the wife won’t go with me if I am planning to go there, as I usually end up chatting, for a couple of hours lol.

That’s a bummer, I can send you some white clover in the post, I still have about a 1/3 of a pound. Save you spending a fortune on little packets of seeds. I think I still have your addy.

6 Likes

Hold onto them at least for now I still have a few places to try that I plan on visiting this week anyway.

And yeah not wanting to pay a fortune for something that is literally 50% of my lawn… lol not sure when it blooms or if it’s even viable to harvest seeds from it for the bed but my yard gets FILLED with the stuff.

I brought my entire family with me today and I had no idea… they waited a while in the car not amused. But its like that at all the grow shops I’ve been to and I appreciate that level of service. Hell I even told the guys in there today how much I appreciate them staying open and working during this pandemic because gardening is essential for so many people for so many reasons.

3 Likes

Ok, but don’t hesitate to shout for them if your struggling, Halifax Seed does big bags of them as well, I got my alfalfa from them.
I have had clover flower in my pots, got some alfalfa flowering in the veg tent pots atm, I was thinking the other day if I should rub them with a cotton bud, and see if I can make seeds…

2 Likes

Co-op run of cover crops for the whole OG family.

This made me laugh thinking of crawling around yard looking for seeds!

5 Likes

@Shadey
I found clover!! Is it normal to buy coated seed like this? It was bulk so idk. Havent bought it before.

Also, pretty cool picture lol

6 Likes

Mine are not covered in anything, how big is that bag, my seeds are minuscule.

3 Likes

That’s a 2.5lb bag there and yes they are extremely small even with the coating on them they are tiny.

I bought them from a feed supply store for $8/lb I suppose they are used for grazing crops. I forgot to ask if they had alfalfa too but one could assume since it’s also a grazing crop.

More info:

3 Likes

Yes, I picked up some ‘micro’ clover last month. They were coated in generic gray & much smaller.
Wow Shadey! An original IBM keyboard… Been a ‘dog’s age’ since I laid eyes one of those…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Stole it from Hewlett Packard when I worked there in the 90’s, they dont make them like this anymore, nice solid keyboard.

4 Likes

Wow good buy for $8 a real bargain.

1 Like

https://www.pggwrightsonseeds.com/science-and-innovation/seed-treatment

More interesting info on seed coating. You learn something new every day!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, shall we see in the future coated marijuana seeds? frech|nullxnull

2 Likes

You know I was thinking the same thing. Alot of benefits to something like this. I recently had to throw out a ton of vegetable seeds and flower bulbs that I had (improperly) stored and they had rotted. A coating would have helped with that for sure. It was a reminder to keep my cannabis seeds properly stored so they stay good for years to come.

3 Likes