Tripl3fastaction Tries New Things Perpetually

My climate wasn’t bad (68f/60%) but I was using veg tent to dry, and I didn’t like the hiccup that put into the schedule. I could generally go 10 days drying but everything in the tent needed to be harvested at once basically, so I could clean out veg tent to turn into drying tent.

They aren’t drinking much, so I’m hand watering. Saturate them first thing in the morning and let them dry out for 23 hours. Different life stage plants on the same res is going to create issues no doubt.

2 Likes

I’m currently doing this with half the room. I think they’re pretty done, but I’m kind of stalling and deciding on a couple things. I was looking for a small (smaller than the smallest big box store) dehumidifier on amazon for the small room I use for drying/curing. A regular sized dehumidifier is a bit too overpowered and just cycles on/off to much - and it would probably just cook the plants. Winter is a lot easier.

2 Likes

Just wanted to close this out. All seeds were from OG seed runs.

Romulan - both plants hermed and I didn’t catch, both are pretty seeded. Some pine after dry. I’ll turn it into RSO.

Jew Gold 1974 - easy to grow, pretty typical kush type aroma/stone. I’m sure there is some good stuff in here if you search.

Durban - I had a couple chunky top buds that showed botrytis inside. Literally first time I’ve had that issue. Tossed those but all else seems okay. 14 days in the Cannatrol. Can’t tell you what it smells like but the stone is different, hits me a bit behind the eyes, must be the thcv. Not heavy but enjoyable.

Thanks for looking

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! This is a cool selection of strains and it looks like you did them solid

2 Likes

I need a place to park some pics so turning this journal into my perpetual thread I guess and I edited the thread title to reflect.

Right now I’m growing a batch of clones that I purchased this past Spring from @JohnnyPotseed . They are feeding from a common reservoir so it’s almost impossible to keep them all happy, but they’ve kept going like champs. D40 average since flip.

White Rhino

Sour Diesel (AJ cut)

Thx for looking!

12 Likes

Looks like you gotta heckuva nice crop coming along there, my friend. Enjoy them lovely plants!

4 Likes

Another 5 days, the leaf necrosis on the JK’s has mostly stopped. NL, WR, and SD all doing well. I am growing the smallest Frankenstein in history, it’s far back right. I was afraid of it getting big so purposely kept it small but it’s doing fine. Starting backing off the Part B last week and replacing with some Calcium Chloride. No real change yet, running about 1g/g.

11 Likes

Nice plants and nice labeling! Definitely helps to pick out the strains

1 Like

the smallest Frankenstein in history, love it! :rofl:

1 Like

D55 on average. Boy, this has turned ugly :grin:. I have sucked this round. The Jenny Kush and Frankenstein have not liked my approach and are looking pretty sketchy, but there will be a harvest. Sour D, NL2 and White Rhino doing okay, all things considered. I’ll get them dialed in if I ever mono crop them.

Sour D

NL2

White Rhino

Jenny Kush

Frankenstein with poor JK in background.

5 Likes

Looking good dude, some big colas in there :call_me_hand:.

Do you have an idea of what went wrong? Just too hard to keep so many varieties happy at once?

2 Likes

Not really sure what I’d try next on the Jk. I’m growing 2 of them and they both look the same, and the mother’s fan leaves will occasionally spot up on me despite the rest of the plant looking good.

I’m not one to really believe in “burning” them, at least in rockwool (assuming I do at least a half -assed job of getting runoff). So the first thing I’d probably do next time is …. feed a higher EC :grin:. Only one of two things could happen, right?

The NL and the White Rhino are traditionally easier plants to grow, I could give them less of everything and they’d look better, not sure they’d smoke better though.

I’ve heard Sour D can be temperamental, but she’s taking everything the best. Oh, I’m feeding about 2.3EC now, 5.6-5.7 ph. Block EC is 4-8, depending on moisture level. I didn’t get it stacked as well as I should’ve, and that’s probably impacting things too.

It’s my first time with clones since I started back 3 years ago, I need to do a better job stacking the EC since they are mature vs my usual from seed run and I can stack more as they mature during stretch (I’d usually flip at 30-40 days).

Or I probably just fuck3d up something :grinning:.

3 Likes

D63 of 12/12.
They haven’t had any N for about 2.5 weeks. I’ve substituted 1g per gallon of calcium chloride for the Jacks Part B, and running the 0-12-26 Part A. I’m surprised they aren’t more ragged, so I’m learning from this. Foxtailing from light/heat I’m guessing.

NL2, about that time

White Rhino, I’m a bit scared about this cuz it’s a pop can sized cola about 12” tall.

Sour Diesel, still a ways to go

Jenny Kush, has held on and bulking

And my Neglected Frankenstein is still going to bless me.

Thx for looking.

5 Likes

D69 of 12/12. Took down the JK front right, wasn’t done but the sugar leaves were going.
I’ll chop the stuff on right side this week (NL2 & Frank). Left side needs another week they seem, hope they hold on. The SourD front left probably needs 2 weeks.

The -0- nitrogen is starting to show .

7 Likes

Damn. 160ppm of Cl.
I haven’t gone over 0.3g/gal with CaCl yet.

Meaning what exactly? Senescence; leaves yellowing/browning/crisping, dying, etc.?

2 Likes

Maybe the rockwool/dtw is more forgiving of that? Certainly wouldn’t recommend it for soil.

I thought I’d see a lot more “natural” type leaf drop, but they have all seemed to just hang in there. I mean, they aren’t pretty by any means, but at 10 full weeks lotsa folks would’ve pulled by now anyway. It’s been 3.5 weeks since they had any feed with reported levels of nitrogen.

Next time, I’d like to load them up during stretch then cut the N immediately, see if they’ll finish faster. But that’s going to be hard to do since I went to this staggered harvest stuff, only having the one rez and different aged plants. Oh well, new things :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

That’d be cool.

1 Like

Just for kicks, a cool fungi from my woods. It’s bright fluorescent orange.

1 Like

Kinda looks like shanterell color (I duno how to spell it). Don’t eat it based on my comment, haha.

2 Likes

Well, here we go again …. More @JohnnyPotseed clones, round 2. Feeding around 2.6EC, ph 5.6, 900ppfd. Jacks 321.

SourD front right and left, WR back left, NL2 back right.

I’m getting bored ……

4 Likes