UK chuckers unite 🇬🇧

As far as I’m aware it just needs to hit the pistils and they should shrivel up. I can’t wait to hit my pure ak with it. :+1:

2 Likes

That should do the job Cola :point_up:… i usually just dab some pollen on my pinkie-finger and rub it over the pistils of the bud im dusting, if you’re doing/seeding the full cutting then if you have a wee paint brush and just lightly “paint” the pistils or a million other ways etc bro - that’s the job done​:four_leaf_clover:…
You’ll see the pistils brown and recede into calyxes and in 4/5 weeks you’ll see the odd seed ready…
hope this helps bud…
Gaz

3 Likes

That all helps massively and I am pollinating the full cut. Is there anything I should do to avoid pollinating the others in my tent. Or does she need her own place now?

3 Likes

Spray her down with PhD water in a couple of hours. Water kills the pollen. Your able to then put her back in your grow area along with your other plants. :+1: that’s what I’ve read anyways :laughing:

3 Likes

As long as you keep it from touching the others you should be golden, after a couple of days you’ll see pistils kinda wither and brown & you will see calyxe starting to swell in two or so weeks…
I have kept my dusted buds plants in beside other plants and alls been well.!
(Tho im NO breeder mate lol) - maybe someone else can chime in … ?
Good luck with the ‘seeding’ bro ,
Gaz
Ps. Try not moving the seeded plant over the other plants ( n spill pollen etc), put it furthest away from your fan ( or turn fan off for a day or three .?!) other than this it should be a simple process mate.

3 Likes

Not a breeder either by a long shot but here are some experiences from my F2 run.

I used a cotton bud and hovered it over the bud I wanted to seed and gently tapped it. You can see the pollen fall onto the bud.

After I had pollinated all the selected branches (as I only wanted to seed one part of the plant) I left it for 10 mins to sink in lol

Then misted the surrounding area with water to bring down any lingering pollen.

As @Gaz29 said the pistils will brown off within a few days. Then by the 2 week mark I noticed swollen calyx on the buds which were way more swollen than the rest of the plant.

I believe seeds take 3-4 weeks to mature so that needs to be taken into account when pollinating.

My pollinated plant is in a room with 3 other girls and they all look unheeded.

4 Likes

I knew I’d read somewhere about misting. It imitates rainfall and when pollen gets wet it’s rendered useless :+1:

2 Likes

She’s in her new home getting used to her new environment. I’ll give her a few more days to a week and I’ll hit her with the swashbuckler pollen @Bongedtobits sent me.

She has about 8 bud sites and I plan on hitting each one twice over the space of a week :+1:

5 Likes

Exciting times ahead!

2 Likes

Yep. I can’t wait :laughing: she still has a little bit more stretching and budding to do but she’s almost ready.

1 Like

Pistils Browning off as anticipated from the knowledge you shared… jezzaberry x papi

5 Likes

Me and knowledge :joy: that will be the day

2 Likes

Should be an amazing cross your creating @anon58740919 here is us making all the f1,f2,p1 people trying to preserve genetics life harder :rofl:

2 Likes

Just thought I’d pull a couple of seeds from my F2 run. Just to have a peek.:eyes:

Still have a couple of weeks left on the plants. So hopefully they should finish nicely by then. If not I’ll partly harvest the plant. Leaving the pollinated branches.

Never been happy to see pale seeds in my bud. Was a strange feeling.

Edited to say: looks like Papi did his job :champagne:

3 Likes

Hey bro what female ( strain) are you hitting with the swashbuckler gunk .?
I have a Stardawg IX x X18 clone i can hit, or my Kaia Kush iv had since Jan 16’ ( got one just started to bud) or bottom bud-sites on a g13/Afghani#1 f2, probably hit the latter two and leave the Stardawg IX cross… I’ll see but iv got a wee wait til @Bongedtobits sends me the pollen on Monday ( tomorrow) , but enough time for some select bean making/ and spreading the few beans from each to you guys in the UK 1st and any left go elsewhere etc …
Good luck with the pollen chucking guys .,
Gaz

3 Likes

Pure ak from female seeds. They are super stinky mate. I’ve already isolated her and dabbed the pistils once today and I plan on hitting her with the remainder the end of this week just to be sure she’s pollenated. I was gonna sacrifice a sweet skunk also but my agent k and purple durban regs are looking like they are males so I’d be down 3 plants in total.

4 Likes

Jezzaberry x papi beans. As many as we’re getting. But a successful Chuck nonetheless

4 Likes

Hooray hooray hurrah. At least you managed to get a few. Congrats.

They may be gold in them there seeds!:gem:

2 Likes

I hoping that my chck with my Cuvee took. Not sure it did. Don’t think any took to both Kandy Kush.

I shall research proper pollen collection and storage and use less of the

Perhaps more research is needed to improve the viability.

2 Likes

I can’t argue it worked for me mate. Next stop is the agent k Chuck when they’re ready

1 Like