Understanding Cannabis Tolerance Breaks

Exactly!! As a firm believer in the positive medicinal and health affirming nature of cannabis, I agree with this sentiment 100. It’s a potent medicine that deserves respect, IMO. Respect to me = use w reverence and balance. I am also a long time user, started at 13 also (anyone else‘s first time involve gravity bong hits in mom and dads claw foot tub😂?)

I believe ganja has been, without a doubt, a positive influence in my life. I can also acknowledge that sometimes I lose sight of maintaining a healthy relationship w her. Like any potent medicine, there exists a fine line b/w healing consumption and detrimental over-use. She is here to teach us things. Sometimes we have to falter or fuck up in order to raise our understanding and awareness. We won’t all have the exact same dynamic or dosage for a balanced and healthy relationship. But, it’s on each of us to explore and determine for ourselves, “what does a healthy relationship w this plant medicine look like, for me?” It’s nice to have a place to talk about these things w kindred spirits. Thanks again grouchy and also a big thanks to team OG and all the diverse users that make this place so great.

4 Likes

I’ve been told, by someone in State government, that once they get the regulations agreed upon we will be able to give it away but probably not sell it without a license. Of course, there’s no guarantee that he knows what he’s talking about. I’m looking forward to being able to grow 6 plants each. That makes 12 at my house and another 12 at my son’s house. I hope and expect the cannabis prices will go down because of this eventually. The dispensaries are way too expensive for what they have to offer. Right now in New York, there’s still no where to get it legally unless you’re a medical patient with a card. I qualify but still don’t want to give the state the fee. Previously, the medical card in NY got you edibles and tinctures but no flower. NO FLOWER? What was that about.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention that we can carry two ounces in our glove compartment? I don’t know why they made that rule?

2 Likes

In Canada you can only carry 30 grams unless you are a medical user, and then it’s your monthly prescription amount. You can’t keep it in the car, as its too easy to access while driving, so it has to be kept in the trunk, the same as booze.

5 Likes

Love it man! Honestly thought about guerrilla growing on the hillside/mountainside this next outdoor season just for a little excitement.

2 Likes

When I was paying retail for weed I would yearn for tolerance breaks more often. :grin: I think maybe for a break on the pocketbook. I do look forward to how you blast off the first time lighting up after a break. Right now I look at the jars of weed and feel obligated to keep on smokin to make room for the new stuff haha.

5 Likes

I have a shit load of weed myself also have this drying
And another 2 plants to harvest :wink:

It’s one thing I stick to my guns with I do like to take the breaks,
Whole new world walking around with a clear head lol,smoke more when I’m not working sitting about bored that’s when you have to fight the feeling lol

Lookie lookie

This is inthe paper bags ancestral skunk and sweet tooth

Be a good smoke by January lol

9 Likes

Friday morning friends, Two Day Cannabis Tolerance Break in progress here!

So far, just an extra cuppa coffee instead of a hit on the little dropper bottle of Tincture.

No biggie.

:v: :green_heart: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Frosty buds and plenty of em. The Irish Rocker RAWKS! :+1: :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I’ve spoken to people that have had night sweats following a break. I also get super vivid dreams immediately. Initially they are pretty uncomfortable nightmares and then they ease off in to just strange to comprehend dreams. I also have an issue with being around recently dried bud and foliage, my airways close up and cough up clear phlegm. I had an uncle who suffered with Aspergilosis his whole life so it might be that but I think I possibly have an allergic reaction to some kind of mould from spores. So I trim my bud as soon as I take it down if I can and not after it’s been hanging for two or three weeks to circumvent that. I also get it when I bubble all my trim. I normally keep the trim open but I think the stuff on the bottom might develop slight mould and thus spores. I could be reaching here a bit though. What happens when you diagnose your symptoms on a web search. Lol.

4 Likes

So I am at 4 days no weed of any kind by the end of tonight.

Tuesday and Wednesday had a 1/2 gram of mushroom to help with sleep, but Wednesday night, the dog kept wanting out so I was woken 3 times.

Every time I woke I was in the middle of a dream. The first was about mushrooms lol, mainly because the dose I took that night didn’t kick in until after I went to bed at 11.30 and it was on my mind why it hadn’t kicked in after 3 hours.

The reason I think was because I was 4 days into my six day fast and there was not enough to switch my digestion on until I drank a pint of water with 50% green tea and a table spoon of apple cider vinegar just before going to bed.

The other two dreams were about the dog and eating. Not eating the dog lol.

I am breakfasting today at 5pm, can’t go any longer, my blood pressure has dropped low, last night it was 104 over 61 and every time I stand up or bend over quickly, I am almost blacking out. Dropped 13lbs in 5 days so far usually drop 2lbs a day so probably drop 2 more lbs today before I eat.

Feeling good apart from that, pain is low atm, mostly because of all the endorphins and reduced inflamation from fasting, so I will carry on abstaining from the weed until the pain gets to much. See if I can push it another week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

T-Break Report

Stream of consciousness…

• 0430, normal wakeup time, crabby… definitely NOT because of T-Break, haven’t even started yet!
  • 0500, still crabby, cruising the CyberSpew, news is all bad, Genius politicians raised debt limit so they can spend more money! A-holes.
  • 0600, Saintly Spouse (SS) doesn’t seem as saintly as usual, She’s bustling: Trash Day, needs to hit the curb before dawn on a freezy morning, Spring Water bottles outside too. Still dark fer chrissakes!
  • 0630, catching up with OG postings: great idea (dumb idea!), pics of luscious buds, happy growers… just what I need today. Normal time for a dropper of high proof GD tincture, not today. Rational mind sez no problem, the inner child is channeling Oliver Twist: “May I have some more pls!”
  • 0700, Venture into the cold & dark, alzheimer neighbor, who I am very fond of, stops me on the way to put out the trash and want’s to chat. Annoyed.
  • 0800, trip to the lumber yard for Grow Room Upgrade supplies, asshat bozo at the gate, sent me to Shed #7 for drywall… there is no Shed #7. Go figger. Everything expensive, counter guy says “Supply Chain.” Yeah right.
  • 1000, Home, SS out for coffee with a friend, house quiet. Beginning to regain the peaceful feeling.
  • 1100, Calm returned, realized this was going to be a hectic day anyhoo and the addition of THC rocket-fuel would not have improved things.
  • 1115: SS returned all sweet & smiley. Sun is out, wind dying down. Good day to prune the sucker shoots in the orchard. Maybe have a fire this afternoon, roasted chestnuts. Jambalaya & Caesar Salad for dinner. Glass (or two) of good Merlot in my future. Life is Sweet. Tomorrow will be a cake walk, air travel to visit Mom in SoCal.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

7 Likes

Good morning, it’s a beautiful sunny day here. Sometimes I think I’m higher when I don’t smoke for a few days. Maybe I need a longer break. Anyway, I have had the urge to smoke but easily remember not to. I think I’m catching a cold that’s been moving through the family. I know it’s a cold because the kids who have it have been tested for Covid (school rules). I’m gonna move outside now to stack some firewood that blew over from the heavy winds we’ve had. Isn’t it interesting that the high winds always come when all the oaks around my house are finally willing to drop their leaves. I’ll have to repeat this once my cold is gone. It seems easier not to smoke when sick, especially when the lungs are involved. I hope everyone is enjoying the morning, my favorite part of the day.

5 Likes

BTW, I’m thinking morning isn’t your favorite time of day. But then again, your GrouchyOldMan, so maybe this is just everyday anxiety and not related to the fast. How about the weather? I spend time on the weather channels even though they seem less accurate lately when it comes to precipitation. But it beats the distressing news. And I can predict the weather too. There’s a 50% chance of whatever? Really, a 50% chance? I have to admit, I was cursing the weather people this year when it wouldn’t stop raining. I’d look ahead and see a break from the rain but it never happened. And powdery mildew took out most of my beautiful crop in late September just before it was ready. Oh, I remember now that outdoor farming has its risks. I’ll continue to embrace the sun crops but maybe put a little less effort in next year. I hadn’t done outdoor for several years. 2020 was a great year outdoors, everything had time to finish with no mold whatsoever. So I went bigger in 2021 and lost most of it.

4 Likes

You seem to have a good understanding of fasting, but do be careful, impacts after more than a couple days can be pretty intense. Drink plenty of fluids. Do you use herbal teas at all? I like nutritive herbs like nettles, red raspberry leaf, and milky oat tops when fasting; ginseng can help regulate energy levels and one of my favorites is ginger w a healthy dose of honey:)

Nice share, seems like your rolling w punches fairly well.

I am going on day 5 today w no ganja. Still doing really, pretty well w it, all in all. Sleep however remains elusive. I get an hour or two tops, at a time. This morning was hard to get started, feeling the accumulative effects of reduced sleep I think.

4 Likes

My son and his wife used to help me trim after harvest but eventually he developed an allergic reaction and would sneeze, cough and snot up whenever he was handling it. He can still smoke, he just can’t be around when trimming. I never thought it was mold because this was indoor and the humidity, temperature and ventilation was always controlled. We’ve never researched allergic reactions, he just doesn’t help any more. And I’m retired now so I spread it out over several days choosing the ripest first.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have plenty of jars but I do need a break. I have been overindulging for some time. Two days won’t do much but at least it woke me up to the denial I’ve been playing with. I feel very high now but maybe it’s this cold I’m catching.

3 Likes

Very pretty ladies.

2 Likes

I’ve been consuming less since my previous harvest didn’t produce much. I’ve stopped dabbing at work all day, I’ll occasionally have a gummy at lunch. Then I dab and/or have a joint in the evening.

For all of you taking a tolerance break, I suggest supplementing some Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil etc.). These are used by the body to produce ebdocannabinoids.

8 Likes

I think this is good protocol regardless of the rules. A bag in your glove compartment could lead to DUIs which is how they will get you I’m sure.

3 Likes