Understanding Cannabis Tolerance Breaks

This is interesting to me I can’t remember the last time I had a dream but I think that started before I ever smoked cannabis.

3 Likes

I like heavy full bodied french reds, unfortunately since we emigrated to Canada I cant afford them lol.

Cant beat a good Cote de rhone or anything from the Rhone Valley is nice, one I have never seen here is Veraquas I loved that, it was only about $22 in the UK.

I do like a nice Italian Borrolo, there was a wonderful wine we used to get in Vieve in Switzerland on lake Geneva, can’t remember atm what its called, you could get it for about 3$ a bottle, foynd some here last year and it was $42 lol.

I make my own wine, beer and spirits now much cheaper.

4 Likes

Its funny how we fear change in life only to find it can be very beneficial. Do you think unconsciously you deliberately failed the test because you felt it an unnecessary detriment to your lifestyle.

I think sometimes our higher selves will operate to improve our lives when we get stuck in a negative situation and refuse to address it.

4 Likes

Yea, ive been working for my City for almost a year now so i quit smoking daily for almost 6 months. Id take a puff here and there, but after a year of trying, i finally landed a job at one of the medical grow ops here in Ohio. Defiantly excited to get my foot in the industry and never have to worry about piss tests again. Absoutly ridiculous people are still being denied employment for smoking weed. Almost everyone of these city guys i work with talk about getting hammered on a nightly basis then coming into work hungover, but guess thats the norm.

4 Likes

Hey blu

Any chance sensitivity to the lights ??

I find if I’m in grow area too long and lose track of time ,I go up stairs to do my thing and I getting nausea and head Aches.

This also happens to me in big box stores. Walmart’s. Costco ect…

Can’t stay in there long, it’s brings on anxiety and I just rush out of there.

I even find when fall ends and the sun goes down earlier and street lights come on, if I go from inside to out side, certain parking lots with big light poles with a certain kind of light gives me anxiety / nausea / out of body feelings ??

I should wear protective eye wears in tents.

But you could very well be sensitive to the fragrance / oils !

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s the lights in my case. I do suggest eye protection if it is bothering you. However, have you noticed that the news is suggesting that some UV light is good for the eyes.
I’m not recommending anything, so do what’s best for you.

3 Likes

Flax seed oil for vegetarians :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Figured I would make the suggestion!

I will revisit a o.g. Thread discussing proper eye wear.

I haven’t seen that in the news!

I am a odd duckling for cannabis intake.

I enjoy smoking in the mornings and all the Way to high noon!

And I’ll only smoke if I’m working and have an output for my mind and have company to be around.

If I smoke too late in the day I get racing thoughts . So I have to fill my boots in the mornings to last through afternoon and early evening.

But I haven’t smoked in 3 weeks . And I was smoking every day since April - aside from weekends because I don’t work weekend. Also if I finished a job on a Thursday, and I wasn’t back to work til Tuesday, I wouldn’t smoke inbetween it wouldn’t bother me, but come that day of work Tuesday I’d wake up feeling great, thinking I won’t smoke today, then something shitty happens and realise the day is effed and it’s going to be miserable mundane work, so blazing saddles it is.

I also wil probably not smoke from now until I go back to work in April…I’ll be consuming tinctures though :slight_smile:

I defintily get irritable the days following when I stop.

Any pain issues arise though I will Medicate for sure

3 Likes

Bud give me really bad psychosis when I smoke it. For that reason, I prefer edibles. Edibles keep me grounded, where the flower will give me out of body experiences like you mentioned. I also recommend allowing your buds to amber a bit more… that is what helps with the psychosis. But I still fly to Pluto and talk to god.
Believe it when I tell you that some crazy events have happens to me while high. I would be more concerned it it’s wasn’t also happening to friends and family.
Out of curiosity have you place and object in its usual location and it was missing when you came back for it. Then the object reapers in the exact location where you left it, either a few hours or a few days later??
Or maybe this has happen. You are in there with your ladies loosing time. Let’s say your wife comes looking for you. Do she ever tell you that you where not in there when you knew that you was. It may sound crazy, but it’s happening to most of my friends. I really think the bud is the link to the happenings. Idk.

3 Likes

I do take a couple of days break…then when I buy weed after that I promise myself to stretch 10 gram to 1week…
I end up smoking them in a day or two though…
The first two joint gives me desired high, after that I don’t bother why I smoke but I still do Lol…

Nice advice brother, i’mma take it to heart and follow it as much as I can…

3 Likes

I’ve had some really negative reactions to bud .and alot of.it is mental related and I would have to say pretty close to psychosis . I green out easily and get rushed out from sativas . Immature buds.

Edibles actually don’t react well.wwith me either. I get mushrooms type of high . I never could handle my psychedelic.

If I’m alone and smoking my mind races like crazy and I think of.crazy ideas and sometimes it gets dark. . .I’m alot more comfortable in the out doors and with close acquaintances . … perhaps that’s why I’m comfortable at work to smoke my brains out because I’ve been working at my.job.for 16 years and can do it blind folded + it’s outdoors and I’m calm and relaxed and confident in my self doing my work.

At home if I smoke while woman’s at work I feel trapped and feel like I did something bad and and dishonest - and shell.be livid that I am stoned out of my Gord lol which she usually is - as we are both recovered addicts but I still smoke cannabis to self medicate and enjoy gardening as a hobby. I just feel and understand where she’s coming from. As it’s not fair for her to come home Fromm work and me to be bombed and laughing at everything stupid and drooling and she is sober . She just knows I have my limits on what I can smoke. And every time I get too high she says why did you smoke so much! I say Its a new variety I didn’t know how strong ! lol

4 Likes

I definitely freak out when I smoke immature bud. I hate it. Most of my friends hate it as well because it freaks them out too.
My wife loves it. It doesn’t bother her at all. So sometime I will take a bit or two off young bud that I keep aside for my wife.
What I learned to do is calm myself down and think positive thoughts. I like it he paranoia, but I tell myself it’s the bud talking. So I try to move on to better thoughts.
I prefer bud that keeps me deep into my feeling, so I had to learn to deal with the negatives. I realized that most of the mental negatives come from within. The trip is the best part of getting high. Maybe try some self control. Or dive deeper until the effects don’t bother you as much. Feel free to private me.
In my situation the longer I go in between using, the worse the effects are. For real. I rarely take over a couple of hits so I don’t get weirded out.

3 Likes

Talking about fighting the feeling :rofl: fixed a friend of mines computer today he gives me this

Really want to smoke this but
I’m holding off to January it’s going into the cupboard to be honest I think I grow better weed says $40 1/8 on the jar I know my friend didn’t buy this he don’t smoke

6 Likes

Yeah. I actually find that trimming indoor is worse because the spores are contained in the space I’m in. It’s also exacerbated by the pungent terps. I’ve got a strong sense of smell (big Roman nose) and can smell shit on the wind a mile away so it’s a big cyclical conundrum. I know nobody looks forward to trimming coz it is a hellacious undertaking. Time consuming and umpleasant. I’d really struggle as a bud trimmer despite me liking the idea of being able to do that.

5 Likes

I really enjoy trimming. I put on some Billy squire and the likes. I’m by myself. It’s like a ritual now as I say good bye to my ladies one at a time. It helps me to get over the separation anxiety. Perpetual helps as well, but I like to have a little break in between harvest so I don’t fell over worked. Also it give me time to sample everything and decide if the breeding was successful, and what to breed next.

5 Likes

Yes, it was definitely an unconscious choice I think. Before that I was dealing with two children in High School and I didn’t think I could afford to leave the job. By the time I left my daughter had finished 4 years of college and my son was half way through. I also learned a way to supplement my income working from home​:zipper_mouth_face::+1:

2 Likes

My wife and several friends can’t smoke anymore. They get paranoid. She will eat gummies with equal parts THC and CBD on occasion. I don’t know why I have high tolerance. When I lived in Haight Asbury in San Francisco in 1969 and then Berkeley in 1970, I did a lot of psychedelics on a regular basis. The acid in the early days was very potent. I lost my mind frequently but then found again every time. I consider myself very lucky that there were people (hippies and freaks) that mentored me through those experiences. I had friends that didn’t do so well. Some ended up hospitalized, some looked for ways to medicate themselves with, at that time, barbiturates or heroine, others became alcoholics. But the majority survived intact. So I have mixed feelings about psychedelics, for me they were a key but for many others they were a problem. Don’t get me wrong, there were many people who managed it OK. Look at the music and everything else that was going on. Where would the Beatles, the Stones, the Doors, Pink Floyd, the Dead, the Airplane and many, many more be without psychedelics? The 60’s (last half mostly) were about psychedelics. It wasn’t the weed that made everybody question authority and the stupid war, religion, etc. we really thought psychedelics would redirect humanity towards love and peace. Oh well. I often wonder why weed that makes most of my friends paranoid, doesn’t have that effect on me. I have an attitude that eventually everything will come apart anyway, sort of like chaos theory. So I expect these moments I have in space time are precious and I can’t worry about the dismal future that awaits all who are mortal, including me. The scary stuff is dealing with loved ones demise and the fact that all things must pass. It must be nice to believe in an afterlife but it’s not possible for me. So, as John Lennon said “whatever gets you through the night, it’s alright, it’s alright!

6 Likes

If I also made wine and beer, I would probably drink too much of it although I would save some cash. I didn’t drink more than occasionally, except wine with dinner, until after 40. When I was a mechanic, the other guys thought that was weird. I never discussed cannabis with them because I knew they (mostly) didn’t approve. Before I had access to large amounts of cannabis, my use was controlled by finances and lack of access. Since then I’ve had to learn how to moderate my use. At first it was like Wow, is this whole huge pile of weed just for me, friends and family? It’s party time!
It didn’t take long to realize that the more I smoked, the less I appreciated it. Sure I still got high but it didn’t have that magic like the early days. My brother had MS and his neurologist, in the 70’s, told him the best medicine for him was cannabis. He smoked every morning, afternoon and night. He complained that he wasn’t getting as high because of it. But his shaking and other symptoms lightened up so he continued. Before that he would take 60-80 milligrams of Valium which turned him into a bear every morning. He eventually died from that nasty MS. My mom asked me to roll a couple joints and put it in his casket! And, originally she was totally anti weed.

5 Likes

I broke fast this morning, feeling really good about the week. Proud of myself. Thinking about the role depression plays in my relationship w ganja. What can be a really positive dynamic (like it was for me this morning; I got a fun energy boost of productivity and general positivity); also can be problematic if I lean to heavily on her. This TB is really driving that message home for me. Im planning to incorporate a more consistent routine of taking breaks going forward. Good luck to all of you in finding balance as well. Cheers!

5 Likes

A good defense attorney friend of mine puts it this way: “You can’t talk yourself out of a charge, but you can talk yourself into a conviction.”

4 Likes