Understanding Cannabis Tolerance Breaks

I was also figuring out a monthly schedule. I think two days twice a month will work along with a rule for only infrequent wake and bake days.

3 Likes

I appreciate the reply and sharing all of that.

I think what you said about just a couple hits matches what I always say. - less is more. I enjoy being able.to just take a casual pass / 2 puffs and to about my day.

I went out with my friend for a coffee and he lit up a joint - and I hadnā€™t smoked in 3 weeks at that point
since we had last worked together. I had two puffs and went about my business. Got a very pleasant effect - hardly noticeable.

A few hours later I was yearning for more of that pleasant effect!!

Another time I was a smoking daily then breaked for 5 days. smoked an entire spliff with.my coworker and he was WRECKED I could tell from looking at.him + his confimation- and I was completely comfortable and relaxed - hardly over stoned . I must have been comfortable in my situation.
Must be the genetic variety? Or everyone reacts differently!

Herb is so magical lol

Iā€™m going to test my infusion which I used non-decarbed flower. . . Not going to be disappointed if I donā€™t get bombed . In fact I would.have taken it days ago if I thought it would get me high. No doubt in my mind Its going to offer some effect or relief.

2 Likes

Yes that can be a problem, cheap and unlimited access can have its pitfalls. Like you experienced when you stated growing, having more weed than you knew what to do with.

I think you can apply that to anything in life, until you start to appreciate what you have more, and concentrate on its quality and not quantity. By having an excess, it allows more time to develop the quality.

I guess I am lucky with my psychological make up. I am a data driven person, I rarely make decisions on an emotional basis. If I think I can make something as good or to my particular taste better than paying someone else for it, I will give it a good go lol.

A fancy way of saying I am tight with my money lol. Plus you get to learn new skills and knowledge.

You should look into growing mushrooms, they are easier than weed. 100 $ would get you up and running, after you have done your first grow you would have recouped your costs.

I feel sad for people who have had no proof of life after death. Personal reality is a wonderful and intriguing thing.

I have had several out of body experiences myself, and other stuff that might be classed as paranormal or metaphysical, there are so many accounts from people of near death and re incarnation experiences, that defy conventional thought for a lot of people.

Out of curiosity, what would you need to experience, to believe in life after death ?

5 Likes

Nearly 6 days of no weed. I had a couple of puffs this afternoon. I didnā€™t sleep well last night. Not from pain, thatā€™s still surprisingly low which is good.

I had about 800 calories last night when I breakfasted, I was feeling tired today, and after dragging in our 12ft crimmy tree, that was dropped off yesterday, up a flight of stairs and stood up I was completely shagged out lol.

Then the wife wanted to go to Home Depot to get some splash back tile for the bathroom I have just renovated. I felt really strange, breathing heavy, and feeling slightly faint.

I think my BP was very low again so I am not going to push the fasting past 4 days for a while and let my body adjust again.

When we got back I really wanted to take a nap after some cashew nuts and a coffee with a lot of cream, and just instinctualy picked up the vape and took a couple off puffs then thought, thatā€™s interesting, I thought I donā€™t really need it, but then the wife asked are you okay, you have looked grey all day, but now your face has completely changed, and you look a lot better.

I did feel a lot better as well, and had a great 2 hour meditation, progressing into a nap followed by a nice curry when I woke up.

The high was definitely enhanced by the break in use, and my emotional state is much better after use, I think food fasting can trigger some autonomic body stress or emotional release, that we are not accustomed to, or unaware of consciously.

Then after a short while, I thought, fuck it, letā€™s have a few beers, the last batch are getting really good now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I would love to grow some mushrooms. I havenā€™t really considered it until you mentioned it. Iā€™m often asking friends if they see any and all say no. I live in a rural area and if theyā€™re here, I wouldnā€™t know who to ask. Iā€™m not originally from here so my list of connections is small. As far as feeling sad, Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t want to make anyone sad. Iā€™ve also had many out of body experiences but I canā€™t actually say whether it was out of body or simply in my head. I also had what seemed to be a near death experience under the influence of an extreme acid called Orange Owlsley. Iā€™ve heard it was an STP derivative but who knows. It was long before Orange Sunshine which, although potent, was nothing like the Owsley. I was also ā€œrebornā€ from a sugar cube someone gave me in New Mexico in 1969. And I had a Sandoz lab Strawberry Fields that enabled my vision to become closer to the reality that actually exists. Nothing is as it appears was my conclusion. I think our eyes are normally sensitive to things we need to see to survive. But having the full power of my brain enabled me to see auraā€™s around even mosquitoes. I could easily see that all things flow together like a sea of matter. Nothing is solid. And there were bands of light energy emanating from everything in every direction. The air was not clear, it was visibly something I could see. Ever since, Iā€™ve felt and explained to others in my family that we are very much like the fish swimming in the ocean, we just swim in a different molecular stew. The near death experience enabled me to see my life from birth to death with no fear. I saw all my loved ones gathered at my death and at first there was the extreme sadness of parting with my family but then there was an understanding that all was good and I was returning to the same place I was before. Thatā€™s why I say reborn because I was somehow back to my conception. You have to understand that these are interpretations of that experience that were made days, weeks or even years after the experience itself. So, from my perspective, thereā€™s no end in a way, itā€™s returning to the beginning. Now today, consciousness is a hotly debated issue. Does it survive death? That depends on your perspective. Will my brain survive death? No. The body consumes itself shortly after death. So are my thoughts are from my brain or not? Will my personality survive death? I donā€™t think so. Will my family survive death? Not as the family exists today. But part of me and my family will survive as life has from the beginning. My physical body started with a sperm cell and egg cell from my parents and that same process can be traced all the way back through all the generations of life. We never die because our cells live on through our offspring.
I havenā€™t figured out how to use this site very well. I end up in a small box with no way to see your original post.
As far as having so much weed, I started growing continuously in the mid 80ā€™s. I had many responsibilities that did not afford me the opportunity to get high very often so it wasnā€™t a problem. And it was also a financial issue, most of my weed was leaving the house. Itā€™s only since retiring in 2017 that I have overindulged. So, hopefully, I wonā€™t have that much of a problem going forward. And smoking after 70 is, I think, part of that problem. Iā€™ll probably have to consider eating more edibles going forward. My lungs have been, no doubt, compromised by years of smoking cigarettes, weed and inhaling nasty toxic fumes at work. I donā€™t like dispensaries edibles though. Iā€™d rather make cookies and brownies at home. Sorry this is such a long post. Did I miss anything?

2 Likes

I just thought I would add some things after going back and reading your post. You said you are data driven and rarely let emotional thoughts interfere, or something like that. That is also my problem. If you asked me the same question 50 years ago, you wouldā€™ve gotten a different answer. You would have gotten a very emotional answer then. My life has been a fantastic journey that has enabled me to look at lots of information in the last 50 years. The science is often what leads me to a lot of the ideas today but science only goes so far. There are many mysteries that we will never grasp until we return to beginning again. Science is limited and not able to grasp meaning from its observations. Our remarkable brains know way more than our conscious minds reveal. I think our conscious minds are like our vision. It reveals what is needed to survive. So even though Iā€™m also data driven, I understand that reality is beyond data. Thanks for allowing me to rant this morning. I think if I spent some time, I could put this into a more readable, understandable text. And may you have a wonderful day on earth my friend.
The name I had to choose for this site wasnā€™t carefully decided, it was a song I was listening to at the time. Pilgrims Progress is really about religion and pilgrims but the song was simply about the evolution of data, passed from person to person, down through the ages to move us further. Sort of like data is a living thing in a way.

2 Likes

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you seem to get higher than usual on a weed youā€™ve been smoking for years? Was it a particular bud that was more potent or was it something about me in the particular moment?
I did the two day fast but I feel I need to add a day or two more. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™d love to hit the vaporizer this morning but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve accomplished much with just two days. I have a headache, which is rare for me, and I wonder if itā€™s simply from not smoking.
Iā€™m going to go for a long walk in the woods, maybe that will clear my head.

4 Likes

I can say this .

At the beginning of this season - April - May-
I was smoking my co workers grass from black market or dispensaries . And I think my mental state was that - 1 I hadnā€™t smoked in literally 5 months so I couldnt smoke alot - 2 - it was really strong indica and I would get glued . And even if I smoked around 9am-noon. - come 7pm -10pm I would be lying In bed and over thinking the most TRIVIAL stuff. like stuff that normally wouldnā€™t keep you up or agitated. Like over thinking encounters throughout the day - my response - wether I was interpreted incorrectly or wether they thought something about me . . .general paranoia. . . ā€¦

So this got me to really not enjoying smoking it because nearly 12 hours later I was still having metal Side effects. . Now i ways am self conscious about things but I clearly know this extent of over analyzing is from the cannabis.

Fast forward my harvest a month later in June - I was smoking my own canabbis that was extremely potent in other ways as I could smoke it once in the morning and my physical pain in my knee was non existent - and the pleasent effects would last till 3-4PM ā€¦and I wouldnt have any paranoia or troubled thinking come bed time.

Now is this possibly because itā€™s lower THC? And what my buddyā€™s had was 20+thc? Or was it from my extended break ? Or my own personal hyping up about not being able to handle it.

Well the rest of summer we all smoked some heavy dank indicas and I even smoked some triple AAA sativas and none of them gave me those late evening paranoid Racey thoughts.

Yes my tolerance got higher. And maybe my confidence grew to allow me to smoke more freely. There was mornings I would Blaze one my self on the way to work
And have 7 pre rolled joints that would be gone by lunch and do it again all weekā€¦Iā€™d be baked out of.my mind but come 2-3 pm I would be dragged out maybe but didnā€™t have that paranoia

Iā€™m not sure what the answer is ā€¦Iā€™m going to have to side with genetics and thc %>> ā€¦

I did find if I smoked my Chem 91 I would get very racey but very productive . So I would just limit my intake . Same with Jet fuelā€¦ on two occasions I smoked one spliff of it in the morning with a buddy. And both of us worked straight from 8:00am through first break and lunch until 2:00 in the blink of an eye !! Lol while the others took two breaks and a lunch hahah . .

4 Likes

I understand what you are talking about, we see psychically as well as physically sometimes itā€™s hard to tell the difference.

After my first OOBE I started to meditate up to 3 hours a day sometimes. I also became vegetarian to raise my vibrational rate. After a year or so I also started to become involved in energy channeling for healing. I developed a lot of extra sensory perception abilitys over the next 4-5 years.

During one healing group session, I first started to see peopleā€™s auras, not just the etheric misty inch of light around a persons body, but full on, light up like a Christmas tree multicolors about 2 ft around them.

It has stayed with me ever since and I can switch it off and on at will, just by focusing my attention. I also see spiritual entities, physicaly with my eyes as well as their energy body or orb light psychically.

I had an aquantance who was an eye surgeon and spoke to him occasionally about it and he was a bit baffled after excluding all the possibilities that may cause that kind of experience on a physical level.

I am also very intuitive and empathic, which has its pros and cons, but helps tremendously when you are a psychotherapist, helping people resolve their problems.

Re: the air having something in it, thatā€™s what in yogic terms is called Prana, the universal energy force that your energy charkras use to keep your aura healthy, I see it as lots of little sparks spiraling around dissappearing and re appearing.

My personality type is rated at only 3% of the population as identified by the Myers Briggs type indicator as INFP.

Mediator or Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Prospective personality traits, with a low level type of Asbergers syndrome lol.

I went through psychoanalysis as part of my training to be one, and part of that is diagnosing personality types so you have a better understanding of how to approach their particular therapy path as we are all different.

Me being sad for you, is not your problem itā€™s mine, so dont worry :wink: The reason I feel sad for people is death can be a very scary thing for some especially as you get older.

You seem to be not in that negative emotional state about it, just accepting the finality of it as a separation from loved ones. From my experience itā€™s the complete opposite.

When my daughter was 2 and a half years old, she started asking me questions about when we were brothers, and if I remembered some stuff that was quite traumatic for us in that life that she would have no comprehension about as a very young child.

As a psychotheraist I have done some very fascinating regressions on people using hypnosis, which also included alien abductions as well as past life stuff.

I know our DNA does hold memory through many generations, a bit like our akashik records held in our energy fields, perhaps that energy record has input into how our DNA develops once we have incarnate again. Some things I have seen or read show me that re incarnation is a fact for me. As I create my own reality from my thoughts, emotions and actions, it must be true for me. :slight_smile:

I agree and why when I have finished with this body after wearing it out, and I get to go home I will be checking all the mysteries out there that plague my mind :joy:

5 Likes

Well I just smoked today for the first time in a week and before that it was 3 weeks.

A friend came over to help clean up my backyard before winter comes and organize my garage. I rolled one up and took two Puffs let it go out and then about 20-30 minutes later I lit it up and had another couple puffs. I ended up. Being a bit more high than I would have liked I was stumbling on my words and acting a bit silly.

I kind of felt like I would have enjoyed my friends company a bit more without smoking. I think if I stick with just the first two puffs I would have been perfect. Iā€™m going to have to find my happy medium. Or just continue to grow sub par weed LOL

Iā€™m good now itā€™s been a couple hours.

4 Likes

Come on lads and ladies itā€™s stay strong Sunday Iā€™m about to trim 8 paper bags full of weed lol

Like I said Iā€™ve been cleaning myself out like this for years

Itā€™s always the first week is the worst for me because I mix tabacco with my weed,so Iā€™m drying out from the weed and tabacco so I vape E-juice to take the edge off and get some nicotine only use 6mg of nicotine on the vape

3 Likes

This is Excellent! @GrouchyOldMan Thank you for sharing.
My personal medical cannabis usage is based on controlling, redundant images of the events that gave me PTSD, mostly is use Hybrid strains to exit or avoid mind storm events. Taking action and moving in another direction helps more than anything else with changing my mind and thinking about something else. Indica makes me forget my dreams and letā€™s me get to a point that Iā€™m not afraid of going to sleep and waking from horrible nightmares. When tolerance becomes an issue i use the skip method, 24-36 hours no intake, wait till the following night and medicate with indica to get sleep and continue as needed.

Thank you to everyone sharing their personal knowledge.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure you realize that many folks will have a hard time understanding these ideas. Probably think weā€™re both nuts? I very much enjoy what youā€™re saying. People have often told me Iā€™m too analytical about the nature of reality. And yet these experiences were beyond verbal communication. At the same time, my science educated friends have a hard time understanding something except through scientific evaluation. Ah, we both know there is more to it than that. During my orange Owsley adventure, we (5 of us) had to flee to the woods about 15 minutes after we ingested it. We sat in a circle in a small clearing. Besides having what seemed to be a near death experience, we also had some type of encounter with what we thought were aliens at the time. I remember us all trying to hide in a group behind some trees. One of us lost it, moved back to the clearing and started yelling and doing irrational things like throwing everything in his pockets into the woods. The rest of us were too, I guess paranoid, to help him and stayed behind the trees. We could sense a presence close by in the woods. We figured our heightened consciousness had somehow attracted the ā€œaliensā€ to our location. We hadnā€™t considered other entities who exist in our realm, we thought alien. Afterwards, when dawn arrived we were still blazing beyond the usual acid trip that we all had expected. The one guy who lost it, unfortunately, died a couple years later. He drove off a cliff in Colorado?
Anyway, we buried the remaining Owsley (over 40 large orange tabs) in a hole in that woods because we didnā€™t want to ā€œsellā€ it to anyone for fear that they would freak out like our one friend or even just experience what we had in the last 14 or 16 hours. This was not a recreational experience and thatā€™s what people were expecting at that time.
One last thing, none of us spoke during this experience once we started peaking, but we were still communicating. An hour or so after the sun came up, someone muttered ā€œIā€™m aliveā€. Iā€™m not sure who it was, it couldnā€™t been me. I was never the same after that night and 52 years later I still consider that day the day the veil was lifted and ultimate reality revealed. Also the idea of memory in our DNA is very interesting. I thought this information was coming from somewhere in my brain. I felt my mind knew the history of life all the way back to earth and lifeā€™s beginnings. DNA memory makes more sense because my particular mind was a more recent development. I also delved into eastern philosophy finding that information closer to my thoughts than western philosophy or western theologies or should I say mythologies. I enjoyed a lot of the Hindu texts although I also had a problem with the caste system. It seemed a convenient ruse for those in power. And Buddhist ideas also were intriguing but a lot of the discipline and practice involved turned me off. I preferred to be my own religion, so to speak.
One last comment, when I returned to school in the mid 80ā€™s, the college wanted me to take several tests to evaluate my capabilities and my knowledge base. Afterwards, they told me I should consider a career in Psychology rather than what I was considering. I had two young children at that time and years more of school didnā€™t seem possible. I was still full time employed as an engine mechanic. I was simply looking for a better position to support my young family.

3 Likes

I have been here about 3 years I think, I have made many posts on these subjects so I am probably already considered a bit wack lol.

Its understandable if someone has not had these experiences.

My first full acid tab use resulted in a similar experience, I did not like it as it lasted over 14 hours and I thought I was going to be stuck like it forever.

There were three of us and we were just sitting in the car chatting and listening to music. Then I started to get overwhelmed as I was picking up the other 2 peoples thoughts and emotions. I had to leave them and go for a walk after an hour the energy became too much.

For me that was my awakening to the unseen universe and the possibilities of other realities and abilities that arenot conventional.

I have read most of the worlds religiouse books and esoteric writings.

The Sumerian book of creation is probably the most interesting, and very similar to the Bhagavad Gita.

The local Jehova witnes door knockers would bring their new recruits to me to test their resilience out lol. As soon as I started to open their minds a little bit, it would get shut down with, why dont you come down to the kingdom hall, and speak to our head person, this is not something we understand lol.

We are getting a bit off topic now. There is another thread somewhere where this discussion would be more appropriate.

3 Likes

Also like the Gita. Yeah, Iā€™ve also challenged the Jehovah witnesses. One day I was cranky and told them that my belief system relied on people coming to my house so I could help them find peace. And sometimes we briefly talked about belief systems that werenā€™t monotheistic. They came back with their books about Hinduism and Buddhism. They have a Kingdom Hall about a half mile away. I knew a witness from work years ago. He explained how he and his group would be saved and the rest of us would burn in hell for eternity. And he was comfortable with our infinite suffering because he said we made the choice. There were quite a few at this place I worked at the time. They would stay away from the rest of us. Most of them had a very blank look in their eyes, very much a strange cult.

4 Likes

Well folks looks like this thread is slowing down and I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed. Thereā€™s an abundance of worthy insights and personal experience here and I hope it will be useful down the road to OGers considering a T-Break info.

My own personal T-Break ended up surprisingly well. It has been over a week now since I indulged in the sacred herb. I extended my original two day T-Break despite this trip to sunny California where there seems to be a dispensary every two blocks.

I was here to visit my aging Mom and from her I learned that most of her friends are using cannabis in one form or another to ease their aches and pains. I had to chuckle at the thought of little old ladies shopping in ā€œThe Marijuana Shopsā€ around town for ointments, edibles and tinctures. Never thought Iā€™d see the dayā€¦

In that environment I unexpectedly found that my desirelessened over time
rather than increasing. It is comforting to prove to myself that smoking cannabis isnā€™t addictive, even if growing it is!

Heading home today and also glad to report that I can hardly wait to spark some heinous bud the minute I get home.

Best to all and thanks again for sharing your stories.
-Grouchy

PS, and a big :+1: :green_heart: to @LemonadeJoe for hosting this ongoing party!

10 Likes

The short 6 day weed fast was good it definitely improved my sensitivity as well as seeing how my pain levels have improved lately.

I will be going to do more breaks like this, might do them in conjunction with my 6 day food fasts, every month, to alleviate the serious munchies when vaping after 4 days of not eating lol.

Cheers

5 Likes

Iā€™ll food fast. I go with out sometimes. I think it keeps you healthy.

1 Like

Very good story.

Did everyone stop doing the tolerance breaks.

I just did another 6 day tolerance break combined with my usual monthly food fast. Hardly had any pain symptoms didnā€™t really have any desire to use either. I did have some sleep problems though, took a couple of hours each night to get off to sleep.

First pot brownie and toke on my vape lasted all night with a very pleasant buzz. It was good to have a clear head for almost a week. Itā€™s easy to forget how nice feeling normal is lol.

5 Likes